Votes: 99 22.8%
  • Nubia

Votes: 62 14.3%
  • Other (please tell)

Votes: 70 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wanted a (for lack of a better word) "vassal" expansion pack, one that explores different types of vassalage.

I.E. We have America, who violently broke away from England, we could have Poland who were subjugated by the USSR, and maybe (yep, here comes my bias) Australia and Canada which began much like America but took different paths to independence.

Vassals and Colonies are one of the most interesting parts of Civ IV and had the most potential to be expanded. It's something I've wanted to see for awhile.

I like canada/australia as additional civs, though ANZAC is probably more likely to squeak in. most likely though we'll just have to mod them in.

Honestly, I think Australia makes more sense as city-states, you could have Aboriginal city/locale names and places like Perth, Brisbane, etc. New Zealand could similarly have Maori and/or places like Wellington, Auckland, etc. As countries? Naw. As much as I love Oz/NZ. :S

Huns would be...interesting, but unlike the Mongols they didn't really try and administrate over any conquered territory. At best, I can see them as a unique barbarian civ, but little else. (I mean, what would the Huns speak? Closest language you could get for them is Mongolian, which is what Ensemble Studios used in Age of Empires II).

Poland, Zulus (must), Spain and Inca (prob. this December), Koreans, Carthage/Phoenicia, Assyria/Hittites, Sumeria, Ethiopia, Byzantium, Mayans, Sioux, Vikings and possibly Hungary would be my picks.

Can't wait til I see/hear the Korean leader (who I hope will be Sejong, and voiced by an older Korean man who knows formal, old-fashioned Korean)

I would say...

The Dutch: I would say they get a bonus to Naval Trade Routes (+2 :c5gold: per oversea :c5trade:?) or maybe a bonus to River Tiles (+1 :c5production: or +1 :c5gold:

The Incas: I would give them something mountain related. Maybe their units can move over mountains as if they were roads? Or mountains yield some :c5food:/:c5production:/:c5gold:? I wouldn't oppose to any of these

The Israelites: I would *LOVE* to have them included for once. Their ability should have something to do with the "Holy Land" thing. Maybe less c5unhappy: from Occupied/Puppeted Cities?

The Portugese: I think that one's pretty straightforward: More Visibility from Naval Units and maybe more :c5gold: from Water Tiles?

The Swiss: Would be a cool (and somewhat random) entry. Ability could be something related to Banking or gaining gold. What about gaining a variable amount of :c5gold: (2% of the current treasure?) each turn? I would oppose to give that trait to the Incans instead.

As for the other Civs, I would be glad so see the Spanish, Vikings, Zulu, Austrians, Byzantines, Sumerians, Carthaginians, Celts, Maya, Mughals, Huns, Bulgarians/Thracians, Belgian/Flemish, Assyrians, Saracens, Italians, Sioux and Holy Romans added at some point, provided the designers can give them interesting enough traits and unique features. Vikings especially, as the Songhai seem to posses the traits I would have given them. (more gold from pillaging and bonus to Embarked units)

In all seriousness, it would be fun to see some Indian/Chinese "splinter" Civs to show that these two cultural megaspheres weren't as monolithic as Westerners (and modern local nationalists) often think. Tibet, Manchu, Chola Civs plx! We could add an "Indus Valley" Civ, but we have to decipher their language first ("India" is Aryans + Indus Valley + A Few 1000 Years), so get on it Firaxis!

The Israelites: I would *LOVE* to have them included for once. Their ability should have something to do with the "Holy Land" thing. Maybe less c5unhappy: from Occupied/Puppeted Cities?

Making Israel's UA "Efficient Occupiers" might not be a very wise move on Firaxis' part... :eek:

Austria. One of the great powers up to 1914 and with quite a lot of history.

I'd have to agree with you on this one. Austria had a really great history, and I'd love to see this Civ in a game. Lots of potential for UU's and UA's.

Need some lovin' for the Viets. :p

For what it's worth, including the Huns makes about as much sense as including the Avars, the Khazars, the Hungarians, the Qypchaqs, the Saurometai, the Saka, the Yuezhi, and the Karakhitai, and a great deal less than the Manju, and it's annoying to have to read posts that suggest them.

I like to see more Natural Wonders because it's getting boring seeing always same in every game.

Somehow there are missing following places but they must be in the game...
Grand Canyon
Dead Sea
Uluru
Bialowieza Forest
Galapagos
Victorian Falls
Matterhorn

Manchuria... Random thoughts:

UA: Conquerors, half extra :mad: for Occupied Population, no extra :mad: for Occupied Cities. It would be fun to encourage some actual conquering of more developed civilizations, as opposed to the current standard of puppet + raze/replace...

UU 1: Jurchen Horse Team (Knight), disciplined and good at coordinated operations, so bonus to Flanking or something like the Discipline SP? Hard for the AI to use properly, though... Perhaps allow the defensive bonuses other mounted units never get?

UU 2: Qing Banner Cavalry (Lancers), always heals like in friendly territory (+3 IIRC?) and starts with Blitz. Hopefully makes this much maligned unit somewhat worthwhile.

I like to see more Natural Wonders because it's getting boring seeing always same in every game.

Somehow there are missing following places but they must be in the game...
Grand Canyon
Dead Sea
Uluru
Bialowieza Forest
Galapagos
Victorian Falls
Matterhorn

That's a good list!

Mount Rainier
Niagara Falls
Salar de Uyuni
Crater Lake
Great Rift Valley

Civilization: Brazil.

Leader: Emperor Pedro II.

Unique unit: Imperial Guard of Honor (A.K.A. Independence Dragoon or Dragão da Independência)

Besides the ones I voted for I would LOVE to see The Vandals or some old horde as well as possibly the Powhatan tribes and mayyyyyyyyyyyybe just maybe it'd be cool to see the Poles.

Other. If that's all there was, I wouldn't buy it. If there were other things included worth having (like religion) and I did buy it, I wouldn't care what other civs, if any, were added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom