Civ Design Challenge III - Alternate History

Lol scapegrace, your UU actually exists!!!

Link

(Read the end of the first paragraph. :lol:)

Where did you think I got the name from? =]

Vikings because it means I need to do less research!

Also it gives me an excuse to create Vikings with actual horns on their helmets.

Agreed, Vikings for me - the influence of the Mongols is just far too enormous for me to imagine a world with even a slightly altered Mongol Empire.

Great job Scapegrace! You have won with 5 votes! Please P.M. me with your final idea for a scenario.

I will post the next challenge later tomorrow, but in the meantime please comment if you would rather do a scenario involving the Vikings or the Mongols?

I would personally like the Vikings but isnt it Scapes choice though? I just dont want this to be some kind of peer pressure that's all.

Scape's decision won't be broadcast on this Tournament Run (#2), but rather the next (#3). The winner decides not the next one, but the one after the next one.

Great job Scapegrace! You have won with 5 votes! Please P.M. me with your final idea for a scenario.

I will post the next challenge later tomorrow, but in the meantime please comment if you would rather do a scenario involving the Vikings or the Mongols?

Vikicanada plssssssss

(EZ PZ)

Vikings get my vote. As interesting as I find the Mongols, I... actually kinda know what I want to do for a Viking ATL. Hopefully it'll be okay. =]

Okay, first of all, please do not burn me at a stake. From the beginning, I was not going to ask you to make a Viking civ. I was just asking if you wanted to make colonization of the new world civ :p.

Also, I think almost everybody already has a colonial Viking civ idea already. I want you to think! :lol:

What if Zheng He had reached the Americas?​

Things to ponder:

Would other Asian powers have a part in this colonization?

How would the effect the First Peoples/Native Americans?

How would this effect European colonization?

How would this effect relations/prosperity back home in Asia?

Notes: (Please read)

You must have at least one Asian civilization have and American colony or make a dractic change in the Americas.

You must clearly state the date (or period) that your civ design takes place.

Have Fun!

I have a truly marvellous design for this prompt which this post is too narrow to contain. =]

I was just asking if you wanted to make colonization of the new world civ :p.

I'm not challenging the prompt here but you didn't even mention anything about new world colonization in your last post. You just asked us what group or civilization of the two you offered for an idea or scenario we prefered

Okay, first of all, please do not burn me at a stake. From the beginning, I was not going to ask you to make a Viking civ. I was just asking if you wanted to make colonization of the new world civ :p.

Consider it isn't even a choice, I think you're kind of deserve it, No offense :D

BTW, I personally have no problem with it because I didn't vote.

I'm not challenging the prompt here but you didn't even mention anything about new world colonization in your last post. You just asked us what group or civilization of the two you offered for an idea or scenario we prefered

I'm sorry that I lied... I really shouldn't have. I just wanted to have a scenario that not as many people talk about, while also including the new world. The Viking scenario was just going to be something like: what if the Vikings had kept on expanding south into the Americas? The more I though abou it, the more boring it seemed. As a compromise between something different and the Vikings, I decided upon Asian colonization. Again, sorry that I misled you all. :blush:

I totally agree with you there, very exciting scenario NiaoMeow and I think coming up with one we weren't expecting was a great way to level the playing field.

Dammit, this was similar to a prompt I was toying over and I still have nothing!

Welp, brainstorming time.

I'm sorry that I lied... I really shouldn't have. I just wanted to have a scenario that not as many people talk about, while also including the new world. The Viking scenario was just going to be something like: what if the Vikings had kept on expanding south into the Americas? The more I though abou it, the more boring it seemed. As a compromise between something different and the Vikings, I decided upon Asian colonization. Again, sorry that I misled you all. :blush:

You never played Crusader Kings 2, I presume. :) Nevermind, this can wait.

Spoiler :

Hmm, it's hard to come up with a reason for China to decide to colonize anywhere, let alone the Americas... At least I can say that it's Fusang :D

SUPER EDIT: CAN I MIX THIS + THE PREVIOUS IDEA AND MAKE CHINESE-AMERICANS FIGHTING VIKING-AMERICANS OVER A PILE OF DEAD AZTECS?

Throw in some Morisco-Incan Kingdom intervention for full on Alternate History goodness!

Also, INB4 Years of Rice and Salt.

Top Bottom