Civ6 Live stream in 12 mn (3PM EST)

Ed just said Settlers have +1 sight range.

Ed B said that there is some interaction between tech tree and civic tree. For example tech for knights units helps you unlock "chivalry" civic.

"maybe" the technology for knights helps you unlock the Chivalry civic. Unit stacking (armies, etc.) unlocked in civics tree. Archaeology unlocked in civics tree (sounds the same as in Civ V - digging up artifacts generated from past battles).

wow. Ed B said that the game remembers where battles took place in the early game and marks it for archaeology later. So archaelogy sites will actually be the same location as a past battle that a civ fought.

wow. Ed B said that the game remembers where battles took place in the early game and marks it for archaeology later. So archaelogy sites will actually be the same location as a past battle that a civ fought.

They said that about Civ V BNW too.

That's the same BNW I think.

Wasn't this already a thing? I'm pretty sure I've found dig sites like that in Civ 5.

Well, let's hope it works this time. That would be a very cool feature.

It worked the last tiem to, but caused issue as it never spawned underneath an already existing improvement.

Given that you're almost encouraged to replace, I'd assume we would see a shuffle of how that works.

"maybe" the technology for knights helps you unlock the Chivalry civic. Unit stacking (armies, etc.) unlocked in civics tree. Archaeology unlocked in civics tree (sounds the same as in Civ V - digging up artifacts generated from past battles).

I think interplay between the two trees is great, but I think it will require a lot of planning for the player.

I guess I forgot about it. I don't seem to remember the game telling me anything about a dig site being a site of an actual in-game battle that was fought.

It never said anything, but the sites seemed to correspond with where things died. For example, under where a barbarian camp used to be, etc.

It never said anything, but the sites seemed to correspond with where things died. For example, under where a barbarian camp used to be, etc.

I think it would be very cool if civ6 had a little pop up that made the connection clearer. Imagine getting a little pop up like "your archaeologists find some spears from the bronze age. They believe our civilization fought a battle here about 3000 years ago"

Top Bottom