Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

I think the download mirrors need updating, I was only able to get a file from GameWatcher and that file was corrupted. I ended up going to archive.org.

I’ve been looking for a non dead link myself. Within the game it would always say no updates available but then I realized I’m on 3.17 and I want to get some mods so I would need to update first

I am playing BTS-- Rise of Mankind , and when I try to use the strategy overlay function I get a BUG error failure of INI file .
The strategy layer functions properly , but the error message ( 6 times) is overlaid on the screen. It also blocks out all in game turn notifications.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Lymond/others. I have been trying for two hours to figure out how to load Buffy Mod and can't seem to do it. It appears that I must first download the BTS 3.19 patch, which in turn requires first the BTS 3.17 patch. I was able to download the 3.17 patch but can't seem to find a working link to the 3.19 patch. All of the mirrors don't seem to have working links. Am I missing something?? Thanks in advance for the help. I have played BTS out of the box for a few years now and am trying to graduate to Buffy which seems to be a great improvement from reading comments on the CFC forums.

Hello Lymond/others. I have been trying for two hours to figure out how to load Buffy Mod and can't seem to do it. It appears that I must first download the BTS 3.19 patch, which in turn requires first the BTS 3.17 patch. I was able to download the 3.17 patch but can't seem to find a working link to the 3.19 patch. All of the mirrors don't seem to have working links. Am I missing something?? Thanks in advance for the help. I have played BTS out of the box for a few years now and am trying to graduate to Buffy which seems to be a great improvement from reading comments on the CFC forums.

It's important to understand where you got your copy of Civ IV. If you got a direct download (Civ IV Complete) or Steam version, the game should already be patched up. Steam version requires something different, so let me know if that is what you have.

Regardless, Steps 1 and 2 must be performed from the following page from the HOF site:

http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=vista

It's important to understand where you got your copy of Civ IV. If you got a direct download (Civ IV Complete) or Steam version, the game should already be patched up. Steam version requires something different, so let me know if that is what you have.

Regardless, Steps 1 and 2 must be performed from the following page from the HOF site:

http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=vista
Lymond,
I got it the old-fashioned way. Bought it out of the box and loaded it onto PC from the CD in it.

Lymond,
I got it the old-fashioned way. Bought it out of the box and loaded it onto PC from the CD in it.

Is it the Complete version or separate? Not sure what state the disk version of Complete was in at release. Go to main menu > Options > About this build and let us know what is says. Probably do need to patch the game up as described in the following thread over in tech forum:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/installing-civ-4-on-windows-7-vista-32-64-bit.408537/

Whether or not you need 3.17 installed at all may depend on the version of the disks you have. I'm well over a decade removed from computer disks - for anything - so don't recall this stuff.

I do know that with this disk version - well any version - but especially the disk version you should run the game in Win 7 compatibility mode. (And check "run as administrator" as well while you are there per HOF instructions)

I recall there were some SecureROM issues with the disks version after the Win 10 upgrade, but I think once you patch to 3.19 that should not be an issue with BTS - and you do not need the disks once you are on 3.19.

I checked some of the links to the patches and you are right that some are dead, and other seem highly questionable. I'm pretty sure these patches can be found, but really CFC needs to do something to get copies on the servers here so there is no dependence on questionable storage sites. I'll do some searching and contact the admins as well.

Last edited:
I have a copy of the 3.19 patch. I downloaded it and installed it years ago but, being a packrat, I still have the download. I tried to upload it attached to a message here but apparently there is a size limit and it would not finish the upload. If someone can tell me how to upload it to add to the library here, I will do so. Also Trout, if you would like me to email it to you, start a conversation with me here, telling me an email address where you would like me to send it and I will do so.

Is it the Complete version or separate? Not sure what state the disk version of Complete was in at release. Go to main menu > Options > About this build and let us know what is says. Probably do need to patch the game up as described in the following thread over in tech forum:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/installing-civ-4-on-windows-7-vista-32-64-bit.408537/

Whether or not you need 3.17 installed at all may depend on the version of the disks you have. I'm well over a decade removed from computer disks - for anything - so don't recall this stuff.

I do know that with this disk version - well any version - but especially the disk version you should run the game in Win 7 compatibility mode. (And check "run as administrator" as well while you are there per HOF instructions)

I recall there were some SecureROM issues with the disks version after the Win 10 upgrade, but I think once you patch to 3.19 that should not be an issue with BTS - and you do not need the disks once you are on 3.19.

I checked some of the links to the patches and you are right that some are dead, and other seem highly questionable. I'm pretty sure these patches can be found, but really CFC needs to do something to get copies on the servers here so there is no dependence on questionable storage sites. I'll do some searching and contact the admins as well.
Lymond,
I did what you suggested with "about this build", and it says:
Civ version: 319
Save version: 302
Build version: 3.1.9.0 (128100)
Build date: May 14, 2009
Build: FINAL RELEASE
Mod Name: None

That makes me think I may have had 3.19 pre-loaded on the disk :confused:

That makes me think I may have had 3.19 pre-loaded on the disk :confused:

Yep, looks like your version is patched up. I never had the disk version of Civ Complete, but I think it should be patched up. (there may have been different releases of Complete way back when ..not sure).

So, really you just need to try the steps I pointed out earlier and you should have no trouble getting BUFFY to run properly. (This assumes you have not mess with any files or have a good installation of BTS). Let me know if you have issues. I'm sure we can get this working for you.

Top Bottom