Civ6 Live stream in 12 mn (3PM EST)

Ed just said Settlers have +1 sight range.

I think this is a great change. It should help the player find the best city spots and avoid those unfortunate situations where you place a city one tile too far from the perfect spot because you could not see the luxuries right on the edge of your visibility.

I think this is a great change. It should help the player find the best city spots and avoid those unfortunate situations where you place a city one tile too far from the perfect spot because you could not see the luxuries right on the edge of your visibility.

He was joking about how sadistic this choice was, because you'd second guess now if you should check just one more tile over. :lol:

"maybe" the technology for knights helps you unlock the Chivalry civic. Unit stacking (armies, etc.) unlocked in civics tree. Archaeology unlocked in civics tree (sounds the same as in Civ V - digging up artifacts generated from past battles).

Ed B said that there is some interaction between tech tree and civic tree. For example tech for knights units helps you unlock "chivalry" civic.

Maybe means Chivalry eureka is research that tech or build a few knights.

in the video a pikeman is created at the encampment instead of the city. military units can be built before the encampment is built (i think?) so i wonder how its spawn location is decided once you have the city and the encampment

in the video a pikeman is created at the encampment instead of the city. military units can be built before the encampment is built (i think?) so i wonder how its spawn location is decided once you have the city and the encampment

It was speculated what only basic units could be built without encampment.

I'd assume that all units simply spawn in the encampment once it's active, anything else really wouldn't make sense. Why would you continue to train your basic soldiers in your city when you have a place that is specifically designed to train them?

I'd assume that all units simply spawn in the encampment once it's active, anything else really wouldn't make sense. Why would you continue to train your basic soldiers in your city when you have a place that is specifically designed to train them?

Hear, hear. This is exacly what I'm expecting.

It was speculated what only basic units could be built without encampment.

I think we can confirm that now. If you look at the build queue for a new city that does not have an encampment, we see following units:
- settler
- builder
- scout
- warrior
- slinger

So those would units that are built in the city center without an encampment. So the basic initial units are built without an encampment. I am thinking that military units more advanced than that warrior and the slinger are built at the encampment.

I think we can confirm that now. If you look at the build queue for a new city that does not have an encampment, we see following units:
- settler
- builder
- scout
- warrior
- slinger

So those would units that are built in the city center without an encampment. So the basic initial units are built without an encampment. I am thinking that military units more advanced than that warrior and the slinger are built at the encampment.

I'm expecting all units to be built in the city, but for them to spawn in the encampment (once the district is built).

Edit: I'm referring to military units, of course.

I'm expecting all units to be built in the city, but for them to spawn in the encampment (once the district is built).

Well all units are built from a build queue that comes when you click on the city center. Even more advanced units that spawn from the encampment will still be built by selecting them in the build queue from the city center. But I doubt that a settler or trader will spawn from an encampment after it is built. The encampment is a military district so it would only apply to military units. Civilian units should still spawn at the city center.

Well all units are built from a build queue that comes when you click on the city center. Even more advanced units that spawn from the encampment will still be built by selecting them in the build queue from the city center. But I doubt that a settler or trader will spawn from an encampment after it is built. The encampment is a military district so it would only apply to military units. Civilian units should still spawn at the city center.

Of course, that is what I meant. I was referring to military units, although my post was far from clear. (edited now)

i think its more an anti-barb thing

The thing I wonder: if your Encampment is destroyed are your units spawned in the city center or are you incapable of producing units until the Encampment is fixed?

wow. Ed B said that the game remembers where battles took place in the early game and marks it for archaeology later. So archaelogy sites will actually be the same location as a past battle that a civ fought.

It was supposed to work like that in V. It didn't though. I don't know maybe it works for some people :crazyeye: but I'm pretty sure it does not at all and it's just BS. Locations are completely random, with battles with city states that never even were anywhere near that tile, and allegedly razed cities of civilizations that too never even walked anywhere near that tile.

The thing I wonder: if your Encampment is destroyed are your units spawned in the city center or are you incapable of producing units until the Encampment is fixed?

My guess would be that you can still spawn all/most military units at the city center, but without the extra experience the buildings in the encampment provide.

My guess would be that you can still spawn all/most military units at the city center, but without the extra experience the buildings in the encampment provide.

I disagree. Military units are spawned at the encampment. The rules would be inconsistent if before an encampment is built, you can't build these units, after the encampment is built, you can build them but if your encampment is destroyed, you can suddenly build them in your city center.

My guess is that if an encampment is destroyed then that city can no longer build military units. You have to rebuild the encampment or "fix it" with a builder to build military units again from that city.

This would make encampments big targets since you could attack the encampments first to cripple the enemy's military production. I think this makes sense.

It was supposed to work like that in V. It didn't though. I don't know maybe it works for some people :crazyeye: but I'm pretty sure it does not at all and it's just BS. Locations are completely random, with battles with city states that never even were anywhere near that tile, and allegedly razed cities of civilizations that too never even walked anywhere near that tile.

I have found there's an issue where if you have a terrain improvement over, then an antiquity site can't spawn, it only spawns on empty tiles.

But because almost any civ will have those terrain tiles filed, it never occurs.

I think there needs to be a minimum number of antiquity sites, so that there's enough for everybody, which means if the game fails to spawn the historical ones it will allocate random ones to random tiles to make up.

Top Bottom