1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ Design Challenge III - Alternate History

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by NiaoMeow, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Uighur_Caesar

Uighur_Caesar Comandante en Jefe

GG

/5char

2. Scapegrace

Scapegrace Obvious Spambot

ggwp =]

3. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

I'm gonna take these as compliments. Apologies one and all for the massive wall of text at any rate; I spend so much time writing essays these days that the chance to write one strictly for 'fun' obviously appealed to me a lot more than I thought it would. :lol:

4. Scapegrace

Of course they're compliments. I for one am not topping that any time soon.

5. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

Meh, the hardest bit was the formatting to be honest and thats not particularly impressive, just time consuming! Thanks a million anyway though! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit proud of it - I've never even really thought about alternate history until now so I'm pretty happy with everything, excited for next week now, got a reliable format :lol:

6. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

While I still don't like the design for this civ, it's time for me to let it go :|

Richu Dynasty

Spoiler :
    Xiangrikui - Raven of Fusang
    When war ends, gain Production across the empire based on the total amount of Experience generated during it. Units gain extra Experience upon defeating a type of unit they never faced before, and have extra Combat Strength based on their level.

Sunflower Oathbound (Musketman)
    Cannot be fully defeated unless at level 1; rather than dying, it loses one level, most promotions, and suffer further debuffs on enemy turns, but stay alive. When outnumbered by the enemy and ordered to disband, deals damage to all of them.

Imperial Prefecture (Courthouse)
    +20% Production towards Wonders, and generates happiness if the city has one. Gain Production towards Imperial Prefectures in conquered cities whenever a Wonder is built in the empire.

7. GPuzzle

GPuzzle Available in wax cylinder!

Turn off the lights, lock the doors... these two handed our asses to us on a silver platter.

8. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

Hot damn that was great - the game has really been raised today. An incredible write up, handmade maps and an infographic? Awesome, might have to step my own game up now too... I'm pretty sure this is how nuclear wars start though, serial escalation :lol:

9. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

I feel really inadequate now.

10. SULOMON

SULOMON Mod Civs Best Civs.

Ditto.

11. bouncymischa

bouncymischa Synthetic Genie

To be honest, though, I enjoy reading everyone's submissions. I don't know enough about history to really be able to contribute, but seeing everyone's take on how history could have changed is quite cool. Sure, some may be more polished than others, but each of the submissions is unique and interesting in their own way!

12. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

It took me about 2 hours(after which I had to do homework!!!!:cry:) to finish my design, and the story looks.... So poor. You guys should really post your stories somewhere, they're amazing.

@Tarcisio: please make a civ out of your design!!! Its totally awesome...

(Oops)

13. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

Well, I had a bit of headache yesterday while writing this and didn't write vivid story about how Date Clan reign supreme, how Castille turn protestant and not united with Aragon and how the Dutch being in America.

I am not really talented in writing, but I can surely do some good art but I don't want to turn this thread into artist' arms race. Who got flashier art win or something like that.

Note that I won't back off if it turn into artist' war.

14. Scapegrace

We already turned it into a lore war, hun. This is just one step further. A well-presented idea is always going to be more attractive than one that isn't as nicely put together. =]

EDIT: Also, can I just say: given the incredible quality of submissions for this challenge, I cannot wait to see what y'all do for my prompt. =]

15. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

Oh I'm excited for that, what kind of thing is it going to be? Speaking of next time, when does voting start?

16. Scapegrace

It's me. Guess what it involves. =]

(begin a golden age every time you use the smiley =] )

17. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Redbreasts Africa?

18. Scapegrace

So, er, paging NiaoMeow? I think it's time to begin the voting phase.

19. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige Chieftain

Urdnot, your crazy Sino-Nahua Civ is really making me eager to actually see that made, between that and Caesar's Japanese-influenced Aztec Empire. Hot damn, indeed.

EDIT: Also Crazy three-legged Raven Civ...I actually want to see what a Sunflower Oathbound would look like.

20. NiaoMeow

NiaoMeow Ximicacan? XIMICACAN?

Voting begins tomorrow, as the civ design phase is 5 days (and we started on Saturday). This may seem long, but some civs ("cough" scapegrace "cough") will require a lot of research and creativity.