1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ6 for iPad

Discussion in 'Civ6 - iPad' started by Phoenix1595, Dec 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Stevanovic

Stevanovic Chieftain

On both Mac and PC I use;
    * More Lenses
    * Better Report Screen
    I’ve tried them both on my iPad without success.

Not being able to get mods to work on my iPad is not much of an issue for me. I’m away from home a fair bit and have played a lot of hours on my iPad without mods.

What will be annoying is if we ever get R&F and I can’t get the Era: No Change Brightness mod working. I really do not like the way Firaxis changes my screen brightness.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  2. Jifanodd

Jifanodd Chieftain

It seems that mods that add custom graphical elements (mainly units or buildings) won't work with iPad. This has propably something to do with how the modding tools create art files and their lack of compatibility with iOS graphic interfaces (or something like that).

It means that mods like MOAR Units and Steel and Thunder Units are not working (atleast fully). I tried Steel and Thunder and found out that most units that are based on vanilla units do work (explorer, longswords, rider/horseman). Some are ok (mortar, although it's spread on 3 tiles). Some hurt your eyes more (gatling, unplayable) or less (trebuchet) badly and some crash the game (cuirassier), didn't go far enough to see how self propelled artillery looks. Also Religion Expanded won't work (fact) as it adds buildings (presumption). Sadly JFD's Rule with Faith won't work either.

I have only tried 1 UI mod (Better Trade Screen) but it's layout went all over the screen and froze the whole game.

On the other hand many mods that only affect gameplay but not visuals work ok. I'm playing with the following set:

8 Ages of Pace
    8 Ages of War
    Adaptive Difficulty
    AI+
    Detailed Worlds (version 1.2)
    Historicity++
    Immersive Dialogue
    Improved Sewers
    Incoming Trade Route Gold
    Quo's Chiefdom Wildcard
    Real Tech Tree
    Rhino's City State Balance v1.1
    Settlers Retreat
    TCS Customizable Warmongering Penalties 1.1
    TCS Improved Aerodrome 1.1
    TCS Improved Forts and Engineers
    TCS Improved Water Yields
    TCS Naval Raiders Ignore Borders
    Tomatekh's Historical Religions

Toussaint's civilizations also seem to work, I'm currently using his Sioux and Zulu civs. Some of JFD's civs load (tested with Italy) but haven't played with it, may have problems with Unique Units? And some of JFD's leaders (Aztec and China) but I also have yet to actually play with them.

Stevanovic and havox79 like this.
  3. Mockingbird

Mockingbird Chieftain

Thanks for the list, a few of which I’m using also. I’ll check these out. On the UI side I’ve been using:

CIVIG (demographics mod)
    Gold Resourse
    Good Goody Huts
    Unit Report Screen

And of course the “ui scale 1” thing

Stevanovic likes this.
  4. Earlybird

Earlybird Chieftain

- Restart Button
    not working

5. jackcharles

jackcharles Chieftain

Joining because I bought an iPad Pro just to buy/play Civ 6; I haven't played it on any platform since I stopped PC gaming a while back and after ~80 hours of Civ 5. Not sure how the game runs/looks/feels on Windows/Mac but the iPad version is certainly hugely playable and the touch controls actually work really well. I enabled retina straight away so not sure if the default is worse.

On the mods discussion, can confirm Better Trade Screen didn't work at all and Production Queue prevented the game loading altogether. TCS Improved Water Yields works as Jifanodd mentions above, and I'm also having success with Diplomatic Total and Quo's Fewer AI Tantrums.

Haven't tried anything else - any recommendations?

Also, am I right in thinking that access to the mod creation environment is dependent on owning the game on Steam?

Thanks

6. Stevanovic

Stevanovic Chieftain

Screen captures allow you to make side by side comparisons. I captured the Trajan loading screen and a zoomed out map of a late game in progress with retina on and off. Fonts were noticeably sharper with retina on but there wasn’t much difference between the map images. Screen resolution was unchanged.

7. havox79

havox79 Chieftain

Thanks for the sharing guys !! :c5happy:

8. Jifanodd

Jifanodd Chieftain

It´s updated with summer and fall 2017 updates! I love my new religion lense, diplomacy screen, gurus and all! I wonder if this brings more compatibility with some mods, some of them are updated to fall 2017 and may require it? Have to try sometime soon. Thanks aspyr, Civ6 on iPad will be stealing even more of my time!

9. Jifanodd

Jifanodd Chieftain

Is it just me or is does anyone else get a big red exclamation mark on Holy Site when you build Dar-e Mehr religous building? The building is added to Holy Site but the HS graphics disappear leaving plain ground and ! shows up. Dar-e Mehr is available as belief building.

10. Mrmyx22

Mrmyx22 Chieftain

Unit Report Screen doesn’t work anymore and seems to interfere with the new game version of the report screen