1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ6 Live stream in 12 mn (3PM EST)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Gali

Gali Chieftain

A minor note but the Great Prophet points suggests they will be not be earned through faith but GPP like any others. It also raises the specter of unique great prophets. I was shuddering in anticipation of the pissing contests that will ensue over Great Engineer bonus but prophets. Hopefully they stay generic

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Her defeat screen, she says that if she can't embrace her lover, she will embrace an asp.

3. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia Chieftain

50 % faster Settler production is very powerful though, and even more so when compared to the other, very small bonuses. Perhaps there's a ton of different policy cards and he'd only discovered one very powerful one and a lot of minor bonuses when they filmed that video? It's the only way I can make sense of what was shown.

EDIT: @Syon: Just saw your edit; that reassures me a little bit, but imo a +2 bonus to something is still a pretty bland bonus that should be made more interesting. It's fine as part of a larger bonus, but too bland as its own thing.
    EDIT2: I know the government is a 'larger thing', but still, I want to be enthused about picking any bonus, and '+1 to production in all cities' makes me think 'I wonder what's on TV?', and not 'Another small step for the Empire!'.

4. Haig

Haig Warlord

Colossus is a Wonder, so it's not a Rome unique building as rumored..

Mahabodhi Temple as a new wonder.

5. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Chieftain

The governments themselves have more significant modifiers attached to them, in addition to various card slots. Think of it like, you've got one locked in major government bonus, and a few customizable policy bonuses.

6. Eagle Pursuit

So is Giza Egypt's capital?

7. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

I pretty much took these with you in mind. Let's hope the stream quality is better with Gamespot.

EDIT: Here's the link. Looks like we're in for 720p.

8. Veras

Veras Chieftain

Her head is so big :crazyeye:

9. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Chieftain

Colosseum?

10. Gali

Gali Chieftain

Also remember you will be switching these cards a lot. Colonization will be a very powerful card when you are producing settlers. Then you will want to switch it out for a more useful bonus. I am expecting at least 3-4 tiers of government. The ones we've seen from classical, a medieval/renaissance, industrial age and modern. There are probably at least a hundred policy cards if you've got 20 by turn 60 which people reported.

This isn't like Tradition where any powerful bonus was powerful and locked in forever.

11. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

Yeah, lol! If they're gonna go with that Cleopatra nonsense at least make it Alexandria.

12. TPangolin

The new ones we saw so far was the Eiffel Tower, Hagia Sophia, Colosseum, Great Library and Mont-Saint Michel.

13. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

My guess is the filter is to help players sort the cards and find the ones they want. For example, there might be a science filter to help the player find all the cards that deal with science.

14. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia Chieftain

They need to work on the flavor as well (which I'm sure they will, before release). 'Is our policy agenda set?' sounds very gamey to my ears. I'd go with 'Shall we govern as decreed, sire?'. And for your replies, 'So it is written, so shall it be' vs. 'Let us reconsider'.

15. Eagle Pursuit

Well, if the Colosseum and Pyramid are Wonders and the Great Wall is a Unique Improvement, then either the Forbidden Palace or the Sphinx will also be a Unique Improvement.

I'm leaning towards Sphinx. China having 2 UIs strikes me as unlikely.

16. TPangolin

Which is kinda odd, because massive Colosseums were much more prevalent as buildings in the Roman Empire than massive Sphinxes were in the Egyptian Empire.

17. Eagle Pursuit

18. Monado

Monado Chieftain

hate hate hate the leader screens.

19. Haig

Haig Warlord

I love the leader screens, better than previous Civs. Although Teddy has eaten quite a lot of freedom fries..

The battle animations look more detailed, more frames to them than Civ 5. Quite fast though.

20. Josephias

Josephias Chieftain

Regarding wonders, Big Ben seems in as well, and I'm not sure if the skyscrapper group behind Xi'an will be other as well.