Civ 5 Confirmed Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, special abilities, plus two unique units for some civs and unique buildings for others!

Edit: Whoa, did anyone expect the Iroquois?

Huge Update of all the new info

Surprising that they'd pick the Peacemaker over the Khan. At least there's no Native America or HRE. Germany has Landsknecht AND Panzer.

Holy crap, did you see the background for the leader of Songhai? Where was Songhai? Mordor??? No way was that any place on earth.

So that leaves Spain and Mongolia as the shocking no shows, not to mention Vikings and Inca.

Now, I wonder if each civ will have 2 UUs and one UB, or if some civs will have 2UUs and some will have one UU and one UB (which looks like the case if the info we have now is complete).

"only one each type of unit (Millitary/Naval/Economic)hex"

unreasonable!A unit of 100% military strength hex,but a unit of 50% military strength also hex?

I believe that "volume" is a good way.The volume of hex is 100%.So,A unit of 100% military strength hex,two units of 50% military strength hex,three units of 33% military strength hex...

"Recombination" is also needed.two units of 50% military strength can recombine into one unit of 100% military strength,of course,fighting strength may be reduce.

from the official site Podcast 1:

Schafer says:

"Happiness is now empire-based instead of city-based and what
that lets players do is expand a lot and have a lot of small cities or a few really big cities."

another bit from Podcast 1:

"culture and the policy tree was really intriguing because now with culture you're actually unlocking all of these abilities all throughout time for your civilization as a whole."

Some things from the screen shots:
Swordsmen, Ironclads, man of wars, Riflemen, Musket men?, Cavalry, Knights, Cannon, Tundra, Workshop?, Deer, Coal, Cotton, and Double border colors.

Possibly multiple simultaneous combats,
Possibly fog for fog of war.

Now, who was it that "confirmed" Mongolia? *Equips composite bow*

Here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=355773
And here:
http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2830

So either 1-- both of those sources lied (and another source lied about someone being hired to help them with the language the Inca used), or 2-- fireaxis is already working on an xpac when they're not even out of alpha with the first installment, or 3-- they'll have those civs ready to go on day 0, but will sell us the game incomplete for full price and expect us to pay extra for DLC if we want the full game. Hopefully not all at 10 dollars a pop like Babylon.

I'm a tad upset we aren't getting our Mongols. They're always a neat civ, since they're just... pure war.
I guess Songhai are taking over for that now.
Here's hoping the next expansion adds Vikings, Incans, Mayans, Mongolians, etc. back into the game.

Also who was it that "confirmed" Mongolians?

I'm rather disappointed at the lack of Redcoats for the Brits. Ship of the Line makes sense since the British are known for their navy, but Longbowmen? Seems a bit too generic for my liking.

Either way, I've got my Brits, and that's enough to make me happy:).

The list of civs needs updating. The official site is up:
http://www.civilization5.com/

No Mongolia it seems...

I've always thought Mongolia was an odd choice for a player in Civ. Yes, Genghis was a great conqueror and organizer. Yes, Kublai and other ruled over powerful civilizations. But the Mongols are par exemplar the powerful barbarians who conquered other civilizations. They did offer innovations of their own, especially in military tactics, and even in legal and economic reforms. But they eschewed "civilization." A Mongol chief who chose to live in a city instead of a tent was considered to have gone-native, which is what Kublai did. (If Stalin the Georgian and Napoleon the Corsican rule Russia and France in Civ, then Kublai should be a CHINESE ruler and not a Mongol one, IMHO.) The root idea of civilization (and Civilization) is CITIES. There are certain other Civ players (Native Americans for example) about whom this same camplaint can be made, but I think the Mongols are one of the most obvious cases. Even so, they've been in every version of Civ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom