Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Hmmm, the Pyramids near Cairo seems right but Broadway right beside them is just so very, very wrong :lol:

... of course, even worse is that Jerusalem is just out of the picture to the SouthEast and I'm about to Nuke it :p
The Las Vegas Strip wants to say hello.

An Egyptian-style pyramid is located between a Burmese-style resort and a Medieval European-style castle. It's also a stone's throw away from a facsimile of a giant steel skeleton deemed ugly when it was new, as well as a facsimile of a small island at the mouth of the Hudson River and a facsimile of classical architecture that came, saw, and conquered. Oh, and there's a facsimile of a "doge"y canal city.

The Las Vegas Strip wants to say hello.

An Egyptian-style pyramid is located between a Burmese-style resort and a Medieval European-style castle. It's also a stone's throw away from a facsimile of a giant steel skeleton deemed ugly when it was new, as well as a facsimile of a small island at the mouth of the Hudson River and a facsimile of classical architecture that came, saw, and conquered. Oh, and there's a facsimile of a "doge"y canal city.

Yeah, I've been to all of those places in Vegas. Many moons ago, I even stayed at a High Rollers Suite at Trajan's, ooops, Caesar's Palace :p

Good to see Civ has an "advanced start" option now!

(note, unless you settle this turn you'll actually start with 2 settlers at most, as you cannot capture both settlers this turn anymore and they'll attempt to settle if they can)

Good to see Civ has an "advanced start" option now!

(note, unless you settle this turn you'll actually start with 2 settlers at most, as you cannot capture both settlers this turn anymore and they'll attempt to settle if they can)

Nah, I started with 3. I settled where I was and took the second settler at turn 1. At turn 2 Kumasi didn't have a place to settle so he moved his settler to that desert hill on his west and I stole that one too.

OK, riddle me this? How the heck am I supposed to achieve this Quest? :lol:

I like how the city is under siege.

Also, how are there units outside the mountains? Or do they belong to another city state?

Also, how are there units outside the mountains? Or do they belong to another city state?
My guess is if they produce a new unit while a unit is already standing in city center, the new unit is teleported to nearest free hex at end of turn.

My guess is if they produce a new unit while a unit is already standing in city center, the new unit is teleported to nearest free hex at end of turn.

My experience with units stacked on top of each other with not being able to move is unable to end turn though... Had it once sending my scout into fog of war and then having 1 mp left and needing 2 to get to any tile without an enemy on it.

I like how the city is under siege.

Yeah, that was the other funny part, the city was under siege from Turn 1... my cap is just west of it. I'm guessing it somehow interprets the mountains surrounding it as an enemy :lol:

As to the 2nd part, Kasper is correct, whenever it would spawn a new unit, if there was already one in the cap, it would just go to the next available spot... I've seen the same behaviour when I have a barb camp surrounded on a peninsula and suddenly a unit appears behind me :p

OK, riddle me this? How the heck am I supposed to achieve this Quest? :lol:

It's less of a quest and more of a cry for help.

The "under siege" thing counts all 6 tiles adjacent to the city center. If all of them are either mountains or affected by enemy ZoC, then the city is under siege. In this case, it's all mountain and no ZoC, but the AI doesn't consider that.

Last edited:
It's less of a quest and more of a cry for help.

The "under siege" thing counts all 6 tiles adjacent to the city center. If all of them are either mountains or affected by enemy ZoC, then the city is under siege. In this case, it's all mountain and no ZoC, but the AI doesn't consider that.

I can't help but be annoyed at the part of "the AI doesn't consider that" when it has absolutely nothing to do with AI.

I can't help but be annoyed at the part of "the AI doesn't consider that" when it has absolutely nothing to do with AI.

Fine. The programming doesn't consider circumstances where all six tiles are mountains.

Seoul request a Conquistador.jpg

Zanzibar requests a Crouching Tiger.jpg

These two City-States are requesting a Conquistador and a Crouching Tiger.....I'm playing as Macedon.....

View attachment 480639
View attachment 480640

These two City-States are requesting a Conquistador and a Crouching Tiger.....I'm playing as Macedon.....
Technically, it would be possible if there was China and Spain and both had rebellions and you had an apostle with the promotion that allows you to add barbarians to your army... But you don't have China and you don't have Spain :lol:

Top Bottom