Civ4 Realism Mod (Extended Gameplay and tweaks)

mancloz said:
played the game all night, its great. however it keeps crashing at the same point in the game. sometime towards the end of the medieval period i recieve a great trader, one turn later the games shuts down, no error messagres or anythin. i reload, get to the same point and bam.does it again. tried it a few times, even turned all memory intensive apps of, but to no avail. ill have to start again now

I'm not sure what would cause it to crash there. Is this a CTD? Have you enabled Python debug messages?

In your Civ4.ini file:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

If you set it to 0, then you will get popups when there are Python exceptions. There are some already that are not killers, so you can just ignore those.

--Kristine

[to_xp]Gekko said:
I've just tried it out running 1.52. Awesome work, btw. might I suggest to include in it the "lots of promotions" mod? (can't remember the name)

however, here's a clear bug: rocketry and nuclear reactor technologies are available for research from the very start. it seems they have no prerequisites or something. keep up the good work! :goodjob:

The Promotions and Traits mod is one I'm considering adding.

As for the tech tree bugs, yes, they are there, even though each tech has pre-req's indicated in the XML code. For the time being, mmmm, live with it? :)

--Kristine

KGrevstad said:
The Promotions and Traits mod is one I'm considering adding.

As for the tech tree bugs, yes, they are there, even though each tech has pre-req's indicated in the XML code. For the time being, mmmm, live with it? :)

--Kristine
living with it is what I'm going to do. I just pointed that out since it seemed kinda easy to fix, but maybe my programming ignorance tricks me. thanx for the 0.62 update which came out so hastily btw. I'm looking forward to see this become a must-have mod for anyone ;)

EDIT: some other suggestions. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=151020 this interface mod pack seems just too good to pass out, as it doesnt change any gameplay aspects. Also, I recommend you check out dearmad's seemingly dead mod to see if some interesting changes there would be nice here too. jaynus did that already in the 0.6 version. ;)

First off let me say great work on this mod. I have really enjoyed it.

However, not sure if you are aware of this problem or not, but the game crashes to desktop after the completion of researching scientific method. After making sure this was the problem and searching the forums it appears that Lost Wonders Mod is not compatible with the latest patch, v1.52. I am assuming that is what is causing the issue.

Python was running but was of no help.:confused:

-edited, version correction

KGrevstad, could not it be that a new thread is started with your newish mod?
It would be easier to follow things with a first post kept updated...

Otherwise, keep up the great work! :goodjob:

i dont think it is 1.52 issue, as the exact same happened to me using 1.09! i was really gutted as this is my strongest game so far!:king:

ok it just crashed again and it had nothing to do with the tech's researched this time!

look at this funny bug ^^ (0.62 - 1.52)
Huhu!

Thanks for your astonishing mod !!! (that was exactly what i seeked for)

Attachments

• bugrealism.JPG
    bugrealism.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 502
ok....how come i cannot update to 1.52? It says there needs to be a previous version installed?!?!

Wraths said:
it appears that Lost Wonders Mod is not compatible with the latest patch, v1.52. I am assuming that is what is causing the issue.

I haven't seen that information. Do you have a link for that? I have not recently played a game into the later game stages so I haven't run into this problem. And you say you were running with Python exception messages enabled?

V. Soma said:
KGrevstad, could not it be that a new thread is started with your newish mod? It would be easier to follow things with a first post kept updated...

I wanted to shake out a few bugs before I brashly exposed myself and my work to the harsh glare of a new thread. :)

roofio86 said:
i dont think it is 1.52 issue, as the exact same happened to me using 1.09! i was really gutted as this is my strongest game so far!

Are you saying you're playing my version of this mod with v1.09? I don't think that's such a good thing to be trying. :eek:

dbkblk said:
look at this funny bug ^^ (0.62 - 1.52)

If you look upwards a few posts, you will note that this tech tree bug has already been reported. It is funny, though, to be able to research nuclear reactor and rockets back in the ancient ages!

If anyone has any insight into this CTD problem, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

--Kristine

KGrevstad said:
Are you saying you're playing my version of this mod with v1.09? I don't think that's such a good thing to be trying. :eek:

--Kristine

LOL I've noticed, its always crashing! That's why im trying to update! ;)

Try with the recent 1.52 nocd from GCW! it might solves your pb ?

err ok...when i try the crack i get _binksetvolume@12 error...apparently it only occurs in pirated versions of the game but mine is just a copy of the original, so i can have one cd at home and one at uni hehe

This is where they are talking about needing to update Lost Wounders to work with the new patch. First page of the thread says compatible with earlier verison.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=143251&page=3

I am pretty sure this is my issues because of the following test.

Didnt matter weather I descovered the tech or the AI it would crash to Desktop

If loaded thru world builder it would crashed to desktop.

Started new game loaded all techs to everyone except the one in question and when it was descovered it again would crash to desktop.

If i am wrong please let me know so i can find another reason. Python exception messages was enabled. I remmber this because I was and am getting the exceptions if the map is regenerated.

P.S. i have yet to try and reistall everything and see what happens, hoping not to have to do that

Hey i can help to translaste the xml to French language (i'm doing this now).
EDIT: I think, i will finish to translate tomorrow)

The whole into the Text Folder ! I'm near to finish !
I will send you a word document with all my changes and theirs exact positions. And also the xml translated ! ok ?
EDIT: I make this for you won't have to be tired in pasting it ^^

Wraths said:
but the game crashes to desktop after the completion of researching scientific method.

I have reached that point in my current game, and it crashed. I was not researching Scientific Method, but I was close and I knew that Vicky was a trifle further advanced than I. So I went back a couple of years and added the tech for myself, went into the Scientific Advisor to check and then back out and then the game crashed. Further research (no pun intended) showed that it would crash whenever ANY tech of the Industrial age and beyond was added. Process of elimination has determined that it's the Nuclear Reactor tech that is at fault. Now I just have to find out why! :)

--Kristine

Top Bottom