Civ6 Live stream in 12 mn (3PM EST)

Anyone catch the policy card bonuses?

From a print screen i took:

Military policies

Survey - Double experience for recon units
Discipline - +5 combat strength when fighting barbarians
Retainers - +1 Amenity for cities with a garrisoned unit
Maritime industries - +100% production towards ancient and classical era naval units

Economic policies

Meritocracy - Each city receives +1 culture for each specialty distric it constructs
Caravansaries - +2 gold from all trade routes
Urban planning - +1 production in all cities
Colonization - +50% production towards settlers
Land surveyors - Reduce cost of purchasing a plot by 20%
God King - +1 faith and +1 gold in the capital

Diplomatic policies

Charismatic leader - +2 Influence points per turn towards earning city-state Envoys
Diplomatic league - The first Envoy you send to each city-state counts as two Envoys

Wildcard policies

Literary tradition - +2 great artist points per turn
Revelation - +2 great prophet points per turn
Inspiration - +2 great scientist points per turn

I hope the day/night cycle persists in the game naturally, outside of the wonder videos. It doesn't make sense from a turn-to-turn point aspect, because each turn is indicative or more time passing that a simple day/night.

However, it would be absolutely AMAZING if the day/night dynamically shifts as you are taking the turn itself. Meaning, if you just idled on the map staring at the screen without hitting the end turn button, the time would pass between day and night. So long turns could thematically take more than one "day".

King Jason
One early article talks how they are tweaking it to be customized, like a setting of daytime constantly changing, or setting where it's noon all the time etc.
We need more info to get exact detail. :)

Pretty sure it's going to be UA, 2 UUs, UB/UI. Like USA uniques they revealed.
Ah, forgot about that. I'd rather have a UI for every civ tbh. That way you could take them over (add them to the collection, so to speak ;)), unlike with UUs.

Unfortunately I missed out on some important screenshots including the Diploscreen and the Wonder Build list pre Eiffel Tower. I did see Mont-Saint Michel on the list though which is great!

When are we going to get Qin leaderscreen anyway? I mean, they've only played as him for now, and didn't actually show him properly.

From a print screen i took:
Spoiler :

Military policies

Survey - Double experience for recon units
Discipline - +5 combat strength when fighting barbarians
Retainers - +1 Amenity for cities with a garrisoned unit
Maritime industries - +100% production towards ancient and classical era naval units

Economic policies

Meritocracy - Each city receives +1 culture for each specialty distric it constructs
Caravansaries - +2 gold from all trade routes
Urban planning - +1 production in all cities
Colonization - +50% production towards settlers
Land surveyors - Reduce cost of purchasing a plot by 20%
God King - +1 faith and +1 gold in the capital

Diplomatic policies

Charismatic leader - +2 Influence points per turn towards earning city-state Envoys
Diplomatic league - The first Envoy you send to each city-state counts as two Envoys

Wildcard policies

Literary tradition - +2 great artist points per turn
Revelation - +2 great prophet points per turn
Inspiration - +2 great scientist points per turn
This dampens my enthusiasm quite a bit... These bonuses seem like boring, excel-like pluses and minuses with very little impact -- apart from Colonization, which will be a must-have in every game (unless the map is very small, which would be even worse imo). Hopefully these bonuses are still being worked on before release (or the later ones will be more interesting and powerful).

[/spoiler]This dampens my enthusiasm quite a bit... These bonuses seem like boring, excel-like pluses and minuses with very little impact -- apart from Colonization, which will be a must-have in every game (unless the map is very small, which would be even worse imo). Hopefully these bonuses are still being worked on before release (or the later ones will be more interesting and powerful).

Hard to make a large quantity of interesting/detailed things. I imagine they wanted to have a lot of small but different choices and I can't think of any other way to do it than % modifiers and +X bonuses. I do hope that specific buildings/wonders unlock some cool powerful things though.

Did I understand correctly that Cleo poisons herself if she loses her empire? :dubious: That's pretty dark (and awesome) if it's the case. I wonder if Hideyoshi (or whatever the Japanese leader's name will be) chooses seppuku in the same situation? :D

EDIT: It's kind of at odds with the whole 'bright and cartoony sunshine' graphical style though... Or maybe it actually fits, but in a very twisted fashion. Will have to play the game to find out I guess, but I do like the concept.

For the policy cards remember that those are early ones. Also if they're not crazy enough for you wait about a month and there will be 50 policy mods. A simple thing to change and will be probably be a large focus

[/spoiler]This dampens my enthusiasm quite a bit... These bonuses seem like boring, excel-like pluses and minuses with very little impact -- apart from Colonization, which will be a must-have in every game (unless the map is very small, which would be even worse imo). Hopefully these bonuses are still being worked on before release (or the later ones will be more interesting and powerful).

Well yes the bonuses will be tweaked since we are still 4 months from release. But also I am not sure the bonuses can be too powerful since they are only "social policies", not wonder bonuses.

I don't know what some people expected but these cards look pretty unique and interesting in my opinion.

Edit: Also you see in the screenshot that there is a option called filter, so there may be a lot more policy cards and this little line under the cards suggest that you can scroll but thats just a guess.

Did I understand correctly that Cleo poisons herself if she loses her empire? :dubious: That's pretty dark (and awesome) if it's the case. I wonder if Hideyoshi (or whatever the Japanese leader's name will be) chooses seppuku in the same situation? :D

EDIT: It's kind of at odds with the whole 'bright and cartoony sunshine' graphical style though... Or maybe it actually fits, but in a very twisted fashion. Will have to play the game to find out I guess, but I do like the concept.

You don't see it in the game or anything, but legend has it that she allowed herself to be bitten by a snake.

Top Bottom