1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ6 for iPad

Discussion in 'Civ6 - iPad & iPhone' started by Phoenix1595, Dec 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. lindsay40k

lindsay40k Chieftain

NGL if they made a Switch version with Waluigi as a playable leader I’d throw at them whatever sum they asked for #waaah

God of Kings likes this.
  2. KWagle

KWagle Chieftain

I can't find a save option. Is this missing entirely or just a feature you have to pay for?

3. Maquis

Maquis Chieftain

I downloaded and played through the demo on my iPad mini 4. May be a bit sluggish, but it works. I played through the 60 turns with no problems. Now I just need to decide if I pull the trigger while it's 50% off. :sad:

4. Bechhold

Bechhold Chieftain

Have an Ipad Pro and think I'll hold off seems there is some kinks to work out. That and a part of me suspects that patches, and fixes will be a longer wait than those of us on the PC have to endure.

5. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I'm just not willing to purchase a game I already own just to play it on another device.

6. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

My wife is looking to get a new ipad. If she gets a compatible one, and Aspyr gets cross-platform multiplayer working, I might buy the ipad version for my wife and/or oldest son to play with me.

7. rastak

rastak Chieftain

The 60 turn demo doesn't have a save since it's just 60 turns. The full game you can save anytime.

8. criZp

criZp Warlord

Not sure why you need to save in a short demo.

9. donald23

donald23 Chieftain

The video shows the actual 3D graphics, but is the strategic view available as well?
    Might be able to play bigger maps when using that.

10. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

It would be funny if Sean Bean were to say, "Too bad. Waluigi Time!"

Oh, and to clarify on my earlier post about potential Nintendo civs, Bean would not pronounce King Dedede's name correctly.

lindsay40k likes this.
  11. iamliberal

iamliberal Chieftain

Is there a way to move a save game from Mac to iPad??

12. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Would it be possible to replace leader rendering with a video of the animation? It would presumably by way less graphically intense, and allow full quality appreciation of the leaders.

13. EricTheGreat12

EricTheGreat12 Chieftain

Don’t worry about it they said; the graphics are great and they won’t bring the game to IOS they said...

I’m fine with bringing a Civ game to IOS, but these crappy graphics are only here to make it playable on other devices; what a joke...

This is the Sim City 2013 of the Civ franchise, too bad..

14. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Are you all serious? You do realize that the graphics of VI are more intense than V, right? They chose an art style that looks simpler, perhaps, but the quality of the graphics themselves are vastly superior. The fact that this can run on a mobile OS is something that should be recognized as an accomplishment of the OS and hardware being able to support such a quality game, not taken as an indication that they somehow limited the quality of the game.

Honestly, how many of you that claim these are mobile quality, clash of clans graphics have ever actually played that game, and thus can understand that the graphics therein are nothing to compare with VI's? It's only their ads that attempt to make them out to be anywhere near this level.

pgm123, Uberfrog, lindsay40k and 7 others like this.
  15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

So no hope of getting this on a non Apple product? Seriously who still pays money for Apple products? :)

16. OneLastTurn

OneLastTurn Chieftain

One of the devs tweeted that it's using Metal for the rendering, so a straight Android port would have to use the GL renderer from the Mac/Linux versions. Also, there aren't many Android tablets with CPUs and GPUs as good as an A8/A9/A10 - the Shield Tablet was competitive, but only 8" and Nvidia canned it a year ago.

Also, the good side of this being released is that all of Aspyr's brainpower is back on Mac and Linux updates. If they stopped to do an Android version for 6 or 8 months that bet would be off.

iamliberal, Phoenix1595, bbbt and 2 others like this.
  17. Liksomkatt

Liksomkatt Chieftain

I tried 60 turns on my Ipad Air 2 this evening, and it plays really well! The graphics are not at all as good as on my PC, but they scale really well. If you zoom in, all textures have low resolutions, there is no anti-aliasing, the lighting seems simpler, there are no leader animations, the intro video is heavily compressed, and the UI graphics don't look as good as on PC, now that they're zoomed in. The game also doesn't run in the Ipad's native resolution, making everything a bit blurry.

The art style lends itself to scaling, but the PC version looks much, much better. It's great as an Ipad game, though! I'm purchasing it now that I've written this.

18. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

From my experience with the demo, it seems to drain the battery at about twice as fast as my usual usage does (1/3 internet browsing, 2/3 iBooks). Great enough for me to buy it at $30, which is a done deal.

My feet get tired after 2-3 hours of playing on my PC, which I have set up at a standing desk. Keeps me from being as sedentary as I would be otherwise. My iPad games will probably not be epic/huge as they are on the desktop. :scan:

19. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Games are gonna be harsh on the battery unfortunately. Had a laptop that had decent batteries but Civ V would drain it in an hour. A pity since touchscreen civ is better than it sounds.

Too bad there is no touchscreen optimized vi but maybe that can be a thing though I have no mobile device that could handle 6

20. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Civ kills the batteries on my Surface too. It gets really hot as well.