Civ3MultiTool - Now at Civfanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how Civ3 calcuates (or reads) the filenames for the leaderheads? Not the FLC files.... i mean the PCX files in the leaderheads folder. I have a new Civ, and most everything seems to work, unless I go to the Foreign Advisor screen. Instant crash... it can't find the file it's looking for. I just don't know what it's looking for!

Garret

Originally posted by Gramphos

What OS do you have, does the empty.zip App (see earlier post) run?

Win 98. When I run the empty.exe it pulls up a little 4''x4'' box that says empty at the top. Even with it running, no luck.

I downloaded marlas world map, fixed civ starting positions with civ3copy tool, and started a game
I noticed that I could not automate my workers! I just though what the h*ck and went on, but after a while I noticed that the other civs workers did not work at all! :cry:

I made my improvements manual of course, but it's really silly to play against 15 computers without any roads to strategic, irrigrations etc. :hammer:

What's wrong here.....?
:suicide:

Originally posted by Russiophile

Win 98. When I run the empty.exe it pulls up a little 4''x4'' box that says empty at the top. Even with it running, no luck.
Then the Main VB-runtimes are working. It must be something wrong with one of the OCX-files.

Originally posted by creap
I downloaded marlas world map, fixed civ starting positions with civ3copy tool, and started a game
I noticed that I could not automate my workers! I just though what the h*ck and went on, but after a while I noticed that the other civs workers did not work at all! :cry:

I made my improvements manual of course, but it's really silly to play against 15 computers without any roads to strategic, irrigrations etc. :hammer:

What's wrong here.....?
:suicide:
I've no idea. It must be something after the patch. :confused:

I'll look at it.

Originally posted by metrognome
here ya go!
I know what the error is. It misses that the file has ended. It is a bug that came with the non-terminating version. I'll thought I fixed it earlier. You must have found a second version of that bug.

I've fixed the problem. I'll not remove the last version, as I don't know how well the SGE is soing in this. I've been working on some new features, but they are only partly (de)activated.
35 downloads

I copied a civ, changed name a few attributes, but when I start a game with them it crashes. What am I missing?

Also, is there gonna be a walkthrough or something on how to use all these programs to just add a civ to the game?

Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by Evangelist666
I copied a civ, changed name a few attributes, but when I start a game with them it crashes. What am I missing?

Also, is there gonna be a walkthrough or something on how to use all these programs to just add a civ to the game?

Thanks for any help.
There is a problem with that the Game doesn't use the filename specified in pediaicons.txt for the foreign advisor. Which results in that you can't change the pictures, and when the game can't find a picture it crashes. I hope that Firaxis will fix this in a later patch. As it says in the pediaicons.txt that the files are listed there.

Originally posted by Gramphos

There is a problem with that the Game doesn't use the filename specified in pediaicons.txt for the foreign advisor. Which results in that you can't change the pictures, and when the game can't find a picture it crashes. I hope that Firaxis will fix this in a later patch. As it says in the pediaicons.txt that the files are listed there.

I created a new civ this weekend and even created all new pcx and flc files for it... and spent all weekend going crazy because the dip screen kept crashing! Ok. It doesn't read the pediaicon.txt.
How do we get around this? How do the other mod makers do it?

BTW, again, many thanks for all your help, Gramphos!

alright, so after DLing the update everything seemed to work fine, until i attempted to copy the Germans as a base for my Viking civ. instead of just popping up with "Operation Complete," i received a series of 3 dialogue pop-ups:

- "???"
- "This file already contains a BAK. Continue?"
- "Operation Complete"

then, when i attempted to open CivEdit to change the names and whatnot, i got a dialogue which said "Seek failed on spanish - viking mod.bic." i then attempted to open the file with the Civ3CT, and i received an error referencing an "inability to read the WSIZ."

so what's up now? i've attached the BIC for analysis.

Hi Gramphos. I have a little question, please!

Your CivSavegameeditor doesn`t work with the new CivIII Version 1.16! Will you create a new Savegameeditor or will there also be a patch for your editor?

Baron Rakkan
Veni Vidi Vici

Originally posted by Baron Rakkan
Hi Gramphos. I have a little question, please!

Your CivSavegameeditor doesn`t work with the new CivIII Version 1.16! Will you create a new Savegameeditor or will there also be a patch for your editor?

Baron Rakkan
Veni Vidi Vici
The version 0.78.1+ should work. If you are an advance user you could try 0.78.9. Otherwise use the one linked to in the first post.

Originally posted by metrognome
alright, so after DLing the update everything seemed to work fine, until i attempted to copy the Germans as a base for my Viking civ. instead of just popping up with "Operation Complete," i received a series of 3 dialogue pop-ups:

- "???"
- "This file already contains a BAK. Continue?"
- "Operation Complete"

then, when i attempted to open CivEdit to change the names and whatnot, i got a dialogue which said "Seek failed on spanish - viking mod.bic." i then attempted to open the file with the Civ3CT, and i received an error referencing an "inability to read the WSIZ."

so what's up now? i've attached the BIC for analysis.
I don't know exactly why this occur, and I can't do anything about is today. Have a big history test tomorrow.

I however know what the error is (As I've written the ??? string.)
The copytool sometimes reads past the end of file, without anything is noticed about it. I could check the current position compared to the filelen, but that would slow down the copy somewhat, but I think that is the easiest way to do it. I'll make the changes tomorrow.

Which one am I to download. I am so confused. I tried downloading Marla's map. It shows up in my load scenario file, but I do not know how to load, save, run the copy tool to save the correct starting locations.

Could someone please help a very non technically advanced guy who just wants to play the game with the civs having correct starting locations?

Originally posted by epsilon97
Which one am I to download. I am so confused. I tried downloading Marla's map. It shows up in my load scenario file, but I do not know how to load, save, run the copy tool to save the correct starting locations.

Could someone please help a very non technically advanced guy who just wants to play the game with the civs having correct starting locations?
Download the one linked to in the first post. I should work fine with SAVs.
Extract it, and run the SaveGameEditor.bat
select file Load and load your save
select file and load starting positions (or something like that)
select marla.cpf
Select a file to save as.

I've just finished a tool I've been working on since the XP problem showed up. It is a C++-made tool to move the civs with CPF-files.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11829

I don't know if it work on XP, but it doesn't use a single line VB in it. (Only very many lines converted from VB)
Could anyone with XP test it.
It should also be easier (and faster) then the C3CT to move the civs, as you only can do that with the tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom