CivCon 09 Cancelled

They used developer's diaries for the Conquests (scenarios) in C3C, so I doubt it's out of the question. You have to be pretty far along in game development, though, to publish some type of a journal/diary.

I would expect that Firaxis already are fairly far along in development. Last completely new game they made was Revolutions, thats a long time ago. Colonisation was basically a mod of Civ4, the development cant have been going on for too long.

However I do admit I dont know much about the industry so all these assumptions are with that proviso.

I would expect that Firaxis already are fairly far along in development.

...However I do admit I dont know much about the industry so all these assumptions are with that proviso.

Well, I am no expert of gaming industry, either.

My guess is that you need an estimated release date to have a game announced
and perhaps this is what is not decided yet...

I get why Blizzard, and other companies, needs the secrecy - they have actual competition. Firaxis has zero competition with the Civilization franchise. Would be nice though, if they had... might get something a bit more innovative next time then.

There are a great number of things about Civ IV I like. One thing they should fix is that the game always moves to the next unit at once, which means you'll have to scroll back if there is sommthing you want to do in the area where the unit you just dealt with is. This automatic moving on *at once* was not in previous avatars of the game and is hence obviously possible to fix.

Top Bottom