CiVI Reformation Victories

CiVI Reformation Victories 1.5.2

Love this... Haven't downloaded it as I've many other mods that it won't play nicely with. I wish there was a "wish list" type of feature or "save for later" on here. :)

Love this... Haven't downloaded it as I've many other mods that it won't play nicely with. I wish there was a "wish list" type of feature or "save for later" on here. :)
What mod do you have that isn't compatible?

Just tried 1.1 and it is still conflicting with CQUI MOD.

As newer versions are released I will attempt to make this compatible with other mods that affect the ProductionPanel.lua file. With any luck the modding SDK will have something that will make this easier to handle (when it's released). I am afraid for the immediate future though that there is no compatibility with CQUI.

Could always bookmark the page ;) and check back for future versions that may include updates for compatibility with other mods. Just out of interest which other mods do you use which you think may not work with this mod?

greyTiger submitted a new resource:

CiVI Reformation Victories - Add new victory types to the game. Economic, Metropolis and Territorial.

Read more about this resource...

Hi thanks for this, I want to use this with the production mod, but I have followed your read me but it still doesn't seem to work, are the files I am supposed to edit in your mod file or the production mod files or in the base game files? Thank you

Hi thanks for this, I want to use this with the production mod, but I have followed your read me but it still doesn't seem to work, are the files I am supposed to edit in your mod file or the production mod files or in the base game files? Thank you

Hi. Could you describe what you see in game.

Does the production screen for a city not open when you click on the cog button?
Does the victories screen not show the new victories?
Do you see the production screen, but no production queue tab?

Any additional information you can provide would be great.
As for what files to change, version 1.1 of my mod has the following folder structure:

CiVI Reformation Victories v1.1
Art
dds files ...
UI
Panels
ProductionPanel.lua
ProductionPanel-Queue.lua

Readme.txt
PartialScreens
victories screen files ...
XML
database xml files ...

So the files you need to rename are the two lua files in the CiVI Reformation Victories v1.1\UI\Panels\ folder.

1. ProductionPanel.lua changes to ProductionPanel-Default.lua
2. ProductionPanel-Queue.lua changes to ProductionPanel.lua

Double check the spelling as if the file is missing then you will get the default Firaxis production screen.

It may be possible that another mod other than the Production Queue mod is causing the issue, or it may be the order in which the mods are loaded (though that would only really mean you could see the victory monument projects before you had achieved the victory conditions).

Hope this helps to clear up the changes needed.

greyTiger updated CiVI Reformation Victories with a new update entry:

CiVI Reformation Victories v1.2

Version 1.2 changes:

• The projects for the Economic, Metropolis and Territorial victories all now cost 1000 production.
  • New icons added to victories screen.
  • Endgame screen will now play a movie for the new victory types.
  • Endgame screen will now show the victory banner with the appropriate victory icon and banner colour.
  • Victory monument icons now displayed in tech and civics trees.
  • Victory monument icons now displayed in production screen.
  • Note: Economic victory...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Additional victory types. What would you like to see next?
  • Industrial Victory. Focus on a strong industrial base with core cities that output X production, along with access to X number of strategic resources (Coal, Alumminium and Oil).
  • Diplomatic Victory. Peace with all major civs with Embassies in each capital. Alliance with 2 or more major civs. Suzerain of 3 or more City States.
  • Environmental Victory. Focus on preservation of natural resources. Establish X number of National Parks. No industrial footprint in capital. X number of old growth and planted forests.
  • Maritime Victory. Focus on a strong navy with power projection across the globe. X number of carrier groups (including aircraft). X number of colonies on different continents.
Would love feedback and new ideas on what conditions the above victory types could require.

Looking for new ways to play the game (things to focus on) that we may often ignore. e.g. I am yet to create an aircraft carrier after 20 or so games.
If you have any other victory types that you would like to see, please share.

For the Maritime Victory, no nation has truly just had a Navy and become a powerhouse, it's more so the application of it. You could change the Maritime Victory to "Colonial Victory" I'd think that'd be a much better Choice. Let me Illustrate:
The British became a powerhouse colonially, because if you wanted to have a Colonial Empire in America, you needed to best the British Navally.
The Portuguese controlled the Southern Atlantic, and the Mare Clausum that ensued lead to a Brazil existing in the Spanish America.

So, if you change it, it'd have a more steady basis. The Victory then should be something like:
  • Have the Largest Navy
  • Have X cities on other continents
  • Have every luxury
  • Construct the East India Trading Company Project
However, as an immediate Implementation, the Diplomatic Victory seems best, as it is hard to mess up when conceptualizing.

Nice mod, your ideas are interesting and original.

I like Singularius' idea of a colonial victory (rather than just maritime). But I'd add an exploration dimension to it, rather than a commercial one (since there is already a commercial victory in your mod) :
  • own at least one city with a seaport and an airport on each continent
  • discover every natural wonder on the map
  • own the largest (or the most powerful) navy

For the Maritime Victory, no nation has truly just had a Navy and become a powerhouse, it's more so the application of it. You could change the Maritime Victory to "Colonial Victory" I'd think that'd be a much better Choice.

Thanks for the feedback. While I like more of a colonization focus, I think the all luxuries is very close to my current Economic victory. The other conditions would fit well though.

Nice mod, your ideas are interesting and original.

I like Singularius' idea of a colonial victory (rather than just maritime). But I'd add an exploration dimension to it, rather than a commercial one (since there is already a commercial victory in your mod) :
  • own at least one city with a seaport and an airport on each continent
  • discover every natural wonder on the map
  • own the largest (or the most powerful) navy

A Colonial victory that focuses on exploration (in the early/mid game) over commerce sounds like a good option. The focus could then shift from the creation of the colonies to controlling the seas with a strong naval force. Thinking conditions would be:
  • Discover each Natural Wonder on the map before launching a satellite.
  • Establish a city on every continent. Each city must have a seaport and an airport.
  • Maintain the worlds most powerful navy. Requires at least 2 aircraft carriers (with jet fighters) and 2 nuclear submarines.
  • Establish the International Maritime Organization project.
At this stage I think that Diplomatic will be the first extra victory. Just need to find the right lua calls to make to test the conditions.

Current progress on a reworked Economic victory tab. Provides much more information in a more interesting way I think.

As a bonus this interface is quite useful when you want to see what other civs may have to trade without having to click on each leader and then make a deal just to see.

It's quite interesting to see that the AI does not seem to make many trade routes with other civs (at least on this large Europe map anyway).

• Establish a city on every continent. Each city must have a seaport and an airport.
One thing to keep in mind... I like to play on a Pangea map and the game divides it up into continents, but many of them are landlocked. So you wouldn't be able to have a seaport on every continent.

Great mod, but the only downside is that its incompatable with CQUI. Please fix this and the combination will be marvelous.

One thing to keep in mind... I like to play on a Pangea map and the game divides it up into continents, but many of them are landlocked. So you wouldn't be able to have a seaport on every continent.

May need to make the victory condition an OR then, and add an extra part.
  • Establish a city on every continent. Each city must have a military academy and a seaport or an airport.

Good point.
This seaport thing is redundant, actually. It forces the player to do two things :
  • advance to late technologies (already covered by the airport requisite)
  • focus on navy (already covered by the navy power/size requisite)
It's probably fine to simply remove it.

Have been making some good progress the last few days with the updated UI for each of the custom victories (the new Economic victory UI can be seen a few posts prior). Just running through some test games at present, but it looks like version 1.3 should be out within the week.

Looking a little further ahead to version 1.4, I am hoping to remove my dependency on building projects to complete the victories. I have been testing out using LuaEvents to trigger code in the EndGameMenu.lua file that eliminates the need for me to modify the ProductionPanel.lua file at all. This would mean full compatibility with Production Queue and CQUI without needing to release modified files for those mods. Great news moving forward :)

With this new technique it makes it easier for the AI to achieve one of the new victories (they can quite easily win a Territorial victory). The AI will need help with establishing trade routes to other civs to get them closer to the Economic victory (they do well with obtaining luxuries and having a high GPT), and will need to know how to grow a city tall to achieve the Metropolis victory, all changes that will come over time.

The only con I have found so far to forcing the victory through code in the EndGameMenu.lua file is that the 'One More Turn' functionality after the game has finished does not work correctly. As a result I will likely just disable the 'One More Turn' button in the first roll out.

There is much more that I want to achieve with this mod in the longer term:
  • More victories. Colonial\Maritime, Diplomatic, Environmental, Industrial
  • New buildings to help with achieving certain victories.
  • New governmental policies ranging from increased industrial output, to increased food output, increased gold revenue, extra amenities options, extra diplomatic options.
  • AI fully aware and able to achieve all new victory types.
  • Ability to enable\disable victories in the game setup screen.
  • Notifications when the AI is close to achieving a victory.
  • Enhanced UI for victories tab.
A lot of work ahead, so back to the testing for me ;)

Looking forward ver 1.4 and full CQUI compatibility. Great work man!

I feel like the territorial victory is way too easy if the AI don't expand much. Perhaps make it so that you need at least 30% of the total land tiles on the map, a la british empire?

Top Bottom