Civilization 6 Features Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
some more wonders info confirmed

I'm watching the Gamespot video and in the Districts tab, the production option for "Aqueduct" appears. So unless I'm totally mistaken, this would indicate that Aqueduct is a District.

[Edit] I managed to pause while the tool tip was up. It says:
"A district that brings fresh water from adjacent River, Lake, Oasis, or Mountain to your city, boosting its potential population."

Maybe worth mentioning at the start that 4 civs out of the 18 will be completely new to CIV? This was mentioned on the twitch stream by Ed Beach I believe.

I'm watching the Gamespot video and in the Districts tab, the production option for "Aqueduct" appears. So unless I'm totally mistaken, this would indicate that Aqueduct is a District.

[Edit] I managed to pause while the tool tip was up. It says:

Ah good catch, I had updated that whole section but something seems to have gone wrong, have re added all the info

Maybe worth mentioning at the start that 4 civs out of the 18 will be completely new to CIV? This was mentioned on the twitch stream by Ed Beach I believe.

I only saw him mention that there would be new civs not any specific number

it appears Horse archers are back, also a Heavy Chariot unit in the build menu, wonder if that means multiple chariot types. these appear at 1:58 for the heavy chariot, Ed mentioned Horse archers and there is a unit of barbarian horse archers on screen at 5:18
source.
https://youtu.be/J88bmqKrbu0

Also units get flat combat bonuses against other unit types instead of % bonuses
(Pikes are listed with a bonus of +10 v. Melee, and Barb Warriors had a +5 v. Spearmen/Pikemen)

added Colosseum bonus, Shipyard and Science victory

Small update to Civs and trade routes

I can't see a diplomacy section in your list of features, though you mention agendas under leaders. True, we don't know much about it yet, except that it starts simple and gets more refined. Might be worth mentioning that open borders apply from the outset, prior to diplomatic refinement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDcUj8PrMh8 <- a high-res IGN video (my source)

Ancient Walls - Provides Walls around the City Center and Encampment district. Walls allow ranged strikes from the City Center and Encampment district, and must be defeated before a city can be assaulted.

Battering Ram - Support unit. When adjacent to a city, melee units may damage the city's walls.

Made some small updates to the first post

If this has been mentioned before, please ignore.

- Population determines the amount of districts. More pop -> more districts
- A district will have max 3 buildings.
- Each victory type will have an end game movie. A part of the space victory movie was already shown.
- Wonders near a cultural district will give extra culture output.
- Districts next to each other (a cluster of districts) will also give a bonus.
- Diplomacy changes/grows overtime in the game. In the beginning it's a wild west.
- You can't embark on or off a cliff, but there will be an exception later in the game.
- Traders/trade routes have no more fixed turns and a trade route is build up based on the buildings in a city.
- Each civ and leader has an UA. For China we don't know yet, but for Qin it's the builder with an extra charge and the ancient + classical wonder rushing.
- Each civ will have one or more UUs.
- Each civ will have one unique infrastructure; a building, an improvement or a unique district.

Looks like there's a unique city artstyle for each civilization, because turns out China and Japan have different artstyle. See my makeshift picture below:
Spoiler :

I'm sure I saw America's artstyle that's not a sketch somewhere - maybe in Quill's video
...and artstyle instantly change when the city is captured, as demonstrated by China's capture of Giza in E3 video.

City list:
China: Xi'an (capital), Jiaodong, Beijing
Egypt: Giza (capital)
USA: Washington (capital)

Update to Japan leader and probably Indian confirmation in a GameStar magazine article

Updated America's Civ Bonuses

Minor nitpick - why is the confirmed information red-colored? I was totally expecting green, so at first I was like "oh wow, something got debunked?":lol:

Added Spain/India and more info on Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom