Civ6 Live stream in 12 mn (3PM EST)

Yes, instead of clarifying I was by the end confused.

When he described the China we know 3 of the 4 uniques.

His leader ability is the ability to use Builders to rush wonders in Ancient and Classical Era.

His unique ability is the ability for his Builders to have an extra charge. (I've also deicded to play as China first)

His unique infrastructure is the Great Wall.

And his fourh is a mystery.

They seemed to have made the point to describe that Unique Ability/Leader Ability (I think the latter) only covers the Leader's Lifespan (Hence the Ancient and Classical) whilst the other covers the entire game.

That's what I understood too. And for fourth we at least know it's a unique unit.

Yes, instead of clarifying I was by the end confused.

When he described the China we know 3 of the 4 uniques.

His leader ability is the ability to use Builders to rush wonders in Ancient and Classical Era.

His unique ability is the ability for his Builders to have an extra charge. (I've also deicded to play as China first)

His unique infrastructure is the Great Wall.

And his fourh is a mystery.

They seemed to have made the point to describe that Unique Ability/Leader Ability (I think the latter) only covers the Leader's Lifespan (Hence the Ancient and Classical) whilst the other covers the entire game.

Heavy chariot was in the video with China, which was assumed to be China's UU. I don't think that the builders ability has to be split up in 2.

That's what I understood too. And for fourth we at least know it's a unique unit.

:help:

Could someone please clarify how the new "uniques" system works? I was certain it was something like this:

-2 UU
-1 UB OR 1 UI
-1 UA
-Agenda

Now, in case we have more than one leader per Civ, I guess you could describe it as:

For each CIV:
-1 UU
-1 UB or 1 UI
-1 UA

For each Leader:
-1 extra UU / UB / UI
-Agenda

Is this correct? :confused:

This would create MASSIVE balance problems, since Unique Abilities are FAR more useful than mere puny flavour units: wider window of utility + affects more aspects of the game other than the military (not to mention that they are simply more flavourful).

Not necessarily. I think the Keshik or Impi, for example, are more useful than a few UAs. It's just a matter of how strong a UU is. Generally I'd agree with you, but I think Firaxis will take this in to account in balancing.

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread :blush:

Quill 18 is going to San Francisco for a racing game event. So no new civ material there. We just got an info dump. Next thing I expect is gaming articles with one bit of exclusive material in a a few weeks. There are still over 4 months until release and the press will be filled with E3 fallout for awhile.

:help:

Could someone please clarify how the new "uniques" system works? I was certain it was something like this:

-2 UU
-1 UB OR 1 UI
-1 UA
-Agenda

Now, in case we have more than one leader per Civ, I guess you could describe it as:

For each CIV:
-1 UU
-1 UB or 1 UI
-1 UA

For each Leader:
-1 extra UU / UB / UI
-Agenda

Is this correct? :confused:

From the Facebook interview yesterday:

Each Civ:
1 UA (We know nothing about them);
1 UU;
1 UI (As in unique infrastructure, which could be a building, improvement or district);
And at least 1 Leader.

Each Leader:
1 UA (Which could be anything era-related, like Teddy's Rough Riders or Qin's bonus towards ancient and classical wonders);
1 Historical Agenda (AI Only)
1 Hidden, randomized Agenda (AI Only).

Now, I believe both the extra builder and the bonus towards wonders are Qin's UA, not China's; likewise, both the continent combat bonus and the Rough Riders are Teddy's bonus, not America's. I'm not very good at understanding spoken English, though, so here's the link (skip to 28:35): https://www.facebook.com/civ/videos/vb.117631940358/10154143011620359/?type=2&theater

From the Facebook interview yesterday:

Each Civ:
1 UA (We know nothing about them);
1 UU;
1 UI (As in unique infrastructure, which could be a building, improvement or district);
And at least 1 Leader.

Each Leader:
1 UA (Which could be anything era-related, like Teddy's Rough Riders or Qin's bonus towards ancient and classical wonders);
1 Historical Agenda (AI Only)
1 Hidden, randomized Agenda (AI Only).
[/URL]

:hatsoff: Why Thank you, my good sir, that explanation cleared all of my doubts.

Now, I believe both the extra builder and the bonus towards wonders are Qin's UA, not China's;

You are correct. Ed B is very clear that Qin's bonus is the extra charge AND rushing ancient and classical wonders only. He says that China has a separate UA that has not been announced yet. He explains that civ UAs are bonuses that apply to the entire game whereas the leader bonuses are era specific.

One thing I noticed during the stream that nobody has mentioned yet is the Bomber's stats:

Bombard Strength - 80
Melee Strength - 65
Movement - 5/5
Bombard Range - 11

Obviously the numbers themselves might change, but I'm curious as to what the "melee strength" is all about. I don't recall ever hearing of air combat involving planes ramming each other in midair, so I wonder if it'll be used in defense against Interception.
More likely it's what's used it the bomber is attacked by a ground unit.

More likely it's what's used it the bomber is attacked by a ground unit.

So the Bomber would be outside the city ala civ 1,2 (bombers not being attacked by ground units otherwise)?

I would guess more likely defense against fighters (perhaps fighters only have a melee strength)

You are correct. Ed B is very clear that Qin's bonus is the extra charge AND rushing ancient and classical wonders only. He says that China has a separate UA that has not been announced yet. He explains that civ UAs are bonuses that apply to the entire game whereas the leader bonuses are era specific.

But then the extra charge should technically expire when China enters medieval era.

Instead of clarifying anything, Ed, you actually made thigns even more confusing :lol:

It......... does?

It has the Religion Symbo!

It's from the City State article Firaxis did earlier.

Pity. I have not seen that article, nor this picture before. I thought they were trying to be sneaky. ;)

Top Bottom