Civ IV: Beyond the Sword Info Center

picked up my copy yesterday at Best Buy...grabbed it off the rolly cart the stock guy was taking to the shelves. I have a pretty slow system, but BTS is running faster for me than Warlords ever did. Really like the advanced start option. Haven't had time to try out the MODS yet tho. If ur still on the fence about getting it...definately worth the $30 US.

try tommorow or ask the person to look in the back. maybe the . .. .. .. .. .. .es haven't unloaded the stuff because they are too busy eating twinkies
You nailed their personality. As I said else where I asked a guy if they had it and what's he do, he mumbles and tells you what you already know, where the games are on the shelf. [pissed]

Hey I got a new favorite smily! Was :cry: now it's [pissed].

Went to Best Buy at 23rd and 6th and they did not have it... had 14 on order and still had not received its first shipment... was told NoHo store (Broadway and Lafayette) had 5 and went there and had 4 left and finally got it! :D

Also, at 3:00pm today J&R Music World got a large shipment for those looking in Lower Manhattan.

so the movies work better. is that way better or are they still weird. my wonder movies arent chopy its just dont stay normal throughout. can you give me your system specs so i can compare mine, so i know what to excpect.:goodjob:

Sorry it took so long, but I had to get back to my home computer and refresh my memory on my specs. I bought the computer 2.5 years ago as I was going back to grad school, so gaming specs weren't so much in mind at the time (silly me!). So, here are my specs (at least the most relevant ones--if I'm missing something, let me know):

IBM Thinkpad R51, Intel Centrino Pentium M. 1.6 Ghz, 512 MB RAM. Video is ATI Mobility Radeon 7500.

I couldn't actually run Civ4 all that well until after the first patch (at least not if I wanted to see everything) 'cause of the blacked out sections. It got better, but I wasn't able to see animals until now and the wonder videos were all herky-jerky but they are much smoother now (or at least the first couple were smoother--I have yet to finish a game). My hard drive is almost maxed out (~30GB--I've got less than 10% left, after uninstalling Civ3), so I clearly need to find myself either a portable hard drive for music/videos or a cheap media laptop (maybe a refurb) for Civ so I can keep this thing for school, as I can't afford a whole nice new system at this point. But I'll get by, somehow!

Sorry it took so long, but I had to get back to my home computer and refresh my memory on my specs. I bought the computer 2.5 years ago as I was going back to grad school, so gaming specs weren't so much in mind at the time (silly me!). So, here are my specs (at least the most relevant ones--if I'm missing something, let me know):

IBM Thinkpad R51, Intel Centrino Pentium M. 1.6 Ghz, 512 MB RAM. Video is ATI Mobility Radeon 7500.

I couldn't actually run Civ4 all that well until after the first patch (at least not if I wanted to see everything) 'cause of the blacked out sections. It got better, but I wasn't able to see animals until now and the wonder videos were all herky-jerky but they are much smoother now (or at least the first couple were smoother--I have yet to finish a game). My hard drive is almost maxed out (~30GB--I've got less than 10% left, after uninstalling Civ3), so I clearly need to find myself either a portable hard drive for music/videos or a cheap media laptop (maybe a refurb) for Civ so I can keep this thing for school, as I can't afford a whole nice new system at this point. But I'll get by, somehow!

thanks but ive gotten the game and ive seen that its way better than civ 4 vanila performance, visual and gameplay wise. thanks again. my computer compares like crap to yours but the game is working pretty well.

I got it at a Gamestop/EB Games (Washington, US). Tried target, bypassed wallmart (even though I was some 60 yards from it), tried a second target, and then went to Gamestop/EB and they volunteered to call around before I could even ask. Two shops were sold out and the one at the Alderwood Mall had one left. Got it reserved, fought traffic and got it! On release day they had presold all of their copies. Lucky for me and a few others, EB has 'game' and is on the ball. They made sure to order more ASAP and they have multiple shipments each week. I bought the last of their 'second batch' but they said more are already on the way :smug: EB seems to be a good place to buy games. They've gotten my attention. I even went and finally bought the Diablo II BattleChest since I was so pleased at EBs service :)

Went to GAME (Leeds, UK) yesterday because I've got the blues from what I normally play (not mentioning it but not hard to guess) and saw BtS for sale.

Bought it and so glad I did. So anyway, it's out and available in Europe.

I picked up the game a few days ago and the only thing I've done is play the Final Frontier mod. The more I play it, the more I enjoy it. I haven't even cranked up the regular BTS Civ game yet!

Pardon my asking, but is there some way to manually call up the Apolstolic Palace? All I'm getting is periodic votes to elect the leader, which I always win. Where are all my nifty resolutions?

Playable Civs

• Europe
    • East Balkans
    • Finland
    • France
    • Germany
    • Italy
    • Norway
    • SPoland
    • United Kingdom
    • United States
    • USSR
  • Pacific
    • Australia
    • China
    • Dutch East Indies
    • Japan
    • Philippines
    • Siam
    • United Kingdom
    • USA
    • Xinxiang

• I always wanted to play as Spoland! :goodjob:

I always wanted to play as Spoland! :goodjob:

yeah i wanted to play as yugoslavia which is western balkans but the leader should be Tito and not King Peter II. They should also have a special unit or does this happen later as it says things will automatically happen. so when germany takes over the balkans will Tito become the leader of Yugoslavia or what??

I hate living in the middle of no where. I went to the nearest cityu and checked every store that carriers PC games (and some that didn't) and not one of them had BtS. [pissed]

Top Bottom