Civ design challenge

Here's my thing:

Leader: Guaman

Trait: Warriors of the Clouds
Cities regenerate Clouds (Fog of War), and if unseen by all players, defensive buildings yield :c5faith: Faith and :c5food: Food. Enemies adjacent to cities have their Sight reduced, and they become weaker the less they see.

Unique Improvement: Purunmachu
Built on Hills without removing features, unlocked at Masonry and yields +2 :c5faith: Faith. The Purunmachu takes Sight from enemies up to two tiles away; if they can’t see at all, they also can’t heal.

Unique Warrior: Condor
Faster if unseen at the start of the turn, and regain :c5moves: Movement upon killing an enemy; if the turn ends with the Condor unseen again, he gains XP and Health. Retain this ability on upgrade.

Huh. Well, Its definitely harder than the usual challenges

The Chachapoya

UA: Defenders of the clouds
Cities on top of hills have extra vision and receive +1 :c5culture: culture and :c5food: food from tiles providing more than 50% :c5strength: defensive terrain bonus, doubled if connected to the :c5capital: capital. During :c5war: wars, local city :c5happy: happiness is added to all other yields (except :tourism: tourism).

UI: Purunmachus
Unlocked at Masonry. May be built on hills, never adjacent to each other. May be built on top of Jungles\ forests. +1 :c5faith: Faith and :c5culture: culture if a unit is stationed on it, and +1 :c5faith: faith during :c5war: wars. For 5 turns after a unit is killed, its bonus yield becomes its base yield (may stack).

UU: Conscript militia
Weaker(20 :c5strength:) than the longswordsman which it replaces. In addition to not requiring iron, a maintenance free copy of this unit will spawn for the duration of :c5war: wars in every city you own. Generates +1 :c5happy: happiness when garrisoned.

boringgggg as usual. My creativity is limited to 2 interesting minus designs per week, sorry.

Chachapoya Civilization
Capital: :c5capital:Kuelap

UA: Cloud-Jungle Warriors

Land Units trained in cities on hill or next to a mountain gain Altitude Training, while Air unit gain Evasion Promotion. Jungle tiles in your territory slowly increased the operating range of Air units and land :trade:trade routes length.

UU: Decorated Axeman
Replacement of Swordsman unique to the Chachapoya with Woodsman Promotion. When killed in battle, they transfer 20% of their production cost towards training a melee unit.

UB: Quipu School
Replacement for the Library that had additional 2+:c5production: Production on top of its regular benefits. Withhold 34% of your :c5science: science that normally would be transferred during :trade:trade routes to another civilization. This number is lessened if the other civilization are friendly, or increased if they are hostile towards you.

Spoiler :
If they are called the Warriors of the Cloud, why not take it literally by giving them air units bonuses guys? :)

I actually made a Chachapoya design a real long time ago so here's a redone version of it.

UA:Warriors of the Clouds- All units have the woodsman promotion. Jungle and forest tiles in Chachapoyan borders or are adjacent become cloud forests. Walls and castles speed up unit production.

UU:Chachapoyan Warrior- Replaces warrior. Is 33% more effective in forests or jungle (stays on upgrade).

UB: Burial Cliff- Replaces monument. Is 20% more expensive to build but it yields +1 culture :c5culture: and +1 faith :c5faith: and another +1 culture :c5culture: and +1 faith :c5faith: every time a unit that was built in this city dies (Maximum yield +4 culture :c5culture: and +4 faith :c5faith:).

Spoiler :

Cloud forests reduce the sight of nonchachapoyan units to one and any nonchachapoyan units entering or are in a cloud forest have a 33% chance to get lost reducing their movement to zero. Nonchachapoyan units in cloud forests don't have a rough terrain bonus and have a 25% combat penalty. Units with the woodsman promotion are unaffected in cloud forest regardless of civilization and combat bonuses relating to jungle or forest also apply in cloud forests.

I want to play this

What?

Also, here's mine:

The Chachapoya, as led by Apu Huachuri Chachapoya (?)

Unique Ability: Woodsmen in the Clouds
Jungle tiles in Chachapoyan territory turn into Cloud Forest tiles (base yield 2 food :c5food: , 2 production :c5production:. Double movement in Cloud Forest tiles and half cost for tile maintenance in Cloud Forest. Cloud Forest tiles deal attrition damge to enemy units in it.

Unique Improvement: Purunmachu
The Purunmachu is the Unique Improvement of the Chachapoyan civilisation. Unlocked at Masonry. May only be built on Hills. +1 production :c5production: and +1 culture :c5culture:. +1 culture :c5culture: every time a unit on this tile kills another unit (up to a maximum of +3 culture :c5culture:. Pillaged Purunmachus provide half their culture.

Unique Improvement #2: Kuelap Fortress
The Kuelap Fortress is the second Unique Improvement of the Chachapoyan civilisation. Unlocked at Bronze Working. +25% Defensive Strength for friendly units on this tile. +2 culture :c5culture: and +1 culture :c5culture: every time a unit on this tile gets killed. Pillaged Kuelap Fortresses provide half their culture.

Also, tarcisiocm, your Condor is OP. Since the Condor's recieve XP ability works in peacetime, it can get loads of XP early-game. In fact, an upgraded Condor could still make lots of XP mid and late-game. Maybe make it so that it only works in wartime?

Hmmm... Quite an interesting thing going on there...

Also, tarcisiocm, your Condor is OP. Since the Condor's recieve XP ability works in peacetime, it can get loads of XP early-game. In fact, an upgraded Condor could still make lots of XP mid and late-game. Maybe make it so that it only works in wartime?
what? he only gets xp and health when he kills an enemy and disappears from everyone's view lol

Yeah, but that also applies to barbs.

Yeah, but that also applies to barbs.
That isn't valid either, to begin with, because I never said how much XP you gain. Gaining one single extra XP for KILLING a barbarian isn't OP whatsoever. Then there's the fact that you still need to put effort to hunt down and kill barbarians on the map, or wait them to spawn; either way, you already can gain XP for doing this in the vanilla game.

Oh wait, does it only work when he kills someone? I thought it worked at the end of every turn, provided he's unseen.

And yes, someone should make your design into a mod, tarcisiocm.

Spoiler :
If they are called the Warriors of the Cloud, why not take it literally by giving them air units bonuses guys? :)

Oh wait, does it only work when he kills someone? I thought it worked at the end of every turn, provided he's unseen.

And yes, someone should make your design into a mod, tarcisiocm.

1. Cause its unrelated. :p
2. I'm pretty sure he's capeavle of doing that himself. In fact, he does that all the time.

:p:p:p

What?

Also, here's mine:

Quite like what you did with the cloud forests idea, better than mine.

Definitely Tarcisio's!

Also my first vote for a challenge! :D
Question: Does somebody add these to a design pool for possible Civilizations and is open-for-grabs or is there a 'designated' modder for them?

Top Bottom