CIV Gold!

Ronald Reagan said:
Can all the civs from your mod plus all the standard ones be used in a single game? What is the maximum number of civs one can simultaneously have in a match?

Yes, and 18.

Civs worth considering for future updates: Israel, Hungary, Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Switzerland, Sweden, Serbia, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia.

Most of these have been identified for future releases.

Shablul said:
1) Why do you have the Iroquois leaders standing in the Plains in front of buffalo, in one case. The Iroquois lived on the forests of the eastern United States and Canada.

Very true. The short story is that we didn't get around to doing that. We'll address it in a future release.

2) What is that music you've chosen for Nebuchadrezzar (who looks like a drag queen just before she puts on her wig)? It doesn't sound very Assyrian or Babylonian to me.

I'll have to go back and give it a listen. I'm not sure - Sevo assembled the music.

Simply amazing work guys! :goodjob: Thanks a lot!

Like someone else said, it doesn't feel like paying 50-60$ for an expansion pack when this community can produce equal if not better material than Firaxis. Simply amazing work, truly enjoyable and greatly appreciated!

Plus, I get to beat Trudeau's ass! What's not to love? :D

Given that 1.61 is now out, we'll be updating CIV Gold to accommodate this, and to address a few small issues.
I was just checking in to see if there were any significant issues with the new patch. Is there anything major or just small stuff like game balance changes?

Thanks for the great mod.

Hi everybody...

sorry if i didn't appear for a long time, but i started to work and i had problem with my internet connection and a lot of others problem....

I'm glad to see that this project appear.

I just wanted to know if Maria and Franz from austria and Vercingetorix were some of the LH I made?
Did you took the music i used for celts and scotland?

just wanted to know...before i DL this mod when 1.61 compatible

anyway, great job.

PS: as you can guess, i really have not so much time anymore to do mods, but i have seen someone took back Superciv, so everybody is happy!!!

LAnkou said:
I just wanted to know if Maria and Franz from austria and Vercingetorix were some of the LH I made?
Did you took the music i used for celts and scotland?

Yes they are! They were so good I thought they deserved inclusion in the mod. I made some more changes to them for my mod sevomod (background, etc.), but we really should have credited you--that's my fault, I forgot to mention it to the other guys. I honestly have no idea where the musical selections came from at this point. I collected everything I had, spent a few days downloading everything else I could find, then sorted through the rubble and took what was best, so the music may well have come from your mod. If the music was yours to begin with we'll happily credit that to you!

The current Civ 1.6 doesn't properly display leaderheads at this point--I've already figured out the problem and we'll be uploading a 1.6 compatible patch shortly, as Wyz_sub10 mentioned!

I cant unzip the file :( :cry:

Nuclear kid said:
I cant unzip the file :( :cry:
There are 2 links in the first post for 2 programs to extract the .7z file: [EDIT] WinRAR and 7-Zip.

How does one go about updating civGold, for when the patch friendly civGold is finished?

Fantastic work! Thanks.

Some of my leaders are looking a little weird now that I've installed patch 1.61 (or whatever little number the new one is). There eyes have gone white and are a little disturbing to look at. Other than that, all is well. Thanks for the great piece of work :)

PS - Like my new avatar?

:king: Peace

I’ve also noticed a few problems since the new patch came out, whenever I load the mod the following errors pop up.

XML Error:
Tag: TECH_COMMUNISM in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is: Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml

XML Error:
Tag: BUILDINGCLASS_FORBIDDEN_PALACE in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is: Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml

XML Error:
Tag: BUILDINGCLASS_THREEGORGESDAM in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is: Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml

Anyway I don’t know what sort of errors those are or if anyone else has them, since the game still plays fine…anyway FYI

no needs for credits, just wanted to know if my work was good enough to be included, that's all. simple self-satisfaction.

For all errors - we will be releasing an update, but I'm going away for a much-needed mini-vacation (back Monday night) so I'd ask you to sit tight please.

Sevo's already created a fix for the Leaderheads.

The COMMUNISM/FORBIDDEN PALACE changes are due to Firaxis changing the text keys for when they sell the game in China.

We'll address these in the update. Sorry for the delay, but they patch was just "there" all of a sudden and I sure as hell ain't cancelling my weekend in Banff. :)

Keep in mind we were already updating some things, now we have to update our update.

CIV Gold will be fixed and better than before ... and plans are already undersay for CIV Gold 2.0 to add even more well-made civilizations to the mix!

Ideas for improvements are still welcome.

PS- Wyz_sub10: Happy Easter and have a great vacation :)

What about a Canada themed wonder called the NHL, you could have an animation with various famous hockey images flying by like the Rocket Richard, Gordy Howe, Gretzky, players hoisting the Cup, the logos of the teams, then zoom out to reveal the Stanley Cup, all set to the hockey night in Canada theme music.

Top Bottom