1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CiVI Reformation Victories 1.5.2

Add new victory types to the game.Diplomatic, Economic, Metropolis and Territorial.

1. greyTiger

greyTiger Chieftain

greyTiger updated CiVI Reformation Victories with a new update entry:

CiVI Reformation Victories

Read the rest of this update entry...

NameArleadyUsed likes this.
  2. mecheltech

mecheltech Chieftain

Upload of German text strings (as we've discussed it in Steam).

Attached Files:

3. GameBoy2000

GameBoy2000 Chieftain

Seems like it would quite fun. Though I do have a question, do you think you will upload this to the Steam Workshop?

EDit: Never mind, Just saw this on the workshop. Downloading it now.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  4. Saeda

Saeda Chieftain

I really like this mod, but ever since updating to the Australian patch it's had issues. I downloaded the newest version posted here and I'm still getting the bug where my World Rankings button ceases to function (click it and it does nothing). Kinda hard to use this mod when I can't see how I'm doing :(

5. greyTiger

greyTiger Chieftain

Sorry for the slow response. Couple of questions to help track down the issue.

1. Are you playing on a huge map?
    On really large maps it can take 20-30 seconds the first time you try to view the victory panel. All subsequent loads in the game (and future games) are then less than a second (seems the layouts are cached for future use by Firaxis).

2. Have you checked the Lua.log file in the 'My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs' folder?
    If you open this file just after you have clicked on the victory panel button it should contain an error message near the bottom.

3. Are you trying to open the victory panel in a multiplayer game with teams?
    The mod is intended for single player and has not been tested on multiplayer games.

4. Are you playing on Mac?
    If so I believe the Mac version of the game has not yet been updated and will not work with the current version of the mod.

Thanks.

6. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

In my current game, I'm trying for an Economic Victory, but I'm struggling to figure out which Luxuries I still don't have. The breakdown on the victory progress screen tells you which ones you already have; would it be possible to make it so that it also told you which ones you don't have? That would make life so much easier.

EDIT: Never mind; I just realized you can hover over the wording and it tells you what you're missing.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  7. View619

View619 Chieftain

Suggest that tooltips providing additional information on hover be colored differently

8. greyTiger

greyTiger Chieftain

9. isau

isau Warlord

This is my first time seeing this. Truly fantastic work. I didn't know this mod existed or I might have not attempted to write my own Luxury Victory (with somewhat different rules). Excellent work. Also looks like it's compatible with my "combined tweaks" mod so I am excited to have a new way to play the game! Plus it might mean I don't have to try to fix the Luxury Victory I had that kept crashing the game. :)

10. greyTiger

greyTiger Chieftain

11. isau

isau Warlord

I do and I'm a little jealous. :) I had a vision for a "Monopoly Victory" where the way to win was to control more copies of each Luxury than any other player (similar to your Economic Victory, but a bit different). The goal was to incentivize hoarding a resource. However, my Lua kept crashing, probably due to bad pointers. Lua is one of those things I'm terrible at debugging. I can't imagine how much pain you went through setting this up. Works really great.

12. greyTiger

greyTiger Chieftain

There was a lot of pain and times when I would think I was going crazy :crazyeye:. I did this before I knew how to use FireTuner so it was a lot of print statements and running the game, check the lua.log, and then rework the code in notepad and try again. Glad I have figured out how to use firetuner for the newer mods I've worked on.

13. Zeusmoltar9

Zeusmoltar9 Chieftain

I did a little mod spotlight showing off this mod and my thoughts on it. It really adds a lot to the vanilla experience. Victories seem well balanced and not replacements for originals. I was really impressed with the victory screens as well.

here is the video spotlight:

14. greyTiger

greyTiger Chieftain

Thanks for the review. Very humbled to hear that you would consider adding it to your mod rotation. Currently working on a few other mods at the moment but do intend to add the ability to turn off specific victory types. The victories mod contains the same policies as my other mod you mentioned near the end of the video as they can help with completing certain conditions.

Once again thanks for the video.

15. beshr1993

beshr1993 Chieftain

PLEASE I NEED HELP:
    I am veeeery interested in the mod. I downloaded it and added it to the 'Mods' folder as usual, then I checked the mod box for it inside the game.
    Next, I started a new game to try the mod, but it seems that the mod is not working: nothing happens whenever I click on the victory progress button on the top right. I tried disabling all other mods, I tried a different computer, I tried deleting and reinstalling the mod, I tried alt+tab, I tried a new game, but nothing works (the victory progress button still doesn't open any window).
    What should I do??

16. greyTiger

greyTiger Chieftain

Couple of questions.

1. Do you use a Mac or PC?
    2. Have you tried deleting the mod from the "Mods\" folder and then installing it via steam?
    3. Do you see any error in the lua.log file when you click on the victory progress button?
    4. What size map are you playing on? The mod can struggle on Ludicrous size maps and will take 30 seconds or so to load the victories the first time in a game.

17. beshr1993

beshr1993 Chieftain

1. I have a PC.
    2. I tried deleting and reinstalling but it didn't work. Unfortunately I don't have steam (game downloaded from torrent).
    3. No errors appear, be it inside the game or in windows when I press alt+tab (after clicking the victory progress button).
    4. Standard map size.

Thanks for your support bro.

18. greyTiger

greyTiger Chieftain

Since it's not connected to steam I would assume that you do not have the latest patch. This mod requires the latest patch to run since they changed a lot of behind the scenes code related to victories since the initial release.

You could try an earlier version of the mod (probably version 1.2) since this was released before most of the major changes occurred. You should be able to get this from the Version History tab in this thread.

19. beshr1993

beshr1993 Chieftain

YES! I tried all of them, and the latest one that worked was 1.4.3. I will start a new game today and try one of your victory conditions.. I'm so looking forward to it! Thanks man.

20. Fierro

Fierro Chieftain

Hi! How can I disable Diplomatic Victory? I play with "Quo's combined tweaks" mod so I guess that one will be very easy.