CiVI Reformation Victories

CiVI Reformation Victories 1.5.2

greyTiger updated CiVI Reformation Victories with a new update entry:

CiVI Reformation Victories v1.3

Version 1.3 includes the following changes:

1. The detailed tabs for the Economic, Metropolis and Territorial victories have been updated to present more information.
  • Economic tab shows GPT and the required target. This differs for each player as their amount is not counted in the target.
  • Civilization icons for each player you have a trade route to.
  • Resource icons for each luxury you have access to (farmed, mined, traded for).
  • Luxury resource condition text shows tooltip...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I feel like the territorial victory is way too easy if the AI don't expand much. Perhaps make it so that you need at least 30% of the total land tiles on the map, a la british empire?

Sounds like a great idea. Somewhere around the 30-35% as a minimum should work well and not put it out of reach of the more aggressive AI. I'll look to include this change in an upcoming version.

Experiencing an issue where the territorial project and metropolitan project are enabled by default.
Meaning, I'm able to build them from turn 1.

Any idea where the potential issue could be, which file or function code be conflicting with another mod? I have experience as a software developer, so should be able to make the modification and update with some hints.

Last edited:
Experiencing an issue where the territorial project and metropolitan project are enabled by default.
Meaning, I'm able to build them from turn 1.

Any idea where the potential issue could be, which file or function code be conflicting with another mod? I have experience as a software developer, so should be able to make the modification and update with some hints.

This would occur if the ProductionPanel.lua being used by the game does not have my additional code for filtering out the monuments until the appropriate time. The most likely cause of this would be either:

1. You are using the Production Queue mod too, but have not switched over to use my modified ProductionPanel.lua file in my mod's UI\Panels\ folder. Just follow the Readme.txt instructions in that folder to switch. May be possible that the Production Queue mod is overwriting my ProductionPanel.lua file. Though I have not had that happen to me when playing (as I have both mods turned on).

If Production Queue is activated and loading after then you could replace the Production Queue mod's ProductionPanel.lua file with the ProductionPanel-Queue.lua file in my mod (backing up the original and renaming my file to ProductionPanel.lua).

2. You are using another mod that changes the ProductionPanel.lua file, and this mod is loaded after my mod causing the conflict. I have only created a version compatible with Production Queue mod at this time I'm afraid.

If you wanted to add the code that I use to another mod's ProductionPanel.lua file to make it compatible then you would need to copy the following from my ProductionPanel.lua file. Search my file for -- // CiVI and you will find the sections I have changed or added.

Spoiler :

1. Add the variables that keep track of luxury resources that spawned on the map.
Code:
-- // CiVI Reformation Luxury Resources variables
local m_MapLuxuryResources:table = {};
local m_MapLuxuryResourcesCount:number = 0;

2. Near the end of the Refresh function there is a section where projects are added to the list that is displayed in the UI. Look for the section that begins with
Code:
       for row in GameInfo.Projects() do
           if row.Hash == currentProductionHash then
               new_data.CurrentProduction = row.Name;
           end

We add a new variable and check to determine if the project is related to a custom victory, just below the section in the previous code block. We then add the canProduce flag to the hash check line below.
Code:
           -- // -----------------------------------------------------------------
           -- // CiVI Reformation Victories
           local canProduce:boolean = buildQueue:CanProduce( row.Hash, true );

if (IsCustomVictoryProject(row)) then
               canProduce = CanBuildCustomVictoryProject(pPlayer, row);
           end

if row.Hash ~= currentProductionHash and canProduce then

3. Copy the section that contains all my support functions for checking victory criteria and progress. I won't post it here as it is quite long, but you can get it from my productionPanel.lua file. This section begins with
Code:
-- // ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- // CiVI Reformation Victory functions
-- // ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and ends with
Code:

just before the ShowHideDisabled() function.

4. The last part you would need to change is in the Initialize function at the very bottom of the file. Just add the following:
Code:
    -- // CiVI Reformation Victories: load the collection of luxury resources that have spawned on the map
   LoadMapLuxuryResourceData();

Hopefully that helps.

The next version of the victories mod will remove the need for the monuments to trigger the victory and will be compatible with mods that change ProductionPanel.lua as I will no longer need to alter that file. I expect to have the next version available sometime near the end of next week, possibly next weekend.

Last edited:

Got it, thanks. I'm actually using a UI mod which includes the Production Queue mod, so I'll just replace ProductionPanel.lua and run that.

Worst case, I'll just update the code with your changes and use that.

greyTiger updated CiVI Reformation Victories with a new update entry:

CiVI Victories Pack

New in version 1.4
  • Mod no longer changes the ProductionPanel.lua file, as such this mod should now be fully compatible with Production Panel and CQUI mods and any other mod that alters that file.
  • New policies added to provide options when aiming for the Economic and Metropolis victories.
  • National Bank project changed to provide +4 gold for each Bank in your empire and a one off boost of 60 GPP towards a Great Merchant.
  • New project World Council provides +6...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Could you do a conquest victory condition mod, like conquest in Civ IV? Where all cities have to be conquered. :)

It may be possible to add this victory type. Only complication I can see is that the Firaxis Domination victory type would conflict with it (as that triggers when all capitals are captured). As such I would
need to disable the Domination victory to prevent the conflict. This is likely something I would look at adding once I have the victory types configurable from the 'Advanced Options' page in the game setup screen (selecting the Domination victory would
disable Conquest, while selecting Conquest would disable Domination).

I have a few more victory types to add to the mod, along with some UI changes. I don't think a Conquest victory type will be available in the next version or two, unless there appears to be a large demand for that victory type.

Diplomatic victory looks interesting. I assume all of the conditions must be met at the same time to enable the project, and they must be sustained for the project to remain available?

Looks like a challenging but engaging path. Lots of diplomacy to be had. ;)

I'm also liking the new policies, I really like the vanilla policies that have trade-offs, so it's good to see more.

Edit: Regarding AI, have you had a chance to train it to pursue any of the new victories yet? Not a showstopper for me, I just want to make sure I give feedback where it's actually valid.

Diplomatic victory looks interesting. I assume all of the conditions must be met at the same time to enable the project, and they must be sustained for the project to remain available?

The project can be built once the 'Cold War' civic has been attained. You do not need to have met all the other requirements first.

Looks like a challenging but engaging path. Lots of diplomacy to be had. ;)

Given the sometimes erratic behavior of the AI it may be a challenge (more so with lots of players). I also hope it provides a different experience. My aim with these new victory conditions is to mix things up a little.

I'm also liking the new policies, I really like the vanilla policies that have trade-offs, so it's good to see more.

I wanted to provide extra options with the policies for achieving the new victories. I'm also a fan of having trade offs, hence most of my policies having one.

Regarding AI, have you had a chance to train it to pursue any of the new victories yet? Not a showstopper for me, I just want to make sure I give feedback where it's actually valid.

No changes to the AI yet. I have started looking at how the AI Strategies tables link together, but no real progress at this stage.

At the rate you're going, we won't even need an expansion including new victory types. Great work!

At the rate you're going, we won't even need an expansion including new victory types. Great work!
Just have some spare time at the moment and find myself enjoying modding the game as much as playing it.

Hello, mod is great, but I cant open the victories window, can you tell me why?)
Couple of questions to help me track down the problem.

1) What version are you using?
2) What other mods are you using? Do you know if any of them change the victories screen too?
3) Does the game crash completely? Or when you click on the button does it seem that nothing is happening?
4) Can you send me your lua.log file that is in the My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs folder?
5) Do you have a save game file you can post that I can check out?

Hopefully with some additional details I can find the problem and get a patch out. Cheers.

One additional thought I had is if you are playing a game that you started under an old version then the save game will not be compatible with the new version. e.g. game was started using version 1.3, but you have upgraded to version 1.4. The game will not be able to locate the 1.3 files and as such would likely not show the victories screen.

Could you try starting a fresh game with just this mod activated and let me know the results. After a few turns does the victories panel show up and are the new victories displayed?

Last edited:
Just have some spare time at the moment and find myself enjoying modding the game as much as playing it.

Nothing wrong with that, we all find enjoyment in various ways. Honestly, what you've released so far is already expansion level content IMO, and I appreciate that you're willing to share and improve upon it for the community.

Nothing wrong with that, we all find enjoyment in various ways. Honestly, what you've released so far is already expansion level content IMO, and I appreciate that you're willing to share and improve upon it for the community.
Thanks. That's very kind of you. I have been taking full advantage of the improvements made by other modders in Civ 6 (as I did with Civ 5) and am happy to give something back to the community in some way.

Hi Guys such an interesting Mod really like the idea. I've got two questions
1) Isn't diplomatic victory a bit easy and something that can be achieved a little too easily?
2) Do you find the Metropolis Victory too difficult, have you considered lowering city size for multiple +35 cities?

Let me know, I'm really excited about trying this MOD.

Couple of questions to help me track down the problem.

1) What version are you using?
2) What other mods are you using? Do you know if any of them change the victories screen too?
3) Does the game crash completely? Or when you click on the button does it seem that nothing is happening?
4) Can you send me your lua.log file that is in the My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs folder?
5) Do you have a save game file you can post that I can check out?

Hopefully with some additional details I can find the problem and get a patch out. Cheers.

One additional thought I had is if you are playing a game that you started under an old version then the save game will not be compatible with the new version. e.g. game was started using version 1.3, but you have upgraded to version 1.4. The game will not be able to locate the 1.3 files and as such would likely not show the victories screen.

Could you try starting a fresh game with just this mod activated and let me know the results. After a few turns does the victories panel show up and are the new victories displayed?

1) 1.4.1
2) YnAMP, AI+
3) nothing is happening
4) file is too big...
5) upload

Attachments

• quicksave.Civ6Save
    3.4 MB · Views: 116
Hi Guys such an interesting Mod really like the idea. I've got two questions
1) Isn't diplomatic victory a bit easy and something that can be achieved a little too easily?
2) Do you find the Metropolis Victory too difficult, have you considered lowering city size for multiple +35 cities?

Let me know, I'm really excited about trying this MOD.

Thanks for the feedback.

1) With a small number of players the Diplomatic victory may be easier to achieve. The requirement of the World Council can help delay it until other victories have a chance of being won though. With the unpredictability of the AI I have found that victory is not all that easy as 1 declaration of war can set you back 30+ turns if the AI refuses peace and to allow an embassy again afterwards.

Would love to hear any ideas you may have to improve this victory though :)

2) I have managed to achieve the Metropolis victory, had to dedicate 6 cities as support cities and have my metropolis city full of farms and housing. I added some policies in 1.4 that should make the victory a little easier to achieve, and as time goes by and I receive more feedback I will look at tweaking the target population to make it more balanced.

Last edited:
1) 1.4.1
2) YnAMP, AI+
3) nothing is happening
4) file is too big...
5) upload
I have downloaded the mods you were using and loaded up the save file. I believe the Ludicrous map size is causing the issue.

When I click on the Victory panel button in the top right of the screen the overview shows quite quickly for me, and I can see the default victories and new victories at the bottom. Clicking on the little + button to show the expanded information for the new victories is where it appears that nothing is happening. However, if you give it enough time (in my case about 30 seconds) clicking the + button a second time will show the custom victory tabs.

I do not play on such large map sizes myself (my pc was barely able to load the save, and had many missing textures when it did) so I had not encountered a map where load times of the custom victory tabs could be problematic. I believe it is likely my code for the Economic victory that is taking the time as this examines all luxury resources on the map to determine what resources are needed by the player for the victory. This code runs the first time the custom panel is opened so after the initial delay I think the button should be more responsive, at least in the same play session.

P.S. Just reloaded your game a second time, load time for the custom victory tabs had no real delay, so it seems the information is cached between sessions and that the delay only occurs on the first time the panels are displayed.

On another note your game seems very advanced for turn 66, did you start in another era other than ancient?

Last edited:
Top Bottom