• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword - Expansion no2!

How would you feel if the AI were programmed to make good use of this by abandoning its cities just before you can capture them?
Hehehe, that would be tedious. Might make the Imperialistic trait worth more though ;)

Spoiler :
T.A, I don't want to propell this topic any further, but the solution in civ4 was meant to force the player to declare their intentions before being able to act on it. There are obviously some strange effects resulting from the civ4 solution (like the invisible barrier), but they are gameplay minded.

I really hope they can add a abandon city system close up to the one in the mod; Total realism. I suggest that when you press the abandon city button, the city will lose one population each turn, until its gone. You should also have to have at least 3 units in the city to do this.

I really hope they can add a abandon city system close up to the one in the mod; Total realism. I suggest that when you press the abandon city button, the city will lose one population each turn, until its gone. You should also have to have at least 3 units in the city to do this.

Also, a unhappy face should be sprinkled into every city in your empire. Maybe 2 per city. This makes it so that the mentioned exploit of preventing a culture flip still comes at a cost to you. Which is more important? Not allowing a rival to gain a city via culture flip and taking a large unhappy penalty with your whiney citizens, or letting them have the city and maintaining your empire?
I would love to see an abandon city option come in tho.

This expansion really has me watching it. I am very interested in many of the ideas announced. I haven't even had a slight yearning to purchase Warlords and still don't really. When this expansion is released though or I get more info on it, it may incline me to go ahead and grab warlords for 10-15 bucks. (although I prefer 10 :D)
I also would like an option brought in for military passage and Open Borders reserved for trade routes and missionaries.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and let me pillage my own roads! :p

I'm fine with this, but your idea is even better (IMO) for razing. Razing a size 9 city should take 9 turns, not happen instantaneously.

I can't wait!
Natural disasters sounds interesting, what kind of disasters there might be..
earthquakes..

I really hope that Firaxis will add some kind of inquisition system here. It is realistic, for example the Spanish Inquisition(waiting for someone to make a Monty Python joke). And I hope that Suleyman the Great will be added as another Ottoman leader.

This makes me wanting to play Warlords. Haven't played it for couple of months. Maybe I should.

Mehmed II's signature said:
"Hetkinen" sanoi Putkinen ja pieraisi puhelimeen.:crazyeye:

I wonder what foreigners think this is...

How would you feel if the AI were programmed to make good use of this by abandoning its cities just before you can capture them?

Bright day
As others said, unhappy faces for entire empire.

i think if you abandon your city that barbs should be able to take it over and then the barbs become a civ

^^

That would be ridiculous to make a new civ, just so others could steal the city. However, if you could release the city as your vassal or a dominion, it would be fabulous.

Skipping all the petty arguing- youpeople really need to go to the Total War Medieval forums where legitimate patch/expansion complaining happens... you're all SPOILED! This game ROCKS, the AI is fabulous (relative to ANY GAME OUT THERE- maybe barring GalCiV)... the game is rich, deep, broad, graphically nice, with GAMEPLAY that is endless... I LOVE IT!

And the expansion has made me wet my pants.

if paratroopers show up in the expansion and the AI uses them- I will have an orgasm from just reading that!

happy happy happy.... LOVE this game! It has blossomed into something to treasure since it's v1.0 release.

Back on topic:

I apologise if anyone already mentioned it, which I didn't notice, but maybe the futuristic equipment gains sense in the light of the name the woman in the suit had until yesterday (it seems they changed it now to art_2): Afterworld_Concept.

I'd say that's the work title for a scenario. Post-atomic maybe? Or my prayers may come true, and we'll get a "pocket SMAC"...

Edit: pic is still yclept Afterworld_Concept... only the smaller version is not.

I have reaaly been loooking forward to this news. Everything so far sounds good and i will keep up to date here. I don't know much about Cooperations but i am sure more info will be released

Also, a unhappy face should be sprinkled into every city in your empire. Maybe 2 per city. This makes it so that the mentioned exploit of preventing a culture flip still comes at a cost to you. Which is more important? Not allowing a rival to gain a city via culture flip and taking a large unhappy penalty with your whiney citizens, or letting them have the city and maintaining your empire?
I would love to see an abandon city option come in tho.

This expansion really has me watching it. I am very interested in many of the ideas announced. I haven't even had a slight yearning to purchase Warlords and still don't really. When this expansion is released though or I get more info on it, it may incline me to go ahead and grab warlords for 10-15 bucks. (although I prefer 10 :D)
I also would like an option brought in for military passage and Open Borders reserved for trade routes and missionaries.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and let me pillage my own roads! :p

Well if you get -2 Unhappiness from Abandoning a City to your entire empire, it should only last for 10 turns, similar to Slavery's whipping and Nationhood's Drafting Unhappiness, I'd be so Annoyed if it lasted for ever.

Well if you get -2 Unhappiness from Abandoning a City to your entire empire, it should only last for 10 turns, similar to Slavery's whipping and Nationhood's Drafting Unhappiness, I'd be so Annoyed if it lasted for ever.

Yeah definatley it should go away over time. Although, I would say it should be equal to slavery x 3 or 4 as far as length-wise. Or at least double. That is 60/90/120 turns on marathon. :eek:

This makes it so that not many cities could really be moved in one game. For instance, after you dispose of one of your cities fighting off invading enemy culture, you won't be able to do another one fighting the same thing 10 turns later.

Top Bottom