Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to tone down loyalty for city states earned through claims. I used a medium claim on a city state next to my border city, but even with a garrison, city connection, and buildings, I was stuck fighting revolts for the next 20+ turns, which is just disastrous with the CBP changes to barbs and garrisons.

I really like the upgraded magistrate/dignatery system though, it is a huge improvement over E&D's per era solution.

Suggestions:
Counterfeiters halve tourism coming from great works in that city.
Anarchists reduce city loyalty.
Mafia affect Prosperity, perhaps devaluing currency worth.
Terrorists will pillage/destroy an improvement every 10 turns, destroy a building every 30. Or reduce Power.

I really have no idea how power should work, especially since I never saw how it worked in Civ 4. Does it enhance? Or is it required to enable production?

It would be neat if there was a power station improvement. Build it over horses after Modern era to get unlimited energy ;)

Seriously though, depending on how easy it is to generate power, and if extra power helps you or not, having a Power Station improvement would be cool. Building next to rivers or a mine would increase power output. Could become available during Industrial or Modern era.

I also think Three Gorges Dam should be reintroduced. Provides an Aluminium free Hydro Dam, and +1 power in each tile next to a river. City must be built on a river/Have at least 3 workable river tiles.

I've got another compatibility bug with the CPP. The CBP introduces a unique palace for Venice - "BUILDING_DOGE_PALACE." However, CID only assigns starting magistrates and dignitaries to the regular palace.

Thanks for all your great mods, they really make CivV into the immersive experience that the game should have been. Got a bit of feedback and a few bug reports for you though.

First a really odd bug. Building the floating gardens converts its city into a colony. This only started happening sometime in the last couple of updates. Doesnt matter how the city gets it even placing with IGE causes it to happen and a magistrate cant reintergrate the city. For some reason the game thinks FG == colony. I've looked through the code and cant see anything at first glance which could cause it and there is no errors or anything in the logs. I can post my logs if you want but should be easy to replicate.

Second early warfare seems way too easy with the new city bombard ranges. I almost wiped out The Zulu with only 2 catapults and 2 Jaguars. Abandoned the game due to the above bug before going to their capital, but essentially the AI cant cope with defence. I placed the cats on a hill 2 tiles from the city where they can attack without being counter attacked. Jags take care of any aproaching land units. Also seems like the AI likes to recall their militia to the capital instead of leaving them to protect their home city. Maybe make cats have a range of 1, should balance thing a bit better as very few cities would be upgraded yet. Trebs can still be range 2

Lastly a couple of QoL things. The icon for province level is really hard to see at times, especially if there is a resource under the city. IMO it is too small and the gold colour blends in with the terrain too much.

Are fort colonies supposed to be called Fort New Whatever? Seems a bit wierd to me, should just be Fort Whatever.

Using the latest version of CBP, CiD etc, i am getting this
Spoiler :
untime Error: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 16)\Components\Provinces\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua:246: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

at JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua is this line
Spoiler :
if provinceHelp then provinceTT = convertTextKey(provinceHelp, province.NumUnitsSpawned, GameInfo.Units[unitID].Description, province.NumUnitsXP)
end

And the game looks like this :)

*********Update
My mistake Works fine. Side-note for other ppl:
If adding a new era you must update the militarySupport table from JFD_GetProvinceBonusTT @ JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua file :)

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 104
Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

I'm really anxious to try this mod as it looks great. But every download I've done, no matter what stage of the process, I've ran into the same problem when running the mod. The game starts and when I found my capital, it tells me it's a colony. Then, after moving my unit, I'm prompted to choose production in the city, something which I can't do. Neither can I purchase anything in the city (obviously, I have no gold, but I cannot even click the 'purchase' button). On top of that, the tech tree shows only agriculture and no other technologies, and none can be selected. This is when only CiD and Community Patch are enabled (I've also tried enabling all your other gameplay mods, to the same effect) and having changed nothing in the user settings. And as I've said, I've downloaded and redownloaded across various stages of development.

Really, I'm at a loss, as I'm sure this isn't happening to everyone.

Doesn't CiD require E&D?

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

I'm really anxious to try this mod as it looks great. But every download I've done, no matter what stage of the process, I've ran into the same problem when running the mod. The game starts and when I found my capital, it tells me it's a colony. Then, after moving my unit, I'm prompted to choose production in the city, something which I can't do. Neither can I purchase anything in the city (obviously, I have no gold, but I cannot even click the 'purchase' button). On top of that, the tech tree shows only agriculture and no other technologies, and none can be selected. This is when only CiD and Community Patch are enabled (I've also tried enabling all your other gameplay mods, to the same effect) and having changed nothing in the user settings. And as I've said, I've downloaded and redownloaded across various stages of development.

Really, I'm at a loss, as I'm sure this isn't happening to everyone.

1. Logs.
  2. Is your game using the latest version?
  3. Using EUI?
  4. Tried clearing cache?

@Natan
It doesn't require it, but it is greatly enhanced by it. Even then, I doubt that missing E&D would cause issues on this scale.

Can someone explain exactly what happened here? First three cities decided to secede from Sweden-Norway, however none of them flipped to barbarians:
Spoiler :

This went on for a few more turns, then out of the blue this:
Spoiler :

Shaka has been experiencing a similar problem.

Sweden Norway doesn't support CiD last I checked... This may have nothing to do with it though.

Sweden Norway doesn't support CiD last I checked... This may have nothing to do with it though.

CID support isn't a thing... the only thing that you can add for support is colony names, which would either be SELECT FROM'd from Sweden, or done as ExCE support originally.

Nice try, though ;)

How to liberate a CS? When I capture it, it becomes a colony, I haven't any popup.

Alright, is everyone supposed to go from "Best buds forever" to "I'm gonna rip your head off and put it on a pike" as soon as you adopt a different ideology? I've had no fewer than 12 civs declare war on me within 3 turns, and as a result I now have about 120 units scattered around the globe from raising levies.

Exaggerating doesn't help me. If you're not exaggerating, then how the Distortion World do you have 120/60 cities? :eek:

I'm not exaggerating at all, according to the red exclamation mark I'm 50 units over my cap of 70. I have 3 cities, all states, and two colonies. The AI also seems to have irrationally large armies consisting of only infantry. Of note is that levies were raised every time I got DoW'ed.

Forgive me, I thought that you only received them on a first time war. This is probably something I intended but forgot to add in. Will address in the next update. In the meantime, enjoy your insane patriotic war :p

1. Logs.
  2. Is your game using the latest version?
  3. Using EUI?
  4. Tried clearing cache?

@Natan
It doesn't require it, but it is greatly enhanced by it. Even then, I doubt that missing E&D would cause issues on this scale.

1) how do?
2) yup.
3) nope.
4) again, how do?

And for what it's worth, I tried it with e&d first

1. Logging
4. C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5, delete the Cache folder. This'll purge all, well, cached data (including mods selected).

Now, a Colony is technically identified by the city possessing a Governor's Mansion. Does the city have one? If not, then I suspect something is interfering with the G's M being added to the database (which the logs will help me identify), and hence any building would pass the colony check.

@Curns Ditto to you. Logs, cache, declaration of settings/mosts, etc. (all in OP. Please peruse) - you sound like you have a similar problem.

Reducing Catapult's range seems like a reasonable solution. Thanks.

On Province icons, I am open to change, but am not up for making my own (these are ripped from CK II :p)

Fort New X is how it's meant to be. It becomes New {Capital Name} if it is the first colony and Fort if it is from a Fort or Citadel.

Using the latest version of CBP, CiD etc, i am getting this
Spoiler :
untime Error: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 16)\Components\Provinces\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua:246: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

at JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua is this line
Spoiler :
if provinceHelp then provinceTT = convertTextKey(provinceHelp, province.NumUnitsSpawned, GameInfo.Units[unitID].Description, province.NumUnitsXP)
end

And the game looks like this :)

*********Update
My mistake Works fine. Side-note for other ppl:
If adding a new era you must update the militarySupport table from JFD_GetProvinceBonusTT @ JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua file :)

I'll push these values into the database in the next update, in order to prevent this sort of issue from reoccuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom