1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ Accurate Maps

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Graphics modpacks' started by sukritact, May 12, 2011.

1. Nutty

Nutty Deity

Hm. Obviously I didn't look close enough. Why Belgium has become part of France I cannot say, but the country labelled "Belgien" is clearly the Netherlands.

I think if sukitract can't add the border, then at the least "Belgien" ought to be renamed "Niederlande."

2. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Actually, looking at the German map again, adding a border should be simple enough. I was thinking of the other maps where such a thing wouldn't be worth the effort. Anyone know where I can get a map that's accurate for the era?

3. Homusubi

Homusubi Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe

Isn't "Kyoto" on that Japan map actually the location of Osaka? Kyoto is further north.

4. sukritact

I've fixed the Netherlands (though I've yet to upload it), Korea and Japan are on my to-fix list, and in response to Belgium annexing the Netherlands, I've made this.

If someone could confirm it's ok and provide a translation I'll upload the translated version.

5. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

Later when the Brave New World is released, I will help you in the Gajah Mada's Majapahit if you'd like :) I'm Indonesian.

6. sukritact

That would be excellent, thank you!

We actually already have the Indonesia map, so if you could give me the translations, that would be awesome!:
    Spoiler :

7. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Hivemind? :D

8. sukritact

I forgot you had a map of Prussia! :lol:

Also, would you be willing to translate Poland's map when we get BNW?

9. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

I almost forgot about it either :lol: I need to get back to making Civ 5 maps. In three weeks I'll be after my first year finals, and have a couple ideas for countries and civs I could do just for fun.

Sure thing! (and to correct any mistakes ;) ). From what we could see so far in Casimir's loading screen, the map features Poland in the time of his death in 1370. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/Polska_1333_-_1370.png

I've already made a map for Poland-Lithuania at its greatest extent in 1569, and have two in the works: the Second Republic (1918-1939) and one during the reign of Władysław II Jogaila featuring Lithuania (in personal union, 1385). The second one might represent in-game Poland better, since we've already seen Vilnius in the city list. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bb/Polska_1386_-_1434.png

10. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

You guys might want to be careful about working together, the world might explode from awesomeness.

11. sukritact

I've gotten some help from the language forums I frequent, so here's the translated German map. the text for "Gained at the end of the Seven Week's War" and "Annexed to the German Empire" was translated by me when he mentioned that the text was historically inaccurate, so I'll wait until I get confirmation that my text isn't absolute rubbish before I upload.

Spoiler :

12. sukritact

Added alternate German map, fixed the Netherlands, Austria and Japan

13. Homusubi

Homusubi Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe

Japan looks a lot more accurate now, thanks.

14. Arkymedes

Arkymedes Chieftain

If you guys need help for the Brazilian map when the time comes, just drop me a PM :)

15. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

Although the Celts speak Welsh in the game, Gaelic would make more sense. I don't speak it myself, but I know some people who do. If it's of any use, I'll see if I can get translations for you.

The Celts as a civilization makes about as much sense as the Vikings.

16. EulerMcE

EulerMcE Warlord

Why would Gaelic make any more sense than Welsh? Welsh is more spoken and more traceable to Boudica's language than any Gaelic language is. I don't think the Gaels had made any real settlement in Britain until centuries later, especially not the area focused on in the original map.

17. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

I don't really know, I just prefer it over Welsh. Also, the Celtic capital is Edinburgh, (I am aware of the fact that Gaelic and Gallic are different, although similar) and as the second city is Dublin it just appears to make more sense. I think I just generally prefer it, and I could get that translation quite easily.

18. Zipa_DH

Zipa_DH Zipa of Bacata

what about if you use the aymara alphabet for the incas?

Spoiler :

19. Harmakhis

Harmakhis Chieftain

This might be a stupid question: but how do you install these? If I unpack them into \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS the different parts will overwrite each other, no?

20. sukritact

You unpack them into that folder. Each mod should get it's own sub folder.