1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[CIV 5 Issues] - The complete list

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by poncratias, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Krieger66

Krieger66 Lord of all things necro

I agree with you on alot of those issues: the military advisor can be very unhelpful to a civ v noob(like I was not too long ago) I had beaten someone who apparently could "wipe me off the face of the planet" in about 20 turns. The warmongering bs is just rediculous sometimes, especially when the enemy is the one who's pretty much conquered the continent. The ai is basically a barbarian with cities right now.:goodjob:

2. eldar

eldar ChiefTank

I don't see this one mentioned anywhere (though I've not read all 29 pages of this thread):

* When loading a game, you have to scroll to your last saved game. The last game isn't auto-populated. A 'Continue Last Game' main menu option would also be great.

3. Metal Bunny

Metal Bunny Chieftain

There is an option to disable unit animation, it's under advanced map settings and then somewhere down below where you find the 'one city challenge' and 'raging barbs' settings etc. I think.
    *edit*; sorry, I was mistaken, I only found a quick combat selection, not a no animation selection.
    Also, you can edit the name and customize your own civilization and cities and change the names, however, the edit button is small and obscure and you can't pick your own traits, if that is what you meant with customizing your own civ.

4. Armandeus

Armandeus Warlord

Please add:
    Graphics
    Roads/railroads do odd loop-the-loops at intersections. This needs to be cleaned up.
    Gameplay
    Is the road connection gold bonus in addition to the railroad connection production bonus? If so, I want both, and so sometimes I want parallel roads and railroads. It's not possible now, because they merge together into a squiggly mess.

5. atteSmythe

atteSmythe Warlord

Each tile is 'claimed' by only one city at a time. In the city view, with yield display off, you can see four types of tiles:
    • Those worked by the city
    • Those worked by neighboring cities
    • Claimed by your city
    • Claimed by other cities

The first two are obvious: Green worker is worked by you, switchy arrows are worked by your neighbor.

The next two are more subtle. Tiles claimed by the current city, but unworked, show their yield. Tiles claimed by a neighboring city, but unworked, do not show the yield. Clicking the assignment button on one of those (just once!) will seemingly do nothing. However, if you then click the city icon to reassign workers, you'll see the yield display work (toggling yield may also do this, I can't recall off hand).

Now...you'll still end up finding unemployed people from time to time, as they create a single hammer, which may be what your governor thinks you need.

6. atteSmythe

atteSmythe Warlord

Comments on the list:

• Clicking the column header again changes the sort order between asc and dsc
    • This happens when you click on the build icon instead of the name, it brings up the limited 'choose production' sidebar
    • The 'choose production' sidebar should be eliminated entirely. It's completely redundant with the regular city screen
    • Can do now

Also, the economy overview (F2) doesn't let you click to center on/enter cities.

I believe that Quickload was disabled with the patch. F12 doesn't do anything on my game any more.

• This was added
    • Isn't this what the hotfix was for?

7. LongJohnSilver

LongJohnSilver Chieftain

Hi folks!

first I have to say that you are doing a really good job here. Hope firaxis or someone will take notice of our list!

Here are a few more issues that I think are still missing:

Why cant you build airports anymore? Its not that I was keen on stacking more planes in one city but rather about transporting units to distant overseas colonies. Especially on huge maps it takes ages to send reinforcements to cities on other continents. The general problems about naval movement have already found entry to the list and dont have to be mentioned here again...

Planes can only change position within a certain range. If i.e. you have a city on a remote island somewhere, you may need a carrier to get a plane there. And you cant land in foreign cities either (even with open borders).

I also miss the air recon mission to clear up (enemy) territory. This option would be very useful, especially as paratroopers can only land on clear tiles.

Apart from that I think you already mentioned most of my complaints.
    Keep it up!

8. Krieger66

Krieger66 Lord of all things necro

I may be wrong but the plane range limit seems more like a balance thing to keep you from sending fighters instantly accross the globe like you could in civ IV. I do think it would be a good aesthetic change to let go out to double range in rebase, maybe? because they don't need to return to their starting point like they would on a bombing run or interception.

The airport thing is sortof the same, it seems a little OP, at least from my perspective. Does anyone else have anything to say about this:confused:

9. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

There are a lot of good, small detail fixes in this list, as well as some good bigger suggestions. Hopefully some of these get incorporated soon!

10. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Just did a quick update of the OP.

11. Civsassin

Civsassin Immortal

Some of these have been already mentioned, but I wanted to include them anyway:

1. I attempted a ranged attack with a catapult. The catapult had very littlle life left. Instead of making the attack, the catapult moved to the tile in front of it - directly next to the city. That tile happened to be occupied by a Longswordsman with nearly full life. The two occupied the same square and my Longswordsman acquired the health of the catapult. Hmmm...

2. The view likes to switch to activities that are occuring with one of my allied city states while critical things are happening in my terriotory. All I get is that a unit was killed alert or some such alert while the view never shifted to what was happening wiht my forces.

3. I met a civ that was on another continent, and it complained about my troops on its borders. The civ didn't have any cities on my continent, and I didn't have any cities or units on its continent. Very unusual.

4. AI units wiill often continue to heal within range of a cities defenses until they are killed.

Suggestion: don't allow AI units in auto explore to enter the borders of a city state that is not an ally. It seems like an easy fix that would give players a piece of mind when ordering a unit to auto explore.

12. Ymir9

Ymir9 Warlord

I got a bug in my last game where City State Influence decayed at double the normal rate for Standard Speed.
    None of my mods should have effected that however.

13. atteSmythe

atteSmythe Warlord

Had you attacked some city-states? As they grow more wary of you, your influence decays more quickly.

14. dkrussian

dkrussian Chieftain

Anyone else notice some hilarious things happening when you load saves?

For a start every load gives you a completely different result, but that can be put down to a random seed at work combined with the stupid way it loads the turn before then plays it out again.

But on top of this some seriously weird stuff happens.

Such as losing worker turns, set up artillery un-setting up, and my absolute favorite: An enemy horseman teleporting 3 tiles past a river and taking my trebuchet. I THINK what is happening is that it's still loading stuff as it already starts playing stuff. So sometimes, the movement rules don't load fully before stuff actually starts moving.

Also the reload seems to recalculate fractions (which I've noticed the game is terrible with), So a tech taking 1 turn at one load, will all of a sudden need an added scientist to take 1 turn on the next.

So anyone else notice this kind of weirdness? Or am I the only one to bow to the weakness of reloading my game often?

15. Ymir9

Ymir9 Warlord

Ah, I see. That would be it.
    It would sure be nice if the game elucidated that somewhere.
    (the way it's permanent is also kind of painful)
    Seems if you attack a city state twice your chances at a Diplomatic Victory are really shot. Might be a fair design move though.

16. atteSmythe

atteSmythe Warlord

Heh, I learned of it through practice as well. "Hey, why is my standing decreasing 1.5/tn? Ah, the downside to stealing workers..."

17. frenzyfol

frenzyfol Chieftain

When I click Choose production, the city screen I'm given does not present me with a build queue. Im forced to exit the city, click back on the city, buy something press back and then finally im at the queue..

queue should be always available.

18. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

There's a social policy that causes city state influence of your rivals to decay faster. Most likely one or two (or more) civs adopted that policy. This is why it happens later in the game.

19. K2DK

K2DK Chieftain

Also, switching back and forth between a lighted screen and a dark one, can cause headache. Please for the love of all that is holy get rid of the screen overlay. Why copy the worst feature of vista???

20. Kitteh

Kitteh Chieftain

There are way too many problems for Civ5. It makes the game seem unprofessional and makes it seem like it is still in beta section. They should have been able to see all of these problems when they were playing through the game before launch. Dear game designers, you have failed you're fan base.