Civ 5 Testers group ... AKA I HATE YOU GUYZ !!!

Not a repeat of RiFE, but Valkrionn has stated many times that he is planning a fantasy mod for Civ V, codenamed Eden.

Wow, now we have a codename? That name sound like Princess-rule breaking for me.

And Kael's standalone project fell through, unfortunately. He's actually talking about going back to modding for Civ V. Bright days are ahead!

Actually I think that is a very bad new. Now, for whatever he's gonna do, he would need to start from 0 (Mods for Civ5 for instance).

Actually, if you read this post, you'll see that he has a very positive attitude about it. He made some money, and got to keep the extensive game design document he created. He certainly feels regret at not being able to complete this project, but has plans to pursue it in the future. So, not exactly at square one.

And I meant that 'bright days' comment in regards to civ 5 mods. Obviously, I'm disappointed that the project fell through, but if Kael isn't moping, then neither will I!

Sorry, can't quote everyone correctly as I'm at school. :lol: I'll make this brief (should be preparing for a calculus test I have in... 40 minutes).

No, Rise from Erebus will not be ported to Civilization V. Nor will Erebus itself, at least at the hands of the RifE team; If Kael chooses to that's awesome, but we do not feel like it would be right to do without him.

The RifE team does have a project for CiV, named Eden. That is not a codename, but the actual name. :lol: Sjru, two things: Firstly, the Princess Rule is an FfH concept, and need not apply to Eden unless we choose to (though we do), and second, Eden does not mean fluffy bunnies and paradise. There is a good reason that name was chosen, that has to do with the setting developed. ;)

It is not just me planning it; The setting was developed by Grey Fox, and mechanics have been developed jointly by the team members. All of the RifE team that was in the beta, plus a few non-RifE team members, are involved in it. However, we cannot begin work until the SDK is released.

In the meantime, I am planning to develop a scenario based on the Nantucket-verse. Development will also continue for RifE.

/wild speculation
It'll probably be paradise the same way that Rapture was paradise in Bioshock.

No. :lol:

I'm kinda dissapointed noone is wondering about the Nantucket-verse scenario; Much more immediate than Eden at this point. :lol:

Hopefully not more immediate than RifE 1.31. I'm amazed you have time to think about multiple mods/scenarios, much less work on them, but I'm going to be really disappointed if RifE gets left behind.

Hopefully not more immediate than RifE 1.31. I'm amazed you have time to think about multiple mods/scenarios, much less work on them, but I'm going to be really disappointed if RifE gets left behind.

It won't be, no worries. This one will be done slowly, in spare time. It's not too large, just something to wet my teeth on. :p

well, I have to read Nantucket before speculating on the scenario.
I've some idea for the "thread" the book will follow, as I read many SF on those kind of lines, but the perticularities are always different from one book to the other.
and currently I'm reading the first emberverse series, I'll go to nantucket after that and bfore going to the second embervers series as it seems the 2 are linked and I'll miss some references if I don't read nantucket before.
I'll speculate on your "nantucket" scenario after :
1) reading nantucket.
2) buying cV ... and that will be in a long time as I have to buy a new computer ... and that will happen only if I become bored of RifE and WM and any other FFH modmod...

just something to wet my teeth on.

I had a friend who used to say that a lot. It was years before I happened to see him write it and realized he was saying/thinking "wet" rather than "whet"... Which I think you'll agree makes more sense.

When I pointed this out he told me it was a "mute point."

I had a friend who used to say that a lot. It was years before I happened to see him write it and realized he was saying/thinking "wet" rather than "whet"... Which I think you'll agree makes more sense.

For all intensive purposes, it's the same thing.

Actually, I always type whet first. :lol:

Then I go back and change it to wet, as it's the internet and I frankly do not expect people to know the word. Both can be used in the phrase, so whatever. :p

But it's the RifE forum, so you should expect us to know.

And was I the only one that caught the whole mute/moot point thing?

Top Bottom