• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ 5 Art Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just registered especially to post my little emoticon!
I've been lurking at this site for a long time though.

Well here it is, i like the idea of using the hexagon thing and using the civ's V as a roman 5.
My idea was to use one hexagon for the C and the I and use a second hexagon to contain the V.
I quickly made it in paint so it's a bit rough and needs to be perfected...

Attachments

• ciVsmall.png
    ciVsmall.png
    479 bytes · Views: 340
  • CIV5small.png
    CIV5small.png
    841 bytes · Views: 324
  • ciV5.png
    ciV5.png
    8 KB · Views: 60
where V is formed as a border between two civs...

Attachments

• civ5c.png
    civ5c.png
    381 bytes · Views: 301
Well here it is, i like the idea of using the hexagon thing and using the civ's V as a roman 5.
My idea was to use one hexagon for the C and the I and use a second hexagon to contain the V.

Great, you may have just got my vote! :goodjob:

Maybe have a thin black border aournd the C and I, so that they are clearly letters, but Alfa, you are on to something here! :goodjob:

where V is formed as a border between two civs...
Could a C and an I fit in those top two hexes?

dV

Could a C and an I fit in those top two hexes?

I tried it, but it didn't look so good.

I also made one with more tiles, where a V is formed from a peninsula of plains tiles inside water tiles (and with a few forest tiles on top). It needs more pixels to look good however.

Attachments

• civ5d.png
    civ5d.png
    328 bytes · Views: 296
  • civ5e.png
    civ5e.png
    356 bytes · Views: 311
Hmm ... looks like the CI inside the V may be too small to see easily. On the others, try the C in the SW corner, and maybe the C and I a touch larger?

I tried having them larger...unfortunately any larger and it looks disproportionate...we've only got twleve vertical pixels...

Civ Fuehrer is close to my design concept shown below. Not very artistic, as I don't have those skills, but see if we can tuck the CI into a large V in a more aesthetically pleasing fashion than what I have below

Notes: This was a castelian (I think) font at 72 size, in 200%, 300% and 400% horizontal stretch to generate the various V's. The 400% stretch is probably too much, the 200% not enough.

Of course, anything with a large "V" has appeal to me! :lol:

dV

Made two more, one with the Civ 5 'v' and one with your 'v' though I think the latter could use a little more touching up.

Attachments

• Civ5icon6.gif
    Civ5icon6.gif
    1,010 bytes · Views: 285
  • Civ5icon5.gif
    Civ5icon5.gif
    609 bytes · Views: 284
Gave it another go based on what some members wanted to see...

:)

Attachments

• CF V Icon 2.gif
    CF V Icon 2.gif
    607 bytes · Views: 907
Here is my icon. What do you think?

Attachments

• Civ5 Icon.gif
    Civ5 Icon.gif
    584 bytes · Views: 293
Modified to follow da Vinci's suggestion (the color is stolen from the forum, lightened and saturated a little):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=244288&stc=1&d=1267119970

Just an alternative to my post above. I think I like the V in the middle better, though.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=244298&stc=1&d=1267121737
Thanks for the revisions ... maybe on the monogram version (center V) go with upper case C and I, sized appropirately of course ;).

Made two more, one with the Civ 5 'v' and one with your 'v' though I think the latter could use a little more touching up.
Ah, you have restored my faith in the CI inside the V idea ... I think it is a busy enough concept that sans serif fonts are in order, as in your first one.

Along the lines of thinking below, try going back to the first one in your first post, take out the small v and have the CI centered vertically (as it already is) and horizontally ... without worrying about squeezing it into the notch of the V.

Gave it another go based on what some members wanted to see...

:)
Hmm ... you could make me change my mind about having the second V with that one ... but what if you dropped the small v and then just centered the CI (without trying to squeeze it into the notch of the big V)?

dV

How 'bout this one?

Also, can we submit SMAC logos as well?

:cool: Definitely gets my vote. :goodjob:

Ah, you have restored my faith in the CI inside the V idea ... I think it is a busy enough concept that sans serif fonts are in order, as in your first one.

Along the lines of thinking below, try going back to the first one in your first post, take out the small v and have the CI centered vertically (as it already is) and horizontally ... without worrying about squeezing it into the notch of the V.

I did two sized 'CI''s for the horizontal and I think the vertical 'CI' is a tad small to fit, but here it is. I could try diagonal.

Attachments

• Civ5icon7.gif
    Civ5icon7.gif
    413 bytes · Views: 264
  • Civ5icon8.gif
    Civ5icon8.gif
    391 bytes · Views: 270
  • Civ5icon9.gif
    Civ5icon9.gif
    373 bytes · Views: 251
Thanks for the votes everyone! :D

Maybe have a thin black border aournd the C and I, so that they are clearly letters, but Alfa, you are on to something here!

I did do a thin border but made it gold because the background is already black.
It's still in paint though, maybe (if i feel like it) i'll make an improved version this weekend.

Attachments

• ciV5_2.png
    ciV5_2.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 62
  • ciV5_2small.png
    ciV5_2small.png
    796 bytes · Views: 262
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom