Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Me : Let's start a game with Russia so that I feel a bit colder during this hot summer

Game :

How did you manage that! I have NEVER in probably close to a hundred starts ever gotten a Russian Starting Position without Tundra lurking nearby. I could swear it's the most hard-coded Start Bias in the game!

Of course, seeing a near-desert start for Russia brings up images of mud-brick Lavras and camels wearing fur hats . . .

That reminds me of my first Indonesia start right after that DLC dropped. ...pic should be in here somewhere.

Seems quite normal to me, it is not rare for the map generation to troll me like that.

With most of the Civs, certainly. I've lost track of the number of times I've gotten England in the middle of a continent without a coast in sight, Hungary without a river or a City State, or Nubia without a desert tile on my side of the world. But Russia has been the one consistent: It always starts in/near/surrounded by Tundra in my games.

Of course, it's still true that if I restart a game more than 2 times, any Civ will get a Tundra start whether it makes any sense with their Uniques or not . . .

I had a Russia start nowhere near the tundra, despite setting the world setting to Cold!

Yes, it was in my Deity game against Kongo with only religious victory enabled. Kongo started in the tundra (and chose the Aurora pantheon, despite not being able to build holy sites).

Oh, and the religion I founded is called "Happiness" and it's represented by a butterfly.

Cree traders find a secret path throutgh the forbidden swamp and decide to keep this for themselves.
upload_2019-8-22_18-20-30.png

Last edited:
Which city owns those top two tiles? You couldn't buy the tiles like that far as I know.
It is the Cree, I’ll have look. I doubt the can be swapped as you need an adjoining tile. I’ll try.
EDIT: Ah no, gone on to a Scottish game... I was testing delegations, sorry.

Makwa-sahakiwan. It's in their three tile radius and unowned.

I know their ability, just surprised it could add tiles that aren't connected to other tiles owned by that city.

I know their ability, just surprised it could add tiles that aren't connected to other tiles owned by that city.

It works on any unowned tile within working range of a Cree city, regardless of whether the tile is adjoined to other Cree tiles.

yeah that's the cool thing about their ability. People poo-pood their ability in the elimination thread, but it's not too bad. Getting 3rd ring tiles can be expensive, and these can often do it for you. I was surprised when it did it for all my cities, not just the city originating the trade route.

People disliked it not because the ability itself but the lack of control over traders which actually undermines the ability.
If there was a patch/mod that enabled the player to specifiy "compulsory tiles", The Cree's ability as well as canals and Reyna would be much better.

People disliked it not because the ability itself but the lack of control over traders which actually undermines the ability.
If there was a patch/mod that enabled the player to specifiy "compulsory tiles", The Cree's ability as well as canals and Reyna would be much better.
Doesn't undermine it: it keeps it from being too good (Crees total package) imo.

That is a beautiful campus spot(s).

And if you can get Great Scientist Galileo Galilei and his +250 Science per adjacent Mountain tile, you are going to be in Scientific Fat City.

Doesn't undermine it: it keeps it from being too good (Crees total package) imo.

Also if the trader's route misses that resource tile, just put a mekewap instead.
Tile claiming works on water tiles too. You guys did them an injustice voting them off the Elim thread so quick, sorry I wasn't around to make this point.

Top Bottom