Civ4 Realism Mod (Extended Gameplay and tweaks)

hm when loading erendirs version i got an error:

Tag: GAMESPEED_REALISM in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: Interface/CIV4WorldPickerInfos.xml

and the speed in the game is now epic and not realstic any more :/
edit: hmhm and when starting the game civ 4 crashes

Regards

hm....

try to use CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml from original mod...
Your ..\MODS\Realism\Assets folder should contain 31 files, 4.26 MB (4 475 643 Bytes)

I'm thinking about update to 1.52.....
I prepare me morally...
(And i'm working on one program for civ4...)

Hello
I would like add to this on-going mod.

1st:
I thought abeverat ideas about nukes is a great idea

2nd:
pneumatic-Hamme idea about workers is another great idea

3rd:
I think seiges are not very affective.

I think if you get 1 unit (boat or person) around every tile next to the city it should cut of all resources to that city.

The units inside the city should slowly lose health. The speed being determind by the amount of units and the units abilities.

Make seigeing an ability.

4th:
Update future tech

Add lasers from statilletes

A unit with lasers

*don't know if this is possible but seems really cool*
Make a moon and be able to put cities on it.

Updated the settler every time you go through an era so it doesn't look like an anicent settler when your in the 1800's. Let the city start bigger and have some already stuff bulit in it like market and basic stuff from the earlier era.

ADD MORE TECH

srry spelling errors it is like 2 am and it can't sleep without posting my ideas

make comp. whit 152. I give the one a kiss:) ....

Changelog:

Code:
update to patch v1.52 by Erendir

= Formation mod from my previous update...
= Heal Rates: 3/10/16/22 enemy/neutral/friendly/city. It was so, i only documented it... (original: 5/10/15/20)
* GlobalWarming set back (20 - original value - instead of 0 - realism value)
* Because in 1.52 Free Speech has Low Upkeep: War Weariness set to 10 (instead of 25 in Realism 0.6)
* Organized Religion culture bonus reduced to 10% (instead of 20% in realism)
* Pacifism great person rate reduced to +50% (instead of 125% in realism). (It has already +100% great person for cities with state religion!)
* Barb persent reduced to 170 (from 210 in realism)
* Nuclear Reactor tech costs now 6000 (was 4375 in realism)
=* "- All Technologies in ren, ind, modern, and future era increased by 25% cost across the board" => i've modified these techs costs with factor 1.25 (+25%). (MODERN_TECH now costs 12500...)
   It is in RenIndModFutX1.25CIV4TechInfos.xml
* Because of changes in 1.52 (increase of many tech costs), i've created also a .xml, where only tech costs of ERA_RENAISSANCE increased by 25%
   It set by default. 
! I didnt test it!!!
= "- Swordsmen and Praetorian [...] cost 10 more hammers" -> 50 and 55 now
* removed Swordsmen +15% defence bonus vs Archers. Why should it be???
* Raised Jaguar jungle defence to +50% (from +25%)
* Axeman costs again his 35 hammers
?= <Type>UNIT_AMERICAN_NAVY_SEAL</Type> [...] <Special>SPECIALUNIT_PEOPLE</Special> changed to NONE, as in 1.52
* Nuclear Submarine withdraw chance set to 60% (from 70%), because Flanking I + Flanking II give +10%+20% to withdraw...
~ because of some reason it produces an error, if GAMESPEED_NORMAL isnt defined... Thus normal speed is back.
* some minor changes in texts

so... only about 4 hours of work...

..\MODS\Realism\Assets\ folder: 5,82 MB (6 110 625 Bytes) in 29 files

Attachments

• Realism_update_to_patch_1.52_by_Erendir_part1.zip
    484.1 KB · Views: 289
  • Realism_update_to_patch_1.52_by_Erendir_part2.zip
    468.7 KB · Views: 285
Thank U for your Christmas gift!;)
I felt that I was goin' to go crazy, because I was in a middle of a great game!
I tried to find how to change fonts in the XML files, after I had patched the game, and texts had disapeared. Unfortunately I do not know enough to make this.

The changes, U have made, are totally acceptable! My present game went unrealistic (however I love it;). It is too easy to win by the previous conditions when U are roman. (I usualy use this civ).

Thank U again, and merry Christmas!!!

Is there any interest in seriously reviving this mod? Other than Erendir's patches for 1.09 and 1.52, there hasn't been a new release since Nov. 9. I liked this mod and where it was headed, particularly with all the ideas that have been suggested, but there are several (many) limited mods that I would like to add, like Lost Units, Lost Wonders, some of SD's work (UnitXP, eg), Terraform, Real Fort and many others.

But, there are now some other major mods that already include many of the popular limited mods, so I'm wondering if it's worth the effort to revive this mod or just to start with a different mod. If I were to start with a different mod, I'd be inclined to start with Dearmad's Slower Tech mod.

As was talked about previously, what is the focus of this mod? What is it's essence? Is there something essential that can be abstracted from this mod and added to a new base? Or should work just continue on with this mod?

Anyway, I'm contemplating putting some serious effort into this mod, unless someone else, like Erendir, wants to pick up the ball and run with it. Or perhaps we could put together a collaborative effort.

I'm a long-time programmer (20+ years), so Python and XML don't scare me, but I'm much less knowledgeable about gameplay issues, game balance and all the war/combat/unit stuff.

--Kristine

I was working on a combination mod, using the realism mod as a base. However sine the new patch and with work being so busy I havent had much time to do anything.

Kushan

I installed the update provided a few messages up, and immediately started a game...

On turn 2 all cities on the map expanded to legendary culture status???

What XML setting got messed up?

Tighearnan perhaps it is because you played at normal speed...

It was a small mistake...
I've uploaded xml file, what fixes it. (simply overwrite it)

(settings for culture for normal speed was not there... You dont need to download this fix, if you will not play the mod at normal speed)

Attachments

• Realism_CIV4CultureLevelInfo.zip
    4 KB · Views: 122
If anyone takes over this mod, I would suggest that you rename it or something. I've seen conflicts over mod ownership when someone disappears and then reappears. Although in the case I saw the new owners changed it so thoroughly that there wasn't much question of who had the rights to it, it's best to head these things off at the pass.

Top Bottom