Civilization Anonymous is back

That's me ... I need help.

Didn't like Civ 4, So I modded it :D

The old nuke-obsessed lady always cracks me up. I remember her from the CivIV CivAnon video.

Awesome!!! No more erections!!!

They misspelled Gandhi (as 'Ghandi') everywhere he's mentioned.

EDIT: Some parts of this site haven't been edited in years!

Civanon Support Blog said:
Welcome to the brand new CivAnon Support Blog. As CivAnon continues to grow we will be adding more and more to the site. Enjoy! Remember to spread the word! Civ IV is coming in November; we must prepare! Keep anyone at risk away from the game.

It's satire. Saw this a few years ago when civ 4 came out. Could see no posible way this could be officially sponsored by take 2, sid, ad nauseum. It's just merely fan sponsored idle.

Cheers!
-Liq

It felt too much like an advertisement though. It had some funny parts, but spent a lot of time advertising the iDevice versions and the new Facebook thing. Maybe I'm a PC purist (I did get Rev for the DS) but I didn't like it as much as the Civ 4 anon. Although the guy chanting in latin was a nice catch, along with the Obama parodies.

I found it funny. Love the cameo and everything. I noticed Sid right away. A friend sent me the link to the site the other day and I thought it was serious. I quickly realized from the video, it may not be.

But, I do agree that addiction is a problem. I missed a week of work when I learned to play Civ 2. I was pretty sick and learned top play Civ on my flatmate's cpu. When I was better, I told my job I was sick still and missed a week of work playing. It was just a silly co-op job in university which I did not enjoy, but I know others who failed out of university because of things like Civ.

We played a lot of Civ 2 in university (and Duke Nukem). I had a girlfriend who was always pissed off with me showing up late and hearing from my housemates it was because of Civ 2. She demanded to see this game and I showed her how to play. After a while, she didn't want to play as a team with me, she was playing her own games and banishing me from the room. An old joke my friends and I have is how one afternoon she just blurted out about taking over the Iroquois because they have inferior technology. She was totally sucked in! That lady in the video totally reminds me of that. Quite hilarious.

I think that within the Civ community, this video is quite funny. I used to get frustrated with my job, come home and use Civ to unwind. I know my limits now. In fact modding is great because you are essentially playing the game, but it's more rewarding in the long-run. Plus, if things mess up and I have to redo to XML files or figure out a CtD, it's enough to frustrate me and I take a few days off. Modding has helped me moderate.

But I want to assure the doubters out there, that video game addiction is a serious problem. As someone pointed out, kids do die from playing these things and neglecting themselves. I have played for almost two days straight before, but I would eat and shower and have a stretch now a then. Some people don't know how to stop themselves. I don't think Firaxis or CIV is intentionally trying to addict people, but a few friends of mine that are all wrapped up in the WoW think that those companies are blatantly exploiting their fans/customers. Video games could be the next thing that is used to control the masses, so while I find the humour in this video and found it enjoyable, we should not take lightly the problems that video game addiction can have.

Take a look at this article and see. This could have been me, or any of us. Addictive behaviour is a problem for the person and their loved ones, no matter what the addiction is. A guy I know from university had his wife leave him because of his constant Civ playing.

I hope we can all enjoy video games in moderation, as that's when they as the most enjoyable. :D

</rant>

Screw the loved ones, don't have em anyway!

no "George W" (or an Obama equivalent) this time??

I thought the Civ 4 one was funnier, until right at the end where the guy dressed as Ceasar Say's "No more turns" in latin lol.

"...go home to my wife and two children"
"We have three children"

BWAHAHAHA!

I loved this video!

But for the doubters, you really need to have seen the old one for Civ 4 to really enjoy this one

Lastly, they're actors

Who wants to be offended - will always find a way to. I personally can relate to those who have game addiction, but I find these civanon trailers just funny. :)

Anyway, I'm posting here because I wasn't been able to find where to download those posters (NOPE and firaxism). So I grabbed the NOPE one from video and cleaned it a bit.

If anyone knows where to download originals or have a better cleaned copy - you'd be most welcome.

Attachments

• Civilization-5---CivAnon-Trailer-[youtube-720p].mp4_snapshot_comb_darkened_lc_d2.jpg
    Civilization-5---CivAnon-Trailer-[youtube-720p].mp4_snapshot_comb_darkened_lc_d2.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 140
Top Bottom