• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ4 Temporary Leave Announcement Thread

We hope U R back in the saddle now? :scan:
We're looking forward to your return & turns. :)

I am back now and apologize (again) to everyone in my games. I ended being hospitalized from an injury early during my time away. I was stuck completely off the grid and didn't get discharged until this morning. I am fine now, for anyone concerned.

Everything waiting on me should be GPS'd now and my play schedule should be more regular for the near future.

Our condolences & good vibes to ya for a quik & complete recovery.

We're glad U R bak to play another day (year?) with us! :thumbsup:

I am back and have played all of my pending turns, sorry again for the delay everyone.

Methinkso, glad ro see you back and well :)

Nighthawk's wife is currently busy adding another member to our glorious species and he is now absent to oversee and support the process.

Thanks!!! It was a false alarm for now... but I'm sure everything will continue soon, so I may disappear for a few days in the near future.

Hello everyone first I would like to congratulate Nighthawk on his soon to be new addition to the family.

Secondly I would like to apologize for the delay on my games and messages, have been really busy lately.

Third and lastly, my brother's graduation is this weekend so I will be away until Sunday. See you all then.

Won't have access to civ until Sunday evening, will play then if not too tired.

Weekends without civ will be actually quite common this summer as I'm going to summer cottage or somewhere else relatively often.

Weekends without civ will be actually quite common this summer as I'm going to summer cottage or somewhere else relatively often.

A cottage in this day and age? It's 2014 for crying out loud, that thing is never going to grow into a town in time!

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Although technically not leave I wanted to post where lots of players will see.

The new update on the steam version of the game where they have taken over the multiplayer has some unintended consequences. I have downloaded the update and now as the BTS game is a different version can no longer open save files from the PBEM games that I am participating in. I have a second machine that is mostly offline so can continue to play these games however others might not be so lucky. Just a warning to all steam users.

I think y'all should go complain in the steam forums about that so they patch it.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Although technically not leave I wanted to post where lots of players will see.

The new update on the steam version of the game where they have taken over the multiplayer has some unintended consequences. I have downloaded the update and now as the BTS game is a different version can no longer open save files from the PBEM games that I am participating in. I have a second machine that is mostly offline so can continue to play these games however others might not be so lucky. Just a warning to all steam users.

Yes, this was very very very annoying :mad:

Anyone knows how to roll back and manually select Steam updates you actually welcome on your machine?

Same issue here. I tried to load a PBEM save and it immediately crashed to desktop.

I just posted on the steam forums. Nobody else had mentioned the PBEM issue yet but there are also a lot of complaints about broken pitboss games because they removed the "direct IP connection" option in multiplayer.

Anyone knows how to roll back and manually select Steam updates you actually welcome on your machine?

I don't know of a way to roll it back but you can prevent individual games from updating by right-clicking them in your library view, click properties, switch to the updates tab and change the always keep up to date with to do not automatically update.

Look on my account page, I have a file similar or what you need

Create a Restore point today and run Redtore to restore your device to anytime prior to this update. I'd then make a copy of all of the Civ folders and paste them again adding pbem before or after that copied folders name. This step will help you preserve the files if it gets auto updated again.

This file will let you run 2 different versions of the game

Edit: use System Restore Wizzard

I had hoped to catch people before others had the same issue... Interestingly in PBEM games that I have created (I am doing 2 1v1 games with others on here) even though the other chaps don't have the steam version we can still carry on and both load the game fine as we pass turns back and forth. Gives hope that a simple fix should not be too much of a problem.

Look on my account page, I have a file similar or what you need

Create a Restore point today and run Redtore to restore your device to anytime prior to this update. I'd then make a copy of all of the Civ folders and paste them again adding pbem before or after that copied folders name. This step will help you preserve the files if it gets auto updated again.

This file will let you run 2 different versions of the game

Edit: use System Restore Wizzard

I downloaded your file but can't understand how to get it to work. Do I create a folder in the mods section of BTS with duplicates of all the old files? This is all so irksome...

Top Bottom