1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Putmalk, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

Thanks. :D

Yup, as long as they don't up and steal my work without crediting, they may use the mod in their mod if they so choose to.

2. lolcat

lolcat Chieftain

So basically, I've grown a lot in this game since I've started out, and I've realised that as nice as GEM and Nights are, there's nothing wrong for me besides some ai and diplo issues.

And here's something I've been thinking about and wanted to see your opinion on:

Threats / Ultimatums,
    "It's them or me"

For instance, this epic marathon game I'm currently playing, friends with Polynesia, and then I meet Arabia, I like Arabia, Polynesia doesn't.

To the Polynesia AI it clearly thinks that it's a choice between Rome and Arabia (they're at war), but I would like a way to say "It's either me and Arabia, or Rome"

End result if they agreed is they drop their complaints about Arabia, becoming Neutral/friends, or they choose Rome and agreements between us are broken.

I know I said only one idea but..
    Any chance to implement a way to directly barter Diplo modifiers?

Eg Spain "Believes you are settling new cities too aggresively", I could be like, "500g, how abouts we let that go?"
    Also useful with allies i've asked not to settle next to me, wish there was a way to barter and say "look, if you don't settle near me, I'll XYZ"

Either way, loving your mod, total compatability with CivWillard, PerfectWorld.3, Throne Room, InfoAddict v19, and RED mods.

Keep up the good work + gl with your studies!

3. NamesAreStupid

NamesAreStupid Chieftain

Any way to make this compatible with WHoward's mod since both mods use the vGameCore_Expansion1.dll? He suggested merging them manually in c++ but I have no idea how to do that.

4. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

Compatibility will have to be worked out between me and whoward and I haven't been approached about doing that, and I won't be in the near future until at least after BNW comes out, during the layover period before we receive the DLL.

lolcat, maybe I can add a feature for ultimatums, but as any other suggestion, I won't promise anything.

5. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

Sneak peek of version 5!

6. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

7. Acoustic

Acoustic Warlord

When will we see Version 5? :O

Also, how many more "big" updates will we see in the near future? I intend on trying to merge 34 civ dll, and this one but I don't want to have to constantly update them lol.

8. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

Version 5 is already out. I'm working on Version 6.

It generally isn't a good idea to start merging until I'm officially done updating the mod.

That being said, it's heavily looking like Version 6 will be the last update until BNW comes out. After I'm done with 6, I'm most likely going to port over to Vanilla, get a working Vanilla version out, and then port over to BNW when that source comes out.

9. Acoustic

Acoustic Warlord

Sounds good, V 6 gonna be out soon or is it just a "when its done"?

10. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

Always and absolutely "when it's done".

And this version is *huge*. It only has one feature, but that feature is delicate (if you haven't guessed what it is already, you'll understand why when you see it). Bugs are prone to happen, and they must be squashed or they'll ruin saves.

11. Acoustic

Acoustic Warlord

I believe ya man, everything included in this mod is huge ha. I'll keep an eye on it for sure.

12. Acoustic

Acoustic Warlord

and I take it that feature is vassal states? lol

13. Omega_Kabob

Omega_Kabob Chieftain

Hi! I downloaded this mod when you submitted it to reddit, and tried it out. Although I've never played Civ IV, the features here seem amazing. However, I started up as Byzantium match and met Russia, Arabia, and Songhai (note this is a TSL Earth Map). I asked Songhai what he thought of Arabia, and it automatically declared war. I tried it again, but first, I established embassies. Still was a DOW. Then, I tried it again, but this time, I made a DOF with him. Still war. Am I doing anything wrong? No mods, Mac Version, G&K. Thanks.

14. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

You're not doing anything wrong, Aspyr is. You can't play modded DLLs on a Mac. I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do about it without the mac source code.

15. albie_123

albie_123 Modding In Secret

DLL mods don't work with Mac.

EDIT: Dangit, beat me to it :p

16. Omega_Kabob

Omega_Kabob Chieftain

Oh ok, no problem! Thanks!

17. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

18. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

Correct!

Big reveal!

19. great.taurus

great.taurus Warlord

Awesome - been waiting on this feature for years!

20. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

Well then I hope you enjoy it. :)