1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Carazycool, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Arraz

Arraz Chieftain

Me : Let's start a game with Russia so that I feel a bit colder during this hot summer

Game :

2. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

How did you manage that! I have NEVER in probably close to a hundred starts ever gotten a Russian Starting Position without Tundra lurking nearby. I could swear it's the most hard-coded Start Bias in the game!

Of course, seeing a near-desert start for Russia brings up images of mud-brick Lavras and camels wearing fur hats . . .

Knightfall, Arraz and Kjimmet like this.
  3. Weraptor

Weraptor Prince

Seems quite normal to me, it is not rare for the map generation to troll me like that.

4. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

That reminds me of my first Indonesia start right after that DLC dropped. ...pic should be in here somewhere.

5. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

With most of the Civs, certainly. I've lost track of the number of times I've gotten England in the middle of a continent without a coast in sight, Hungary without a river or a City State, or Nubia without a desert tile on my side of the world. But Russia has been the one consistent: It always starts in/near/surrounded by Tundra in my games.

Of course, it's still true that if I restart a game more than 2 times, any Civ will get a Tundra start whether it makes any sense with their Uniques or not . . .

6. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

I had a Russia start nowhere near the tundra, despite setting the world setting to Cold!

Yes, it was in my Deity game against Kongo with only religious victory enabled. Kongo started in the tundra (and chose the Aurora pantheon, despite not being able to build holy sites).

Oh, and the religion I founded is called "Happiness" and it's represented by a butterfly.

WillowBrook likes this.
  7. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Cree traders find a secret path throutgh the forbidden swamp and decide to keep this for themselves.
    upload_2019-8-22_18-20-30.png

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  8. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Which city owns those top two tiles? You couldn't buy the tiles like that far as I know.

9. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

It is the Cree, I’ll have look. I doubt the can be swapped as you need an adjoining tile. I’ll try.
    EDIT: Ah no, gone on to a Scottish game... I was testing delegations, sorry.

10. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Makwa-sahakiwan. It's in their three tile radius and unowned.

Pure24 and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  11. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

I know their ability, just surprised it could add tiles that aren't connected to other tiles owned by that city.

12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It works on any unowned tile within working range of a Cree city, regardless of whether the tile is adjoined to other Cree tiles.

13. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

yeah that's the cool thing about their ability. People poo-pood their ability in the elimination thread, but it's not too bad. Getting 3rd ring tiles can be expensive, and these can often do it for you. I was surprised when it did it for all my cities, not just the city originating the trade route.

Pure24, Deadly Dog and Jkchart like this.
  14. Arraz

Arraz Chieftain

People disliked it not because the ability itself but the lack of control over traders which actually undermines the ability.
    If there was a patch/mod that enabled the player to specifiy "compulsory tiles", The Cree's ability as well as canals and Reyna would be much better.

15. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Doesn't undermine it: it keeps it from being too good (Crees total package) imo.

Deadly Dog and Jkchart like this.
  16. local_hero

local_hero Prince

Start the game with 2 +8 campuses. Damn.

Attached Files:

17. Jkchart

Jkchart King

That is a beautiful campus spot(s).

local_hero likes this.
  18. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

And if you can get Great Scientist Galileo Galilei and his +250 Science per adjacent Mountain tile, you are going to be in Scientific Fat City.

19. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

The Hida Mountains must be an excellent place for any aspiring scholar.

20. Deadly Dog

Deadly Dog Chieftain

Also if the trader's route misses that resource tile, just put a mekewap instead.
    Tile claiming works on water tiles too. You guys did them an injustice voting them off the Elim thread so quick, sorry I wasn't around to make this point.