Civilization IV Official Strategy Guide

just curious sirian, did you get the quote wine, women and song from the Jade Empire?

Now, selling the strategy guide before the actual game is what i call smart corporate dealings.

When I crafted the scenario for Epic Fifty, it just turned out to be a lucky map situation. The spot where I put the player had Wines and Tobacco and Furs, and thinking about the Wines got me on to the subject. Then I got the idea for a diplomatic event involving behaving differently toward the women opponent leaders than the men.

I pulled the phrase out of my subconscious. Not sure where it originated, but I had heard it before and it fit, so I went with it.

Epic Fifty is over. Waiting on Civ4 to come out before Realms Beyond kicks off the Civ4 Epics, obviously. :D

- Sirian

i did really enjoy the strategy guide wich juz came along with Civ3, but i doubt i'll pay extra for one. Since all prices get a lil pumped up over here (blasted euro)

The 20$ is prolly juz gona get a sticket with an E sticked over the $

I'll juz read up handy tips on these here forums, and where ever there will be guides, wich i'm sure will be made in mass. Especially if the official strategy guide is released before the game i'll bet my loaf of cornbread on it that before the game is released someone has worked that whole guide out on the internet.

apatheist said:
PTW and C3C didn't have a long run-up of MP testing, though, right?

Yes, they did, but not as long as Civ4 from what I hear. But the developers changed stuff right up till the last minute in both of those titles.

warpstorm said:
Yes, they did, but not as long as Civ4 from what I hear. But the developers changed stuff right up till the last minute in both of those titles.
I'll still be hopeful, though. With PTW and C3C, they were more limited in some ways in what they could change because they were building on the base Civ3. What could be a single, small change in some fundamental game concept (culture, for instance), might require many, larger hacks in things relating to it because it was too dangerous/unpopular to change the core. Naturally, those changes would be harder to balance and control. Since we haven't gotten used to the base Civ4, they have a lot more freedom to make fundamental tweaks than they might have with PTW and C3C. At least, that's the theory...

Top Bottom