Civ4 BTS - WWII: Road to War Add-on (beta version)

Actually that's called constructive criticism

Better be safe than sorry, he actually done a great job and I was hoping he would fix this relatively small issue, although the more I think about it the more I suspect he had a reason, a good one.

Breaking News: I just looked at my inbox and I'm gonna do the mod's french translation yay :eek: :king:

EDIT: and Dale please do not take it as a flame, but German units are still speaking english and it sounds bizarre in particular when you know there is a german voices file available, or maybe it has something to with modding ?

There's a couple of nations speaking the wrong language, I'll be taking a look at that for the full add-on pack. It was more important to post a beta with bugfixes and changes to "fix" the mod. :)

I have Civ4 BTS but I have the Quadro FX video card so I cant play it. I bought the game for this Scenario. Which country is Greece in, East Balkans, West Balkans or Low Country? And do they speak Greek or another language? Does the invasion of Crete happen? That event made Hitler invade Crete instead of USSR and it took him longer to take Crete than it took take France.

Imo, such small fixes could have been easily already added to the mod's version which came with BtS :rolleyes:

I mean just imagine how many people will now play the historically incorrect previous version of the mod, just because it was shipped with BtS :rolleyes:

WW2 was not just about war, it was also about the strong leaders. And you're adding two very important WW2 leaders only now, 'though it should have been done earlyer :rolleyes:

You know, Firaxis didn't want to add Hitler and Hirohito for these reasons:
1. HUGE criticism, (except from you of course)
2. Some skinhead could play as Hitler (not healthy)
3. It would ruin the game for a lot of people
4. There are still people today suffering from trauma from the Holocaust
5. Hitler being "Pleased" with you is disgusting to be honest.
He is and was always a psychotic little ;akdlsj;ald and saying things like "Hitler should be in the game to be ""Historically Accurate"" will get you labeled as a Nazi or Racist around here. I don't even believe "Vice Chancellor Von Papen" is historically "inaccurate" He was a man who was one of the leaders of Germany. He probably had the same views as Hitler, and was probably one of the guys behind the "Final Solution" and all the other crap the Nazis did, isn't that good enough for you? :confused: I was pleased with the game before this patch. Did Dale have permission from Firaxis to add Hitler before the game was released and just decided not to? Or did he decide to now without consulting Firaxis? Just wondering...

same could be said of Stalin you know ? And Hiro Hito is much less known, believe me I have been wearing this nickname for a decade now and could count on one hand the times when someone knew who he was, let alone despise his name.

Now imagine if my name was Hitler ? I wouldnt be here for starters.

PS: and I am no admirer of Hiro Hito btw, just thought the name's cool.

Kudos to Dale for making the add-ons not indcuded in the shipped version! 600 megs of artwork - wow :eek:!

He is and was always a psychotic little ;akdlsj;ald and saying things like "Hitler should be in the game to be ""Historically Accurate"" will get you labeled as a Nazi or Racist around here. I don't even believe "Vice Chancellor Von Papen" is historically "inaccurate" He was a man who was one of the leaders of Germany. He probably had the same views as Hitler, and was probably one of the guys behind the "Final Solution" and all the other crap the Nazis did, isn't that good enough for you? :confused: I was pleased with the game before this patch. Did Dale have permission from Firaxis to add Hitler before the game was released and just decided not to? Or did he decide to now without consulting Firaxis? Just wondering...

We want to play this game right... not something to pleased the haters of WW2. People should get use to it, cause it just human nature that war is in our blood and we carry it with reasons. I didn't play as hitlar, instead I played as Stalin, and I got huge lag in this game after 6-10 turns. I wish this game have some stabilities to those who are under these specs

1 GB Ram
ATI Radeon X600 w/Hyperthread Memory, 256.0 MB
Intel Pentium 4 Processor, 3.00 GHz

same could be said of Stalin you know ?
True. For me, Stalin is more offending history figure, as he killed more of my nation as Hitler ever did :(

But Firaxis seems to be supporting bolsheviks/communists, as they keep Stalin and Mao in their games... :(

So i feel kinda sorry for all those who've suffered from those mass murderers, but are considered less worthy as those who were suffering from Hitler :sad:

I got huge lag in this game after 6-10 turns.
It doesn't matter which civ you play, this mod requires bit more pc resources as vanilla... I had the same problem while playing Baltic States.

I'll just be glad to play this thing historically. For me at least a WWII scenario is a chance to explore the Alt-history question "What if hitler won" and is pointless to even look at if he's not included. Not to make this a Hitler thread, just my opinion.

I like seeing Hiro-hito in too. Same thing. What if the Japanese had managed to take over china and the pacific? A god king as a modern world leader? That would be something different.

I'm also looking forward to playing as america and trying to stay OUT of the war. What if the Isolationists had made their point stick? If japan hadn't attacked OR had hit our fleet the way they wanted we might not have entered the war at all, or at least not so soon. Or even if we had actually gotten the declaration of war they say they sent? It's no longer an undeclared war, do we just attack japan or do we join "the war"? Interesting twists.

I like alternate history. Which means I like playing as close to the real situation as I can, with as close to the real leaders as I can. Preferably on a full scale world map, but I may have to wait for that wish to come true. :)

I don't think it was necessary to add that scum bug Hitler, and the Swastika. It doesnt add anything to the game, except making people feel uncomfortable about playing as Germany.

WW2 no Hitler LOL dont be so dramatic and narrow-minded , part of history .

Originally Posted by dutchking
He is and was always a psychotic little ;akdlsj;ald and saying things like "Hitler should be in the game to be ""Historically Accurate"" will get you labeled as a Nazi or Racist around here. I don't even believe "Vice Chancellor Von Papen" is historically "inaccurate" He was a man who was one of the leaders of Germany. He probably had the same views as Hitler, and was probably one of the guys behind the "Final Solution" and all the other crap the Nazis did, isn't that good enough for you? I was pleased with the game before this patch. Did Dale have permission from Firaxis to add Hitler before the game was released and just decided not to? Or did he decide to now without consulting Firaxis? Just wondering...

If you dont like it , dont download it . Freedom of choice or stay in a state of casuistry .

If you dont like it , dont download it . Freedom of choice or stay in a state of casuistry .

I was just saying I could understand why Firaxis wouldn't want Hitler to be in their game. That's all, personally, I don't have a REAL problem with him in the mod, I just don't feel right about it. :dunno: BtW, everytime I try to play a scenario in rtw and we get to >Initializing> (Then) We're sorry for the inconvienence...
It worked before, anybody else got the same problem? :sad:

Dutchking:

You on patch 302?

Great job dale, now I really enjoy your WW2 scenario. The best ever made for CIV! The only thing I miss is real names on the ships.... ;)

Dale, dude, great work. im downloading atm but I can already smell the historic battels to come at my PC :eek:

As for Hitler not being included, I understand its not in the german version (law) but all other counties; I think Fraxis did puss out.
Anyway, who cares as long as talentet dudes like Dale give players the posibility to play as they see fitting, you just have to invest 5 mins and use google or worse;) For me, as a german, it would be sucky to play with Papen 1939 and later;)

@Dale: I guess your "mod mod" will work only with the english install and i've read that you do some translation work, so if thats true and you need some help with german just tell me.

cheers

Top Bottom