1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CIV Gold 4.0 Unique Buildings Help Wanted!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by Shqype, May 2, 2007.

1. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

Czechoslovakia's some kind of Recycling Center: No :yuck: from buildings and a flat Hammer bonus?

2. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

For Czechoslovakia how about Prague Castle? even though it is no longer the largest castle in the world, it is the largest ancient castle. (dating back to 870)

i don't know what could make it so special though.

3. datlowen

datlowen Chieftain

My objection to this is that there's nothing particularly noteworthy about Czechoslovak airports or recycling centers. Prague's airport is pretty small, frankly, and recycling technology isn't any more impressive than anywhere else in the developed world. The UBs, I feel, should be representative of what makes the "empire"...well, unique.

If you want to keep it modern, you could maybe so an updated broadcast tower, perhaps. (Additional cultural bonus? Cheaper to build? Both?) This could represent their technical achievements in the '20s and '30s, as well as their extremely modern film industry today.

4. purplexus

purplexus Prince

I agree 100% with ya

5. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Updated broadcast tower sounds good to me! How about:

+2 happiness from hit musicals, hit singles, hit movies
    150 cost (instead of 175)

EDIT: The XML does not allow for a single commerce/wealth addition based upon resources.

6. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

'Visilat' is Czech for 'broadcast'.'Vez' is Czech for 'tower'.

'Vez Visilat' might work.

7. BORNAparte

BORNAparte Chieftain

Hi, the special Broadcast tower as a unique Czechoslovak building is a pretty good idea.
    "Vysilat" is Czech for to broadcast (verb); broadcast (adjective) is "vysilaci". And the "broadcast tower" in Czech is "Vysilaci vez" or simply "Vysilac" (with Czech diacritic "Vysílací věž" or "Vysílač").
    Really beautiful Czech "Vysilac" is one on the Jested mountain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jested .

8. Yanez

Yanez Chieftain

So did you decide what the copperworks for Chile will do?

9. porto_alegre_xP

porto_alegre_xP Warworld, not Warlord :p

Maloca for tupi??? are you crazy? O.O
    maloca is the same thing as favela... do you know favela? rio de janeiro? :crazyeye:
    what about Oca? ;)

10. ewu.7waker

ewu.7waker Benin Monarch

well for juju hall you can either be thinking of the music or the magic. if it's the magic, it commonly looks like kind of like a market stall without all the clutter and shelves, and counters. usually made of natural materials like wood or stone. It's really spritual looking and make sure to use a lot of the colour red. and there's usually a ton of random spritual and sometimes scary looking objects in it. that's the traditional juju place anyways.

11. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

I was thinking of the music, but the magic isn't a bad idea.

12. Fierabras

Fierabras Emperor

That was my suggestion, but I cannot judge if I'm crazy :crazyeye:

From Wikipedia about the Yanomani:

We have already included the shabono for the Yanomami, so we had to come up with a unique building for the Tupi, which is quite hard considering the Tupi are not really that much into building.

I was not aware of the connotation of the term Maloca. I am definitely not an expert on South America.

I only know Oca as the vegetable. Can you tell me which building Oca could replace?

Copperworks:
    - replaces Factory
    - +10% :gold: with Copper

13. Kao'chai

Kao'chai Newbie in Modding

I think it should give + 1 :health: or + 1 :food:

Maybe stores 60%-75% of food after growth , because it'll be a disadvantage if you have those resources .

14. jmm

jmm Chieftain

This one is a bit of a stinker if you don't have access to copper. I think it could be changed to

Copperworks:
    - replaces Factory
    - +30% hammers (+60% with power)
    - +5% :gold: with Copper

or

Copperworks:
    - replaces Factory
    - Adds a # of copper sources in random city tiles, one per city. #Civs/4 new sources (Python event triggered with Assembly Line, maybe?)
    - +5% :gold:, +10% :gold: with copper in the city radius

Also, both Tillikum and Olmecs have the "same" UB with the same bonus

Maybe changing the bonuses a bit

Olmecs: Stone Heads
    replaces Monument, gives 2 culture, 3 culture with stone (with stone they can produce more or better Stone Heads :))

Tillikum (Haida): Totem Pole
    replaces Monument, can turn one citizen into an artist (From Wikipedia: The Haida people are well known as skilled artisans of wood, metal and design)

15. jmm

jmm Chieftain

Kanem-Bornu ...
    Idris Aluma (Bornu Empire)
    He sponsored the construction of numerous mosques and made a pilgrimage to Mecca, where he arranged for the establishment of a hostel to be used by pilgrims from his empire
    Hostel replaces market, +10% :culture: (pilgrims brings :gold: too)

or
    Aluma is remembered for his military skills, administrative reforms, and Islamic piety. His main adversaries were the Hausa to the west, the Tuareg and Toubou to the north, and the Bulala to the east. One epic poem extols his victories in 330 wars and more than 1,000 battles
    Barracks, +1 GG