1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City Resource Stockpiling mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by TheLopez, Sep 17, 2010.

1. TheLadiesOgre

TheLadiesOgre Aspiring Codesmith

While this is still true, things are not going as well as planned, I've had some PC troubles... :mad:

2. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

lopez...have you abandoned us again?...:((((

3. TheLopez

TheLopez Deity

Lol no, Im on a long vacation ( Disney world, cruise , visiting friends , etc.) I haven't had internet access for two weeks till now

4. ozon

ozon Chieftain

Yay! Glad to hear that it's only a well deserved vacation!
    I too suffered, that you abandoned the mod. But now I´m looking relaxed and patiently forward to it.
    :goodjob:

5. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

Wow. You disappear for a few days and the next thing you know people think you stopped modding. At least it didn't get to the next stage where people start to think you died...

6. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

ah sweet... i got worried for a moment :)

7. TheLopez

TheLopez Deity

Ok, back at home and will pick up modding again

8. CellKu

CellKu Emperor

Ah, good to hear! :) We are all waiting (im)patiently... ;)

9. LeftBower

LeftBower Chieftain

Do we know how close? Is there a deadline you've set yourself? Sorry if I seem impolite, I'm just an eager modder who also wants to use this modcomp. :)

10. Akilla

Akilla Chieftain

Just to politely express an interest in this revolutionary Mod, as many others have done before, without meaning to push for any news on a potential release date... :rolleyes:

11. 50caliber

50caliber Warlord

The lopez, the mod looks interesting. In fact I just downloaded your resource decay mod. I have a question about the resource decay mod though: You dont have to work the tile with the resource on it, you still have access to the resource through culture borders and road, and it never decays because you arent working the tile for it to decay. Meanwhile, you still reap the benefits of the resource....

12. Mylon

Mylon Amateur Game Designer

Very nice concept. I had wanted to do something very similar, though in particular more economy oriented. Thus one does not mine iron, they mine iron ore, and builds a smelting shop to make iron, then that iron is consumed to make military units OR toolshops to boost production. Steel tech allows the construction of forges, which produce steel for units of that era. I just never brainstormed enough to properly put it together into a full game in a manner that would add fun.

13. Voyhkah

Voyhkah Political Activist

Wait, I just learned two things.

1. The mod's not out yet?;
    and
    2. You're still moding Civ4? YAHOOOO!!!!

I'm so going to use this. But how much is in SDK? How many changes are there?

I assume all the changes are labeled.

14. topsecret

topsecret Believer

Are you still working on this?

15. TheLopez

TheLopez Deity

I know... I disappeared again... I've had to drop out of the modding scene again due to my job change back in January. I haven't had time to work on this but if someone wants to pick it up I'd be more than happy to share the source with them... Its really close to being done.

16. gfurst

gfurst Warlord

Hey Lopez, I'm also interested in some way to improve the resource distribution system.
    But also a tend a lot more to the passive side of things, just hate the micromanaging.
    If you could share the specific clear features you're trying to achieve, then I may help you, if I can of course.

17. Chiyochan

Chiyochan King

I'm a huge flake but I'd love to have this anyway, I might be able to use it for something, especially if it can be made as a loadable module that I can put in another mod like LoR.
    I probably wouldn't finish it in the way you want though, stockpiling seems too micromanagement to me, I'd certainly love to use the stockpile to limit unit production and provide more resources per map resource. I'd also like to see dynamic traits make use of stockpiles to provide empire wide benefits or penalties.

18. Voyhkah

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!! Post what you've got in the SDK components section, and you'll have a dozen takers in no time! PLEASE! I was really counting on this!

19. topsecret

topsecret Believer

And, Please,
    MAKE A COMPILED DLL TOO! :lol:

20. Voyhkah

PLEASE SHARE IT WITH IT, The_Lopez!