Civ6 HoF and 6otM? Is this the end?

Falabello

Prince
Hello all! I'm sad because of this! Yes, I'm sure the admins have their own lives, but things are changing...

I stopped playing Civ4 because of switch to Windows 10 and Steam. So, no more Vanilla and Warlords, just BTS. But, as a medium player, and language, and other things, I jumped to Civ6. Had the Civ5 but just a couple games...

Where do I want to go? Civ4 was the best! And had (still have) a nice and cool tabels of HoF and GOTM. Besides that, GOTM (still) has the Pantheon of Heroes and Global Rankings and it's still part of the main page GOTM3 and GOTM4...

I followed Civ5, but Hof wasn't the same anymore... Also, not included in GOTM page. And now, Civ6...

Sure, when HoF arrives, it will be less the Civ5 and Civ4... And 6otM is being forgotten, slowly... Results and Congrats no longer matter as they used to! We're playing 6otM 14 and no results for 6otM 8, 10, 11... Participants are decreasing...

It's just an idea! Why not take back the same tables, and Eptathlons... I'm sure that the Admins, they know what I'm talking about! I miss my Civ4 time, but I will not be back ...:sad:

We are planning a Civ6 Hall of Fame but it's still very early in the development cycle so we don't have the necessary tools yet, in the meantime we are running beta HOF Gauntlets which you are welcome to participate in.

Moderator Action: Moved to Hall of Fame Forum --NZ

Is it still only Gauntlets? No Hall of Fame? Even an imperfect one would be better than none, so maybe I am just uninformed?

Is it still only Gauntlets? No Hall of Fame? Even an imperfect one would be better than none, so maybe I am just uninformed?
We are dependent on the Game Reader and AlanH has been tied up with two sets of elections here in the UK.

I don't know what his job is, but if it's predicting the outcome, he should stick to HoF!

Hi friend :salute:! No. Your not! There's no Civ6 HoF... And the GOTM is slowly!

Just to update: in the OP I told this - We're playing 6otM 14 and no results for 6otM 8, 10, 11... Participants are decreasing... Now we are in the 6otM 17 and yet no results :(!

I saw that you are playing Civ4 participattively! I have one great frustration when I was playing it: Not to get the Warlords's Eptatlhon... I'm still 4/6, and the game is still alive :sad:... Besides an old version, but I liked and really wanted this award! Who knows I start and old PC version and back to 4 :crazyeye:! Hey! There's an explanation: few players and BOTM would be impossible :lol:! But in the end, I would feel myself quite happy with this achievement :rockon:!!!...

So, here, in Civ6, it seems there's no motivation to play... And this is worse for new players, who can abandon it for lack of enthusiasm! I can say that because it was I felt like I first entered Civ4 and found all those tables in HOF and GOTM! Wow, how many challenges? This is where I want to learn and play! In the beginning it was very difficult to understand so many tables, even more not being knowledgeable of the language! But then, what was meant to be just a game, began to take on a new meaning - a real challlenge, with players from all over the world... It was amazing, incredible...

So, paraphrasing Kcd_swede again: Even an imperfect one would be better than none... :worship:

Is there anyone else with the same feeling? Even playing (or played) Civ5? Civ3.. Civ2... ...

You have a Beta. An imperfect HoF would allow fraud/cheating, so would be worse than nothing.

You have a Beta. An imperfect HoF would allow fraud/cheating, so would be worse than nothing.
A Beta HOF6? Where is that?
How is the situation for Civ6 different from Civ5? As I understand, the Civ5 has no security mod either. And the Civ5 HoF did give me purpose in playing, so as much as I thought it a huge step back from Civ4 HoF, it was imo... better than nothing.

Top Bottom