Civ4 PBEM

cass, you can set the smtp, username and password, but nothing else. No one I've encountered has had any luck with any free email services as yet.

Okay fellow fledgling empires, I've just made my first turn and have sent it on to Saladin!

ummm ok, i'm about to go ahead and send on my game but there is a little problem i think. it says that there is another civilization in the game that is called "fierceseaman" a russian, and that i am "Seaman" the arabian. i dunno what happened but did someone accidentally put me in the game twice? if so we kind of need to restart the game. let me know what is up.

I sent my turn on to Rupe, but I'd really like the whole fierceseaman/Seaman thing explained. I think we are going to have to start again.

Uh...I dunno I think I put in everything correctly. I will take a look at it asap.

When I was playing it had KOLYANA listed twice ... I think - when you set up the game Kevinicus - the first slot is set as "DEFAULT PROFILE" or something, which - on your computer - would show you. So happily you've added everyone else and sent the file to me.

Catch is, on my computer the DEFAULT is KOLYANA, and this is what showed up. Without a doubt, it's a bug, but perhaps we could get around it by specifically naming the first player slot? (I'm assuming that's the issue).

Well as long as it doesn't influence gameplay it shouldn't be that critical.

just so you know email servers that dont require you to verfiy identity before sending out emails on your behalf are referred to as a open relay and are looked down upon greatly in the IT field. just think of it as a way to hide who you are when sending out spam emails thats why you have had such a hard time find email servers that work.

here's to hoping they tweak the pbem system since adding email account info functions should be a snap.

everything ok out there? I still haven't received my turn yet. I will be gone till late tonight after this message. It seems the starter motor on my scooter needs to be fixed ( luckily i can still kickstart but my bad knee makes that a painful proposition).

It is either hanging by Rupe or Traxis. :/

Well, if anyone is interested in joining a PBEM, here is the place. Just take the place of Rupe and change your details.

I repeat: Looking for a new player to replace a spot (or even two spots... >:/ )

Once again, we are in need of a new player!!

We haven't even had one turn ^^
Seaman, resend to Dakhor and Dakhor you send to podbevna!
Thanks! :)

Top Bottom