• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ4 Temporary Leave Announcement Thread

To anyone who is still having problems with Civ IV multiplayer since the update, 2k has released an official solution here which will allow you to revert the game to the previous version.

I am going to have to take a temporary leave of absence here from 7/11 to about 8/5 for multiple surgeries but because of the pain medicine I'll be taking during this period, besides I've been playing pbem games almost everyday for more than 10 years now without a significant break.

This is definitely temporary but much needed.

Currently I am in these games;

8-qualizer BOOTCAMP
Spoiler :
This is a team game, I am currently behind and one of my brand new UNDEFENDED city was razed by a barbarian (grumble). It is a "Game of Thrones" theme an I am currently Role Playing here

After the Launch
Spoiler :
A super unique game I'm hosting, It is an end of game scenario about launching your spaceship but with a twist, the goal is to protect your progress from others challenging to launch before you and/or team (lots of details)

Back to Back
Spoiler :
Team game, new to me as I just replaced a player. I am HRE in the Exploration and settlement part of this early game

Civilization IN SPACE!
Spoiler :
Final Frontier Plus mod required I am "Paradise", I am climbing the scoreboard, middle of the group. Went for a strong defense and now expanding. not much exploring yet because "Space Pirates" are very strong

Crazytown
Spoiler :
As the title suggests this game is very crazy and unique and anything goes, Wheat on Tundra, Jungle on Desert etc. Its Modern age on a small map with 7 other players. Being so close together resources or the lack of resources could change the status from player to player at any time

Earth 1000
Spoiler :
Just 1405 AD as Tokugawa. Lots of Historical Victory conditions (1 completed). Very strong stance with lots of possibilities

Give me 18, but not on Earth
Spoiler :
Giant game, about 20 cities, Palace relocated on an exclusive continent, lots of units and workers. Will be sailing the World very soon:D

Hub Always War
Spoiler :
This is an "All at War" Hub map. Currently engaging, defending and exploring. Game on pause due to the Steam effect

NavalWar
Spoiler :
This is an "All at War" island game very cool naval battles, requires much strategy, send your units to attack and you get attacked simultaneously

oliver's Game (FFH2 2player game)
Spoiler :
Fall from Heaven II Mod required. Early game in expansion mode but defense a priority because there are so many FFH2 Barbarians that exploration is scary

Olympus (currently paused)
Spoiler :
Absolutely Awesome game but currently paused. This is a Dungeon Master controlled game with quests and tons of enemy abound, very strategic

Triumvirate Uprising
Spoiler :
Mongols and India, both at War with Persia (haha), very very fun game!

Writing_in_Gunpowder
Spoiler :
Another game I'm hosting, I am France, all is well here but I am without Religion, this game concept is geared towards Diplomacy and intrigue, it is moderately early and I have met almost all players and AIs. All is quiet but still very interesting

I am always glad to fill a position of a game that has lost a player, because games are to be played for the many. I hope I can find a SUB for all games that isn't already in that game except team games where If possible my Teammate can take my turns during this short period.

Please PM me and I'd be glad to. give more details on each game. if you have my email use it because it is much easier for me
Shoulder, neck, and kneel all at the same time, oh and a vasectomy ;)

I'm keeping Next War myself and ask these players to allow a slow pace (really the current pace would stay the same, as it would be my only game.

Wait, you are gone for six months? :eek:

Its AMerican, not EUropean date. 7/11 to about 8/5 means 3-4 weeks in July-August ;)

Well that's a messed up way to put a date.

Wait until you forced to read temperature with 180 degrees of Fahrenheit representing 100 degrees of Celsius. Or measure lengths and masses in units multiples of 12 and 16, not 10 :crazyeye: Oh wait, when we talk masses -- they talk weights. Slug is British unit of mass, not pound (unit of weight). Ever heard of slugs? :lol:

Anyways, Eclipse I am ready to replace you in 2(two) any games of your choice. Just PM me and the host(s).

Well that's a messed up way to put a date.

Wait until you hear about this crazy system for measuring things in something called feet and inches that became obsolete years ago... And lets not even get started on weights that make drug calculations for medicines a nightmare! :p

Crosspost with above - tbf it's worse in the UK. We half and half everything, yet anyone born later than 1980 has only been brought up taught in metric. Makes things really confusing.

11/7 to 5/8 looks backwards to me but for those you that prefer it, here you go.
As I said I expect I'll be rather uncomfortable with one arm in a sling, a neck brace and a pair of crutches to walk :(
Each issue has progressively worsened mostly this year and is guaranteed to get worse, having all 3 surgeries near the same time period is not recommended but for me (my job) it is best.

Please refer to my post above for these games I need a temporary replacement for
Thank you

In 9gag when someone say something about height in inches and feets, the inavoidable question that follow is "How much bananas is this?"

OT: Wish you all the best with the surgery.

11/7 to 5/8 looks backwards to me but for those you that prefer it, here you go.
As I said I expect I'll be rather uncomfortable with one arm in a sling, a neck brace and a pair of crutches to walk :(
Each issue has progressively worsened mostly this year and is guaranteed to get worse, having all 3 surgeries near the same time period is not recommended but for me (my job) it is best.

Please refer to my post above for these games I need a temporary replacement for
Thank you

As I said just pick any two yourself for me. And good luck with all those surgeries :crazyeye:

Yes best wishes with the surgery. 3 in so short a period. Makes sense I suppose but still wow.

if no other volunteers I could take 'Give me 18, but not earth' and/or 'Writing in gunpowder'.

I am going to have to take a temporary leave of absence here from 7/11 to about 8/5 for multiple surgeries but because of the pain medicine I'll be taking during this period, besides I've been playing pbem games almost everyday for more than 10 years now without a significant break.

Currently I need help playing these turns;

After the Launch
Spoiler :
A super unique game I'm hosting, It is an end of game scenario about launching your spaceship but with a twist, the goal is to protect your progress from others challenging to launch before you and/or team (lots of details)

Back to Back
Spoiler :
Team game, new to me as I just replaced a player. I am HRE in the Exploration and settlement part of this early game

Civilization IN SPACE!
Spoiler :
Final Frontier Plus mod required I am "Paradise", I am climbing the scoreboard, middle of the group. Went for a strong defense and now expanding. not much exploring yet because "Space Pirates" are very strong

Crazytown
Spoiler :
As the title suggests this game is very crazy and unique and anything goes, Wheat on Tundra, Jungle on Desert etc. Its Modern age on a small map with 7 other players. Being so close together resources or the lack of resources could change the status from player to player at any time

Earth 1000
Spoiler :
Just 1405 AD as Tokugawa. Lots of Historical Victory conditions (1 completed). Very strong stance with lots of possibilities

Please PM me and I'd be glad to. give more details on each game. if you have my email use it because it is much easier for me

Thank you Hercules, Knoedel, Sinimusta, Tiganes for helping me out

After the Launch
Spoiler :

Back to Back
Spoiler :

Civilization IN SPACE!
Spoiler :

Crazytown
Spoiler :

Thank you Ecthelion Hercules, Knoedel, Sinimusta, Tiganes for helping me out

Thanks for the Well Wishes

So, Eclipse, perhaps you want to PM your passwords and links to Tracker to the respective substitutes. They can then obtain their turns from Tracker directly ("View Turns").

I am going to have to take a temporary leave of absence here from 7/8 to about 8/5 for multiple surgeries but because of the pain medicine I'll be taking during this period, besides I've been playing pbem games almost everyday for more than 10 years now without a significant break.

After the Launch
Spoiler :

Civilization IN SPACE!
Spoiler :

Thank you Ecthelion Hercules, Knoedel, Luther, Sinimusta, Tigranes for helping me out

Thanks for the Well Wishes

Eclipse, I hope that all goes well!

Meanwhile, my boss wants me to work... he thinks that just because he pays me I have to work! go figure... so, my Civ will be affected by this during the month of July as I will probably take a bit more time than usual (at least in the more complex games).

Will pnly play irregularly over the next few days because I'm getting drunk off my ass one way or the other.

Top Bottom