Civil War Live Stream

Now that I know what Derek MadDjinn looks like, I like him more. My favorite thing about LPs is the game, but the personality behind it is important for me personally. Awesome, might start following his LPs since I haven't been :thumbsup:

Maybe I'm an idiot - isn't conquering all capitals the existing victory condition?

Currently, if someone else conquers other people's capitals for you, you don't have to conquer those capitals as well - just the capitals that haven't already been captured.

Now you have to capture all of them, even if they're not still held by the original builder.

Maybe I'm an idiot - isn't conquering all capitals the existing victory condition?

Not quite, you just need to be the only Civ left with their original capital. It's doable by taking every other one yourself, but it is also possible to let someone else do the dirty work and then blitz their capital and take it before they can react.

So the changes to India were the incredibly obvious and minor change that I thought of the moment I heard of the tourism mechanic. I loved how they hyped all the changes to existing civs when it was actually very little. One tiny little notation for India, a decent tweak for Arabia and then France. Nothing for the other weak civs at all. The Dutch UA becomes even weaker since you get less benefit from the 1-2 times per game you bother to use it.

Glad they finally addressed the changes to existing civs, though the answer was underwhelming.

Glad I decided to put a bunch of periods in my question, it seemed to draw attention!

Yeah, I'm a little underwhelmed by the changes to existing Civs. Ed said he couldn't remember anything else apart from India and Arabia, so it looks like it's just those two with changes.

Still, we got a nice bit of info out of this stream, so I'm happy :) Best news was hearing about the worker bug finally being resolved, and the changes to Domination sound good too.

Venice screenshot confirms that one can start a trade route from a puppet, as expected.

Note that the city-state icon has been removed from the city-states that Venice owns. It works like Austria.

Is Milan on Science Focus? Or am I reading to much into what I see.

Shoshone look pretty cool. Also, disappointing that Germany isn't being changed and India's UA is the same. Did they say anything about America?

Top Bottom