1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

2. Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus Warlord

My mod list:
    Spoiler :
    Community Patch
    Civilization IV Diplomacy
    City Limits
    City States Expansion
    City States Leaders II
    Contextual Unit Name and its addon
    Natural Disaster
    Emigration
    Enlightenment Era
    Eras-Renaissance to Eras-Modern
    Extra Victory Conditions
    Future Worlds
    Greatest Cities
    Historical Religions Complete
    Hunnic City List
    Ingame Editor
    Cities in Development
    Rise To Power
    Cultural Diversity
    Exploration Continued Expanded
    Krajzen's Great Musicians Pack
    Lumber Mills on Jungles
    More Great Works
    More Luxuries
    Move Capital
    National Parks
    RED Modpack
    Reforestation
    Events and Decisions
    Renaissance Era Revised

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

4. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

In other words, stick to civilizations made by people who know how to avoid breaking the database?

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Not quite. Sometimes, conflicts can cause the database to break - one rule of thumb: avoid civs that don't use unique tags to denote their civ/building/unit, etc.

6. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

This triggers when I try to use a Magistrate/Dignitary to assimilate a colony:

Code:
     Runtime Error: C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 20)\Components\Claims\Lua\Utilities\JFD_RTP_ClaimsUtils.lua:414: attempt to call global 'JFD_DeColonizeCity' (a nil value)

7. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

I just realized that if you invest in a building like you would normally buy a building (selecting from the Purchase list rather than hitting the Invest button), it adds the production bonus to whatever the City is currently building, not the "invested" building.

Also, has anyone had any issues liberating Cities that flipped to Barbarians? Japan lost Osaka to the Barbarians. I captured it again, and tried to liberate it. Got a CTD instead. I saved right before and kept the city for myself without any problems. Once I'm done with this game, I'll go back to that point and try liberating it again to see if it's a recurring problem.

8. Maguyver

Maguyver Chieftain

JFD, I removed the redundant mods and the CL Civs. I'm 200 turns into a really fun game and it looks like that might have done the trick, so thank you.

One thing that did happen was that I had the event pop which asks if you'd like to upgrade the city level for one of your cities, and when I chose to do so it did cause a crash. Unfortunately, I loaded and then kept on trucking, therefore I don't know if the logs that I have would cover that event. If you'd like to see them anyhow, I can post them.

And, for what it's worth, I would also cast a vote for the darkest brown citizen icon.

9. Chrisy15

Oh, I vote for the middle one. The top one doesn't make me think "bad", but the bottom one doesn't seem very clear/defined. The colours all seem to merge into each other, making it look quite different to other citizen icons.

10. Daniel Empire

Daniel Empire Chieftain

Hello, I was wondering if this mod speeds up city border growth. I was going to get another mod that sped it up (most of huge map shouldn't be empty by industrial era!) but I want to make sure this one doesn't add it first because then border growth from this would conflict with the other mod.

11. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

You get '-10% Gold/Culture Tile costs' from County province level and '-30% Gold/Culture Tile costs (excludes Capital)' from State province level.

Dark brown icon looks good, maybe the citizen head can be brighter a bit? It's maybe not transparent enough.

12. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

When Venice assimilates a Colony, it because a non-Puppetted City. It felt wrong.

13. Chrisy15

Just checking: Am I supposed to be able to found Citadel Colonies inside other civs' territory? Just founded one in Russia's land while I was attacking them; it only claimed the tile it was on.

[Edit] Enemy cities that have been turned into colonies gain +30% Loyalty from Original Founder rather than Defeated Founder. Cities are also getting +30% bonus from defeated founder despite the founder still being alive and warring (even if they are irrelevant).

Finally, just noticed that I've not always had the option to make a captured city into a colony - Capitals give me the option, but other cities don't seem to.

14. xkander

xkander Chieftain

Madrid (level 3 city), an epidemic of Black Death has broken out on Turn 43. The Plague Lenght is 2.
    In Madrid there are two "wonders" (Palace and Assembly) and 2 buildings (Shrine and Monument)

Turn 43 (turn #1 of Plague)
    Defense is 11-2=9
    *Food Production is 9
    **Lost food: 4 (-2 for plague, -2 for buildings)
    **Base=9-4=5
    **Pop eat 6
    *Final food is 0 (instead of -1)

Turn 44 (turn #2 of Plague)
    Defense is 11-1=10
    *Food Production is 9
    **Lost food: 2 (-1 for plague, -1 for buildings)
    **Base=9-2=7
    **Pop eat 6
    *Final food is 0 (instead of +1)

Turn 46 (no Plague)
    Defense is 11
    *Food Production is 9
    **Lost food: 0
    **Base=9
    **Pop eat 6
    *Final food is 3 (+ happiness bonus)

I don't understand why during a plague there is a penalty from buildings (no mention about this in Wikia/Wordpress) and why the final food is 0.

JFD's Mods: CiD (37), CD (6), RtP (20), ExCE (13)

Attached Files:

15. xkander

xkander Chieftain

And now the Crime...

In Madrid there is a level 6 Crime, that should produce -1 culture from vandalism.

The Culture production in Madrid is +1 from buildings, +7 from Religion and -1 from vandalism, but the result is +8 and not +7, so the city borders will grown in 4 turns (instead of 5)

The same error is in the Social Policy resume, so next policy will be unlocked after 18 turns (instead of 21)

And now another point I don't understand... where is the City Planning policy bonus (reduces crime from theft by -15% in all cities)? It is listed, but I don't see its effect on numbers.

Attached Files:

16. xkander

xkander Chieftain

I'm ready for the firtst internal trade from Madrid to Barcelona:
    • +6 food to Barcelona
    • +1.4 Disease in Madrid
    • +1.4 Disease in Barcelona

The following turn the result is:
    • +6 food to Barcelona
    • +1.4 Disease in Madrid
    • No disease in Barcelona
    • No disease in the Trade Overview

Attached Files:

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

18. xkander

xkander Chieftain

Sorry JFD if I seamed a bit pedantic, I didn't intend to be overly critical!
    I love all your fantastic mods and like to see them perfect :)

19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

It's ok. It's just that I already admitted (you may have missed it) that the change to Plagues didn't work as intended (the switch to a raw Food loss), and I stated that v38 will change it to extra Food consumed by Citizens. So any reports related are a bit wasted. And re: Crimes, you'll just have to accept that I am not mathematically inclined, so it's not going to always be 100% accurate. Suffice to say, it's been a trying week for me, personally, so I haven't the patience for complex bugs about maths - it just makes me cranky :p

20. xkander

xkander Chieftain

Ok, crime is not 100% accurate. But I see that Violence does affect Food production (correct), instead Vandalism does not affect Culture at all, so maybe there's something that could be easily fixed for this [and other crimes] yield.

And what about trade vs disease? Maybe there is something missing and the disease will not show up in the destination city as intended and in the resume panel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.