Civ4 BTS Patch v3.13 is up

It's a joke relating to Bill Clinton which you're probably too young to remember.

HELP! I downloaded this mod and now I can't play BtS, every time I try to load a game or start a new one the program just shuts down, what have I done wrong?

This is what it says:

Civ Version: 313
Save Version: 301
Build Version 3.0.0.91 (74697)
Date: FINAL RELEASE
Mod Name : None

Build Version 3.0.0.91 (74697)

should read 3.0.0.1 if the patch was applied successfully. In your case it did not install completely. I fear only a clean reinstall will help there. The below is a gazillionth repost of a walkthrough - if you do not have Warlords ignore that part. It is written for XP so if you have Vista the paths might be different.

install the most recent version of DirectX 9c from Microsoft

then do the following for a clean reinstall:

Uninstall and Reinstall Civ4 Warlords BtS :

Try to follow this order when doing stuff:
Use Control panel to uninstall Beyond the Sword, then Warlords, then Vanilla
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\beyond the sword" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\beyond the sword" manually
(note: application data is a hidden directory so you need to configure windows explorer to show hidden files, also these directories in application data are sometimes removed by the uninstall routine)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8}" (Civ4)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{3E4B349F-10B5-4586-9D99-489A90A8B228}" (Warlords)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{32E4F0D2-C135-475E-A841-1D59A0D22989}" (BtS) (note: InstallShield Installation Information is a hidden directory so you need to configure windows explorer to show hidden files).
Install Vanilla, immediately patch it to 1.61 (download it fresh from here)
Install Warlords, immediately patch it to 2.08 (download it fresh from here)
Install Beyond the Sword, immediately patch to 3.13 (download it fresh from here).

Since I evidently installed the 3.13 patch wrong, how should I do it? I am sorry about this but I've been a member for about a week, i'm a huge Civilization fan but don't know very much about computers, installing patches, etc.

This was the first patch I downloaded and so have had a very negative initial experience.

the problem is that while dozens of people have reported this problem with this particular patch - I have not been able to figure out why this happened though I do have some guesses which are incomplete at best. apparently this patch is sensitive to changes in the game files and/or install paths to an extent that it should not be. I am afraid the only thing I can tell you is that with a clean install like the above it usually works - I'd love to figure out why this happens, but it is a problem that I have only seen to this extent with this patch :dunno: :(

Is Bhruic's patch better than this one or is this one the preferred choice because it is official? Or does it even matter?

Is Bhruic's patch better than this one or is this one the preferred choice because it is official? Or does it even matter?
Yes, it's better. But that's the wrong question... you really want BOTH.

Some people like to stick with the official because they play HOF or MP.

And yes it matters.

If all you do is SP then definitely get the Unofficial patch. Use the in-game to upgrade to the official 3.13, then download the unofficial 3.13.

Wodan

If all you do is SP then definitely get the Unofficial patch. Use the in-game to upgrade to the official 3.13, then download the unofficial 3.13.

Also, you can use the Unofficial patch in MP. Just make sure everyone has it. I do it quite often with my wife and my friends.

I cannot install it . It always pops out an error message that the computer has no BtS. But I have the complete edition. What is going on?

Click on the "advanced" menu option and click on "version number" or "about this build", or something like that.

Is that definite ? Where can you see the version no in-game ? The file version number just says 3.0.0.1

Click on the "advanced" menu option and click on "version number" or "about this build", or something like that.

About this build would tell you, but for reasons only known to the publishers the 3.13 patch puts the Version number to 3.0.0.1 :crazyeye:

Yes it is definitive: complete is patched to 1.74, 2.13 and 3.13 for the three iterations (Civ4, Warlords, BtS) it bundles. Note: there is talk about a possible new patch for BtS - if that ever materializes you would need to patch Complete as well, but as of now it is up to date.

Top Bottom