Civ Leader Depiction Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teddy Roosevelt = 26 - 3 = 23 Great depiction? Yes! Great choice? Yes! But I prefer Saladin, Hojo, Harald and Trajan. I don't want to vote on Cyrus yet, since I haven't seen him much. I know, there are youtube clips and stuf...
Saladin = 21
Victoria = 5
Gorgo = 2
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 18 + 1 = 19 My favorite Saladin is still doing fairly well, so I'll up vote my second favorite. He's just too jolly.
Cyrus the Great = 28
Trajan =14

Edit: corrected scores for Trajan and Gorgo.
Edit 2: really, Top 5 will be without any women?

Teddy Roosevelt = 23
Saladin = 21
Victoria = (5+1)=6 I like both Vicky and Gorgo, but I think Gorgo is unsavable at this point
Gorgo = 2
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = (19-3) = 16 Hal is ok, just like the others better
Cyrus the Great = 28
Trajan =14

Trajan =17 (16+1) Same reason as before. Very well depicted IMO, maybe my favourite leader in the game (along with Philip RIP).
It was pleasure to eliminate him ;)

Teddy Roosevelt = 23
Saladin = 21
Victoria = 6
Gorgo = 2-3=-1 (ELIMINATED) - Weakest of the remaining. In my opinion, she doesn't deserve so high spot.
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 16
Cyrus the Great = 28+1=29 - Cyrus' desing is very good. I'll support him with an upvote today.
Trajan =14

Teddy Roosevelt = 23
Saladin = (21-3)=18 His design doesn't scream Saladin to me, could fit Harun al Rashid or another Arab leader
Victoria = 6
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 16
Cyrus the Great = 29
Trajan =(14+1)=15 Might be a little too old for my liking, but it's a decent representation of Trajan, plus his chuckle..

NO! Gorgo was one of the best animated and realistic leaders in the game, with an excellent animation where she almost seems to reach out from the screen to you with her spear. Even if her leader choice wasn't great, that doesn't mean her as a character wasn't. And her voice actress was amazing. :(

Teddy Roosevelt = 23 + 1 = 24 (I like Teddy as represented in the game visually, even if his lines are not always fitting (when you declare war on him for example, he discusses choosing righteousness, but that line makes no sense since war is upon him whether he wishes it or no. That said, the voice actor is good and the animations also, though his Defeated animation is a little odd (his face looks a bit out of proportion in the sideway view).
Saladin = 18
Victoria = 6
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 16
Cyrus the Great = 29
Trajan = 15 - 3 = 12 (I continue to be surprised by how much people like this large-hands Julius Caesar-ish caricature. He looks NOTHING like the real Trajan, who was fleshier and less lean of face, not to mention a more noble and less impetuous leader than Civ VI's pouty version would have you believe. Also, this is not a realistic portrayal of a leader at all, especially compared to Cyrus).

Last edited:
Teddy Roosevelt = 24
Saladin = 18
Victoria = 6 + 1 = 7 (She's great and the only female leader left so she should stay)
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 16
Cyrus the Great = 29
Trajan = 11- 3 = 8 (He's alright but I think he comes across as bland and overly agreeable for Rome)

Teddy Roosevelt = 25 (24+1, in almost every way, Teddy has been well implemented (after redesign. He's deserving of at least a top three spot)
Saladin = 18
Victoria = 4 (7-3, the worst of the remaining options, as well as worse than several already eliminated leaders (including multiple female leaders). I'm rather surprised she's made it this deep)
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 16 (should've been blond or dark blond, and likewise for the eliminated Pedro)
Cyrus the Great = 29
Trajan = 8

Teddy Roosevelt = 25
Saladin = 18

Victoria = 1 (4-3)
She just doesn't compare to the remaining leaders. Her use of the hand fan is kinda weird, and her denouncement animation is kinda freaky, especially considering how composed she is with war declarations. Can't wait to see the inevitable Hojo vs Teddy showdown.

Hojo Tokimune = 25

Harald Hardrada = 17 (16+1)
I like him. I wish they hadn't chosen a christian given the other aspects of the civ, but Harald has solid proportions and a pretty good sense of humor (lol at the runestones).

Cyrus the Great = 29
Trajan = 8

Thanks. Corrected my post.

I stop visiting the forum for a few days and I miss this whole thread :(. I'm very surprised by the leaders that are left.

Guess I can jump in at the end.

Teddy Roosevelt = 25
Saladin = 18
Victoria = 1
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 14 (17-3) I can't stand Harald. I would've voted him down from the start if I'd been here. He should've been the first elimimated IMO (maybe Alex...don't have the DLCs). His head is just so ridiculous.
Cyrus the Great = 30 (29+1)
I don't have the DLCs, but I've seen the videos and he looks incredible.

Trajan = 9

Last edited:
Teddy Roosevelt = 25
Saladin = 18
Victoria = 1
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 11 (14-3) Decent depiction, but often acts and looks weird. Furthermore,his agenda is very annoying, as he like big navies in a game where navies don't matter
Cyrus the Great = 30
Trajan = 10 (9+10) Not my favorite leader, but I'd like to see Trajan make the top 5

Teddy Roosevelt = 25
Saladin = 18
Victoria = 1 +1 =2 Best reactions and animations in the game in my opinion
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 11
Cyrus the Great = 30
Trajan = 10 - 3 = 7 Just the least entertaining of the leaders who are left.

Teddy Roosevelt = 25
Saladin = 18
Victoria = 3 (2+1) Very lifelike, well animated
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 11
Cyrus the Great = 30
Trajan = 4 (7-3) He is good but not top 5 IMO

Teddy Roosevelt = 25
Saladin = 18
Victoria = 3 - 3 = 0 ELIMINATED Just Prefer everyone else left. Vicky ain't bad.
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 11
Cyrus the Great = 30
Trajan = 4 + 1 = 5 I like Trajan. Feels Roman,

Teddy Roosevelt = 25
Saladin = 18
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 11-3=8 First off, I love that he was included in the game. When he's wearing his helmet, he looks perfect. Perfect. But when he takes that helmet off, which is as often as not, he looks like a beady-eyed Neanderthal. Seriously, his eyes are so weird-looking. It's like they made them to fit the helmet, not the other way around. What gives?
Cyrus the Great = 30+1=31 Does he need my vote? No. Does he deserve my vote? Without question.
Trajan = 5

Teddy Roosevelt = 25
Saladin = 18+1 = 19
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 8
Cyrus the Great = 31
Trajan = 5-3 = 2

putting some buffer points to Saladin.
Trajan, for three days I still cannot find something to like you.

Teddy Roosevelt = 25
Saladin = 18+1 = 19
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 8
Cyrus the Great = 31+1=32
Trajan = 2-3= TERMINATED

I'm just going to copy paste my earlier reasons.
Trajan:
I understand that Trajan was one of the "5 Good Emperors", I understand that he was noted for being kind and personable to both his fellow senators and the common Roman peasant, I understand that while he was an extremely successful military commander he was also well known for his social welfare and public works programs to improve the lives of his subjects. I get that his portrayal is likely accurate... that doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't want to face off against a kind of nice (if boastful) guy leading the Roman Empire, I want to face off against an egotistical pragmatist who doesn't consider you worth their time, a man so above it all and self confident that he looks at you, the leader of a rival and likely powerful empire, like he's speaking with a child. In short, I want a real Caesar! I absolutely loved their depiction of Augustus in 5, the way he checks his nails while talking to you like the dirt under his fingers is more important than you and your entire country, the way he seems almost bored when declaring war or even when you sneak attack him like this is just business as usual, everything about him just screamed "I am a god and I know it.", whereas Trajan is more... human. Which works against him in my opinion as it just doesn't feel right having a human lead Rome.

Cyrus:
I seriously do not understand how they can get one leader so right and one leader so wrong in the very same pack. While Alexander looks like a half melted Ken Doll Cyrus looks... commanding. He looks more than willing to talk trade deals or gut you at the flick of a switch, like any ancient ruler worth their salt should. His costume and the way he stares into the middle distance while you're talking like he's thinking of something way more important than whatever it is you happen to be saying just makes him feel so imperial. Not to mention that evil chuckle of his. Absolutely love his whole villainous vibe, even if the historical Cyrus was known for being one of the more fair and liberal leaders of his time. :mischief:

Nooooo..... It's too late to save my waifu Vicky.... :sad:

Teddy Roosevelt = 25
Saladin = 19 - 3 = 16 (He hates me... a lot...)
Hojo Tokimune = 25
Harald Hardrada = 8 + 1 = 9 (This guy likes me... a lot...)
Cyrus the Great = 32

EDIT: Fixed the scores

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom