• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ IV available in shops in Germany

Yeah, the notion about console games was also one of my first. Never had a game which would crash at all.

Still got Civ2 on my hard disk, with a game as the Russians running right now. If nothing else works, I'll wait for the first patch and stick to this Oldtimer till then. At least this one runs.
Lousy translation, though. Civ2, that is ...

Try and run a scandisk on your harddrive and maybe defrag HD if it didnt help.

I've called many shops in france. It's still due on th 4th of november, very sadly...

@ BeefBayford:

Athlon 2400 XP
512 RAM
GeForce 6600
Windows XP Home Edition SP1 (had installed SP2 once, too much flaws)
DirectX 9.0c

Nearly tried to click the install there for a second.

Congrats to you. Hopefully I'll join you in about a week or so.

Stilgar08 said:
I sent an e-mail to PC-fun via their contact sheet and got this reply:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

It's German, so for you non-German folks: He states he has it their in his store and can send it immediately!!!

I know I COULD have made this up, but trust me, I didn't!! :eek: I can forward the mail, if you don't believe me (just pm me...)

HAVE TO FIND A SHOP IN HAMBURG, who has it?? Any Germans from Hamburg here who have a clue????

i live in Hamburg... i could take my bike and ride to the next store, i only live 10 min from the inner city and the whether is .... nice ? (wait a minute, what's going on here?)... maybe i will... maybe not.... i don't know yet :crazyeye: ... depends on what you offer, mmuuuaaahahahaha :D
just kidding...

edit: the best bet would probably be SATURN or Karstadt in Mönckebergstraße close to the Hauptbahnhof.

two smaller shops specialized in computer and console games:

Game Castle
(040) 331623
Kurze Mühren 4, 20095 Hamburg ----> this one's only 2 min footwalk from saturn

Spiele-Netzwerk
(040) 45038210
Kleiner Schäferkamp 24, 20357 Hamburg

you should call them before, number see above... (i would but i don't have time to play until in a few weeks, anyway...)

The Germans got it before the US? :wow:

Lucy, you got some 'splaining to do...

woohoo, congratulations man, your No1 if i am not wrong...Germans speaking countries beat the rest, who would have thought of this twist

rchddap said:
Nearly tried to click the install there for a second.

Congrats to you. Hopefully I'll join you in about a week or so.

nearly??..i still am trying to click it
come on...work damn you lol

Does it run?? Does it run??? Can you play? Can you play?? :drool: :drool:

vStauffenberg said:
i live in Hamburg... i could take my bike and ride to the next store, i only live 10 min from the inner city and the whether is .... nice ? (wait a minute, what's going on here?)... maybe i will... maybe not.... i don't know yet ... depends on what you offer, mmuuuaaahahahaha
just kidding

I hate you! :joke:

Let me know if they have it... Otherwise I have to order before 4p.m. to get it TOMORROW!!!! :woohoo: :beer: :cool: :beer:

And to think that I ordered it from Play.Com in the UK...

If I can find it here, I'll have to cancel that order.

yepp,its definetely out in germany...i just bought mine at media markt (which is a shop like bestbuy in the us)...im gonna install now :)

Stilgar08 said:
Does it run?? Does it run??? Can you play? Can you play?? :drool: :drool:

I hate you! :joke:

Let me know if they have it... Otherwise I have to order before 4p.m. to get it TOMORROW!!!! :woohoo: :beer: :cool: :beer:

i'm sorry i'd really go and check but i seriously don't have time :cry: (really should be getting back to writing now).

why don't you just call the stores and ask if they have it? here are some numbers:

Media Markt Hamburg-Altona
Paul-Nevermann-Platz 15
22765 Hamburg
Tel.: 040/28802-0

Game Castle
(040) 331623
Kurze Mühren 4, 20095 Hamburg

Spiele-Netzwerk
(040) 45038210
Kleiner Schäferkamp 24, 20357 Hamburg

edit: Olli1980 has obviously done it already, congratulations!

Olli1980 said:
yepp,its definetely out in germany...i just bought mine at media markt (which is a shop like bestbuy in the us)...im gonna install now :)

Whoo-hoo! Then there's a chance the one in Aachen has it as well!

:woohoo: I will go to Game Castle after work! (just reserved a few copies (for me and two friends!!!) :woohoo: Awesome!!!

Thanks, folks!!

(Special thanks to Stauffenberg: I didn't know this shop! :) )

fyi: Media Markt Altona knows nothing about the pre-dating of Civ4!

Top Bottom