Civ Leader Depiction Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teddy Roosevelt = 7 (10-3)
Hojo Tokimune = 11 (10+1)
Cyrus the Great = 30

Hojo is more physically attractive; Teddy is not. With so few names left I have to resort to vanity.. and Cyrus I haven't seen enough to have a strong opinion, which I think is working to his advantage here

Teddy Roosevelt = 8 (7+1) One of the best leaders. Plenty of character.
Hojo Tokimune = 9 (12-3) Decent, but a bit uninteresting.
Cyrus the Great = 27

Teddy Roosevelt = 9 (8+1) Simply the Best!
Hojo Tokimune = 9
Cyrus the Pretty Good = 24 (27-3) I have no idea why people feel he's the best. If he had been lost in the middle of the pack I would have barely noticed.

Teddy Roosevelt = 10 (9+1) From a mouthful of bees to the bees knees
Hojo Tokimune = 9
Cyrus = 21 (24-3) The man is wearing a tiara

Teddy Roosevelt: 11 (10+1) He is my favorite leader that the American Civ has ever had

Hojo Tokimune: 6 (9-3) Of the ones that are left, he is the most wooden and least expressive. Frankly, I'm surprised he made the top three

Cyrus: 21

Teddy Roosevelt: 12 (11 + 1) As I have no idea what the armour Cyrus wears is based on I have to give points for authenticity to Teddy
Hojo Tokimune: 3 (6 - 3) His appearance here is based on what he looks like in a TV show.
Cyrus: 21

Teddy Roosevelt: 12
Hojo Tokimune: 3 -3 = 0 ELIMINATED. Great leader, but least favorite of these 3
Cyrus: 21 +1 = 22 Cyrus gets a point for being hot

Teddy Roosevelt = 7-3=4 - It's warrior vs politician. And even though Teddy's design is pretty good, he still isn't as interresting as Cyrus the Great.
Cyrus the Great = 21+1=22 - His victory is inevitable. I'll support you with my last point, as this thread is coming to end.

Teddy Roosevelt = 4 + 1 = 5 I like scrappy underdogs. I also upvote Teddy since he's a bit more similar to his historical counterpart than Cyrus, and with the extra jowls removed he looks fairly decent. The voice actor for Teddy knocked it out of the park; it's a fairly good impression of him.
Cyrus the Great = 22 = 3 = 19 (Excellently done leader, but his ancient Farsi apparently has some grammar problems, and they did portray him as manipulative and ruthless rather than the human rights-focused ruler that he was, even as he conquered people, he also spared many, including the Jews, who revered him. Also, Firaxis had more creative leeway with him due to few portrayals of Cyrus surviving, so they didn't have to do the hard work of adhering to a physical or audio detail of the existing historical Cyrus).

(How did Harald survive as long as he did? He deserved to be near the bottom with Alexander).

Teddy Roosevelt = (5+1)=6 A good representation of Teddy
Cyrus the Great = (19-3)=16 Treacherous Middle Eastern King...where is his benevolence, I have never befriended him..

People just like Vikings, idk, Harald Hardrada has no surviving likeness, so he looks rather generic. He should have been blonde haired.

Teddy Roosevelt = 7 (6+1) Great and recognizable caricature
Cyrus the Great = 13 (16 - 3) OK I guess? But I doubt I'd have put him in the top 5.

Teddy Roosevelt = 4 (7-3)
Cyrus the Great = 14 (13+1) In the end, there can be only one

Teddy Roosevelt = 1 (4-3) He's alright, but 'alright' doesn't mean Top1.
Cyrus the Great = 15 (14+1) He's the guy that gets the job done. And he has the looks for that.

Great game God of Kings.

I think it's a tribute to the work that Firaxis did that Cleopatra came in at 12. When she was first announced not many were impressed and you'd expect she would've been one of the first booted based on that.
Yet that didn't happen.

No problem, nzcamel.

The art team did an amazing job on Cyrus the Great. Too bad, the leader from the same DLC pack, Alexander the Great, was eliminated first for extremely good reasons.

Alexander and Cyrus made great bookends.

There will not be a sequel to this thread until new leaders are revealed in the First Look videos. Please participate in the other elimination threads in the meantime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom