Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

There used to be a Korean city... full with joy ... full with life... So that's why, boys & girls, you clear Barbarian camps! :D

My poor Missionary just arrived to witness the horrors... well... at least his charge won't be wasted :D (you gotta stay positive!)

Attachments

• ripcity.png
    ripcity.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 626
Here, Qin. A wonder for the Middle Kingdom to awe at, since you can't make one yourself!

Well, I've built this Taj Mahal on the other side of the mountain range, and only then realized that it's Qin who lives there, which makes some epic trolling :D

And to the North is an example of an earlier trick played on me by Philip. I started Petra, not thinking anything could go wrong, and next thing he plucks Toledo there and steals the copper tile!

Attachments

• 20190907190104_1.jpg
    20190907190104_1.jpg
    802.9 KB · Views: 441
Here's something I haven't noticed before — a pasture with the gates open to let the cattle graze outside. Is that a new addition, or am I just unobservant?

Had a funny thing happen the other day but forgot to take a picture. Had sheep next to a volcano and put a pasture there. When the volcano errupted it removed the sheep but only pillaged the pasture. Could even repair it so had an empty pasture to work on.

View attachment 534024

Another pretty cool seaside resort (literally).
Why bother with camping inside the nature parks when there is a seaside resort nearby? Visitors may also choose to go swimming with the fishes whilst enjoying the majestic view of those icebergs.
Shame it has no wifi tho'...
:)

Russia is leading culture victory on turn 233 but doesn't have early empire:

In Civilization 1 and 2, I've had games where the year is like 1950 and I get a message:
"Mongolia has Learned Alphabet."

I kid you not. Mongolia was on a tiny island wandering around all game, and by the end of the game, Mongolia is FINALLY learning the very first Technology of the game. The world is in a lot of trouble now that Genghis Khan knows his ABCs

And I never play anything lower then Prince, usually King, Emperor, or higher.

In Civilization 1 and 2, I've had games where the year is like 1950 and I get a message:
"Mongolia has Learned Alphabet."

I kid you not. Mongolia was on a tiny island wandering around all game, and by the end of the game, Mongolia is FINALLY learning the very first Technology of the game. The world is in a lot of trouble now that Genghis Khan knows his ABCs

And I never play anything lower then Prince, usually King, Emperor, or higher.
China never learned the alphabet; its first exposure to an alphabet was with Sanskrit (which did not have a true alphabet, but close enough) during the Tang Dynasty.

To this day, the Chinese languages are still primarily written using logographs.

The Koreans however have an alphabet of some sort: Hangul. The Japanese have Hiragana and Katakana (they are syllabaries, but they are closer to alphabets than to logographs) alongside the Chinese-derived Kanji.

And lo! The people of the Cree nation rebelled against Poundmaker the Terrible, for he was cruel, and gave his cities seven syllable names which were hard to pronounce. So all at once the Cree people rose up and declared their independence, surrounding their former emperor demanding that justice be brought upon him.

upload_2019-9-10_22-6-19.png

This is one for the category "How stupid can the AI be?"... Greece really wanted to make sure that they own this lake:

View attachment 534536

"Lake Effect" is not a meteorological term to the AI, it's a Naval Strategy.

To be fair to the AI, though, the United States was building a 120-gun Ship of the Line on the Great Lakes at the end of the War of 1812: this could actually be an example of Misplaced Historically-Based Programmed Behavior.

This is one for the category "How stupid can the AI be?"... Greece really wanted to make sure that they own this lake:

View attachment 534536
It would have been better strategy from the AI to build ranged boats. It would have made conquering the city a bit more difficult.

View attachment 534565

Great starting location. Can't wait to get all those new coastal benefits.
Saves a lot of time for debating where to settle :)
What are your settings? And could you post t0 save? I don't get to start many games, so I've never got a similar start yet.

View attachment 534536

Yeah, the AI really need some work. It was not even able to see that founding its city 1 tile north-west could have enabled him to build FOUR more boats!!! Imagine that, being inland yet being loved by harald...:queen:

(Although there seems to be a city on the left side of the image, and we can't see the west lake. Maybe it got those four boats, with a fith in the city??? :D)

Saves a lot of time for debating where to settle :)
What are your settings? And could you post t0 save? I don't get to start many games, so I've never got a similar start yet.
I’ll see if I can dig that up, but I’m not sure it’s still accessible. It was standard size and speed with a terra start.

I'm 99% sure Ron the Baptist was used in something Monty Python wrote.
This was an AI city, I edited the names list ages ago with the help of a few glasses of Whiskey and some old songs.
Actually I think I posted a pic of this city earlier in the year, sans Prophet.

Top Bottom