Civ6 for iPad

If my friend buys Civ VI for the iPad he can play against me yes?

Civ 5 was playable with a touch screen as well, despite the "realistic graphics"

DOOM was ported to the Switch successfully. A lot of software can be ported a lot of different ways with enough time.

The aesthetic style of a game is not an indicator of how difficult it is to create content for it, nor is it an indicator of how demanding those graphics are on your machine. Let's not perpetuate these kinds of things.

But you can still make a good game and have a good port without making it look like friggin Clash of Clans. The older artstyles of civ were far better, and not only that but they keep leaving out features that people actually liked from older games. Heck, some of the features they are "adding" are just things they've had in games past and/or are ripping off of Endless Legend.
Fraxis cannot make good games anymore outside of Xcom

But you can still make a good game and have a good port without making it look like friggin Clash of Clans. The older artstyles of civ were far better, and not only that but they keep leaving out features that people actually liked from older games. Heck, some of the features they are "adding" are just things they've had in games past and/or are ripping off of Endless Legend.
Fraxis cannot make good games anymore outside of Xcom

So says you. I disagree with pretty much everything you said.

On to this port, it's great! Far far better than Civ Rev 2, it seems to be a full blown Civ 6 with a really nice set of controls, which is good because I hated Civ Rev 2's control system and barely played it as a result.

Really, the highlight of the project was making a new branch on Steam for comparison and puzzle Eagle Pursuit a little.

@AspyrRyan, I believe it is a great thing and I didn't expect it at all. I am impressed by it and makes me happy to have this game on iOS. However, as much as I would really love to have it on my new iPad Pro, with all its power and the graphics, I don't know if I can justify it even at 50% off because of the delays you guys have been having on cross platform, the Fall Patch and latest DLC. There is an expansion coming next year as well, so even if I bought it now, I wouldn't be sure when we would be getting the other DLC and the expansion on the iPad, and it wouldn't be fun for me to have a more complete game on MacOS and not so on the iPad. For all this, I seriously request for you guys to reconsider the pricing for those of us who have purchased the game, especially the Deluxe version, on Steam or the Mac App Store and let us know what is the time frame of release of the DLC. I appreciate your response in advance.

I am also intrigued by one of the last sentences that they are looking into it for android and iPhone. But then that is as vague as it gets so who knows if/when that really happens.

Or a new civ rev with meaningful game play and proper ai. Now that would be something that oo :)

But for now promising news.

I have an iPad mini retina and able to play it, but it will give a pop up in the beginning that it is not supported...don’t know how it will handle the load later on down towards the end game, once you have met everyone and cities are sprawling all over the map...

I have a new 12.9 iPad Pro so I’m downloading the game as I write this. It will be interesting to see how successful a full priced high quality game will be. I’ve spent a lot of time looking for decent games to play on this iPad, but apart from xcom wasn’t able to find anything close to top end pc games, presumably because iOS gamers expect to only pay $5, $10 or $15 for a game.

EDIT
Just payed $46 Australian for the game.

Last edited:
$799 for 12.9' display iPad Pro + $59 for Civ VI..........guess I'll have to wait then :)..........but glad its an option.

While I've heard this should be the equivalent of the Spring patch, how is the AI? As we all know it started VERY rough and has gotten almost credible as of the last couple of patches...so would this still be the AI at its extra silly stage?

I have a new 12.9 iPad Pro so I’m downloading the game as I write this. It will be interesting to see how successful a full priced high quality game will be. I’ve spent a lot of time looking for decent games to play on this iPad, but apart from xcom wasn’t able to find anything close to top end pc games, presumably because iOS gamers expect to only pay $5, $10 or $15 for a game.

Same setup I have. Game is fantastic and runs really well. I meant to play a few turns and ended up playing 125. This is a much better port than xcom was, and it was pretty good.

Trying it on a 1st generation iPad Air. The title screen gives a not supported message, and the land terrain features don’t seem to display, but otherwise it seems to run ok. A combination of icons, tool tips and yields helps infer the missing graphics.

The description on the app store is confusing. I'm assuming it wouldn't run on an iPad mini 4...

The fact is Apple's AX processors are now comparable to Intel's on mobile/laptops so it's not surprising Civ VI can run on those devices. Just don't try one of the huge/larger maps :lol:

BTW does the iPad version support mods?

Only if you are also playing on ipad. Cross-platform multiplayer is not functional yet.
That's a real shame. I might have to advise my friend not to buy it after all.

Played the demo which is 60 turns and only as China. Runs really well on my iPad Air 2. Seems just like the PC version. Nice graphics and the touch screen works pretty well. I have touch screen on my laptop and play Civ VI that way so it was an easy transition. Pretty impressed, to be honest.

They want $39.99 for the full game. I’ll think about it. :)

Top Bottom