Civ6 for iPad

Yes the only mod am using is working perfectly ( combat and stacking overhaul mod)

More content coming for the iPad. It'll cost you, though...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today saw the release of two new expansions to download for the iPad version, the Viking Scenario Pack and the Polish Civilization Pack. Want to know what each one brings to the table? Of course you do:

Firaxis wrote:
Bring Europe under your rule as the mightiest Viking lord in the most detailed scenario released yet for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI. The Viking Scenario Pack also includes three new Natural Wonders and six new City-States, two of which grant new tile improvements.

Includes six new City-States:
-Auckland (Industrial): Additional production for Coastal tiles.
-Antananarivo (Cultural): Culture bonus that increases with every Great Person earned.
-Armagh (Religious): Builders can construct the Monastery improvement, which provides Faith and heals religious units.
-Granada (Militaristic): Builders can construct the Alcazar improvement, which protects military units and provides Culture.
-Muscat (Trade): Bonus Amenities in cities with a Commercial Hub.
-Palenque (Scientific): Improved City growth for cities with a Campus.

Play as a great ruler of the Dark Ages in the “Vikings, Traders, and Raiders!” Scenario:
-100 Turn Scenario, from 787 to 1087
-Play as Harald Hardrada of Norway, King Canute of the Danes, or Olof Skotkonung of Sweden.
-Launch a naval invasion of England, conquer Paris, find Vinland with an explorer, or sail through Gibraltar and raid the Mediterranean Sea.
-Build a trade empire and profitable cities, or spread a religion and gain Faith for your people.
-Includes special art assets for leaders.

Three new Natural Wonders:
-Eyjafjallajökull
-Lysefjord
-Giant’s Causeway

The Viking Scenario Pack will run you a cool $5 via IAP. The Polish Civilization Pack coming up:

Firaxis wrote:
Jadwiga rules Poland in Sid Meier's Civilization VI!
Religious and expansionist, Poland can gain control of other civ's tiles when they fortify their borders, and Jadwiga makes Relics more valuable and Holy Sites more effective. A new scenario is also included: stand at the crossroads of Europe protecting the fertile Polish homelands from those who would seize it to empower themselves. Can you stand as a bulwark against this threat?

Includes the complete Polish civilization with Jadwiga, Winged Hussar unique Unit, and Sukiennice unique Building:
-Poland’s “Golden Liberty” unique ability allows them to gain territory when they build a Fort or Encampment, even allowing them to steal territory from other civs! They also convert a Military Policy slot into a Wildcard slot, giving them extra flexibility in culture.
-Jadwiga allows you to spread your religion to the nearby city when you gain another civ’s territory with Golden Liberty. Her relics provide bonus Faith, Culture, and Gold.
-The famous Winged Hussar is strong on the attack and can push back defending units.
-The Sukiennice, or Cloth Hall, gives bonus Production from foreign Trade Routes, and Gold from internal Trade Routes.

Play as a great Polish noble lord in the “Jadwiga's Legacy” Scenario:
-60 Turn limit.
-Defend Poland, Prague, and Vienna from invaders including the Teutonic Knights and Ottoman Turks.
-Gain glory in battle and prove yourself the greatest defender of Poland.

The Polish pack is also available via a $5 IAP.

If neither of these trip your trigger, then there's also the free Multiplayer Compatibility Pack in the IAP section of the app. This will allow you to play in multiplayer games even if you didn't fork over for the new content, you ol' Scrooge McDuck, you.

The big takeaway from all this is that Aspyr appears to be willing to support the iPad version of the app and, who knows, maybe someday we'll have the PC/Mac/Linux and iPad versions all on the same page. One can dream, can't they?

- Civilization VI for iPad, free (full unlock $30, which is 50% off full price)
- Civilization VI for PC/Mac/Linux via Steam, $60

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/74073/app-news-stone-age-advances-ios-11-age-medici-upda

Hmmm...game does not launch now and I can’t seem to purchase the dlc. Not sure what is going on. :nono:

Hmmm...game does not launch now and I can’t seem to purchase the dlc. Not sure what is going on. :nono:
Is it the first time u buy the DLC ? If so the game needs to update and when u finish the update u will need to restart it and it will download resources first then once it’s finished the game should start and in additional content u will find the In App purchase

You have to update the App to get the in-App purchase option. That said, if the App won’t launch then maybe there is a forced update mechanism?

You have to update the App to get the in-App purchase option. That said, if the App won’t launch then maybe there is a forced update mechanism?

Civ VI is listed as having been updated 2 days ago.

It said that it updated so I figured it had done that for me. Will try to figure out what’s going on.

Edit: Alright, it was my iPad that needed to update. After that, everything is working fine. I look forward to attempt a pillage victory with Norway. :p

Last edited:
Looks like Australia is incoming. The patch notes say it's being added, though it's not in the app yet.

I enjoy playing on iPad, but now that Rise & Fall has been out on Mac, I don't want to play on iPad. Grrr, feel like I spend all my time waiting for civ releases on one platform or another.

Australia is live! with updates to other DLC

Can someone post the mods which have been confirmed to be running on iOS ... including links where to find them?

Can someone post the mods which have been confirmed to be running on iOS ... including links where to find them?
The best is to try by yourself and share your result here. (which mod works or not, if not what bugs did you have, which what version ect...)
I made a list for the release version in this thread but that's probably outdated now with the number of updates.
It's sad that people don't share what mods they've tried, a lot of people thanks me for my list but no one share theirs... and I'm pretty sure a lot of people have try some mods... or maybe they just wait for another people to do the work...
It's pity because I'm pretty skilled now on how make mods compatible iOS if they're not but I can't help if no one share what they've tried.
Personally I don't play the iOS version for the time being, but when I will go back to I will share my must have modlist and the tweaks to make works. :)

The best is to try by yourself and share your result here. (which mod works or not, if not what bugs did you have, which what version ect...)
I made a list for the release version in this thread but that's probably outdated now with the number of updates.

Hi havox,
That’s a good idea and I will always try to share my experiences and knowledge with the community.
Before I do that I’am just curious if there is some kind of table where we can post all the information to have a better overview? Something like the table which Stevanovic showed me..

The only Mod I play with is combat and stacking overhaul and works well without any problems

I would love to play on my iPad, but I play with SO MANY mods, like dozens, and with the iPad, you are pretty much limited to vanilla, and I hate that idea. :)

So far I have tried the following mods without success
- production queue,
- more lenses and
- chaos UI

.. Since I don't have the steam version for civ 6 on my mac, I was wondering if I still can get the mods from the steam workshop.. I couldn't find any downloads options

Top Bottom